Are those for personal use?

Exactly. That was what we got in a heated argument with the manager about. I mean, c'mon, she could leave and enter the country with it but can't get a drink? Also, that showed me that you CAN'T drink there unless you have the ability to drive home! :scared1: I just didn't get it. Essentially, we got kicked out. Oh well. My temper is usually quite mild, but sometimes.....:mad:

I'm really surprised you got a hard time about the tripod. I carried mine all around Downtown Disney (both WDW and DL) without any problem whatsoever. Obviously it's not Disney policy since there's always a few tripods floating around.

I'm generally not very argumentative either, but I've probably tell the security guard to get stuffed. :teeth: Well, maybe not that, but definitely tell he that he's absolutely wrong and to check with his supervisor.

If there's any doubt - how about this: every time you go through bag check, they see everything, and I've always mentioned the tripod (when it was "hidden" in the bottom of our stroller) and never had a hard time. If the bag check people OK it, that's a pretty good sign that it's OK.

funny, evidently the security guard has never been to wdw after dark:lmao:

but what is it with tripods anyway, i've seen little p&s on a tripod so do they really think that makes them pros?

and mark i showed hub the photo of you loaded down with gear...never again will he complain about my one scrawny bag:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

funny, evidently the security guard has never been to wdw after dark:lmao:

but what is it with tripods anyway, i've seen little p&s on a tripod so do they really think that makes them pros?

and mark i showed hub the photo of you loaded down with gear...never again will he complain about my one scrawny bag:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I don't think it's the tripod alone, I think it's the combination of a tripod and a big, scary-looking camera (i.e. an SLR or anything that looks like an SLR).

Let me shed a little light on the situation. I met Mark at the Magic Kingdom today...

I'm sure the only reason no one asked him if he was a pro today is because of MNSSHP. They probably thought this was a costume! The rear view includes a tripod. It was fun to see him negotiate the turnstiles.

And by the way - he's just as nice in person as he is on the boards. I had a great time hanging out with you Mark!

That was me 30 years ago when the equipment was heavier. Today I run (actually walk) around with only a Sony H5 and Panasonic TZ1.

Enjoy it when your young!!!

Let me shed a little light on the situation. I met Mark at the Magic Kingdom today...

I'm sure the only reason no one asked him if he was a pro today is because of MNSSHP. They probably thought this was a costume! The rear view includes a tripod. It was fun to see him negotiate the turnstiles.

And by the way - he's just as nice in person as he is on the boards. I had a great time hanging out with you Mark!

:thumbsup2 So glad you thought to take a photo of him in his 'get up'.

I had the good fortune of bumping into Mark at AK earlier in the day. I saw him walk by where I was waiting in line for Nemo and thought...hmm...lots o'camera equipment, maybe a DISer, if he were underwater with a mask on it might be the same person...and with luck- he joined the Nemo line too so I went over and chatted with him for a minute.

Can't wait to see his photos (no pressure Mark! :) ). I was touring with my 10 year old DD who has no patience for pausing for creative photography so my shooting was limited. Plus- with the heat of last week- schlepping my Nikon around was getting pretty tiresome(can't believe I just said that).

It was a real thrill seeing both CampingGal and Barrie at the parks. It was especially nice as I was there by myself, so it was good to talk to other people that I "know."

I posted some of the picks I took at the Nemo show over on
showthread.php
. While my shots weren't great, they weren't bad for a first effort either. I think it's an easier show to shoot than the Festival of the Lion King, although I think the latter is a much more enjoyable show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter