Are beverages from Cabana's only available during meal times?

Dismamx2

Mouseketeer
Hi, we will be on deck 9 aft (Dream) in 10 days and Cabana's will be close to us for drinks. Can the beverage station be used at all times or only when Cabana's is serving food? I know there is another beverage station on the pool deck.

TIA

The drink stations inside Cabanas are only open during Cabanas' operating hours and you are requested to use the regular drink stations on Deck 11, which are open 24 hours, the rest of the time.

Thank you all - we will have Disney refillable mugs but will make sure to use a fresh cup to fill them :thumbsup2

I thought so. The wife was asking if we should bring ours and I wasn't sure if it were a good idea or not because I don't want to give the impression we're drinking and trying to sneak alcohol around the ship.

I thought so. The wife was asking if we should bring ours and I wasn't sure if it were a good idea or not because I don't want to give the impression we're drinking and trying to sneak alcohol around the ship.

Plenty of people bring various refillable mugs - from WDW or something else - to use at the drink station. As PP said, just make sure to use a paper cup to transfer your drink in order to avoid contact between your refillable mug and the drink station for hygienic reasons.

They even sell Tervis tumblers with DCL designs on the ship, they certainly won't think you are using your mugs to sneak alcohol around (even though I am sure there are a few people who do, but really what is keeping you from carrying your paper cup with coke to your room and add some rum to it).

Plenty of people bring various refillable mugs - from WDW or something else - to use at the drink station. As PP said, just make sure to use a paper cup to transfer your drink in order to avoid contact between your refillable mug and the drink station for hygienic reasons.

They even sell Tervis tumblers with DCL designs on the ship, they certainly won't think you are using your mugs to sneak alcohol around (even though I am sure there are a few people who do, but really what is keeping you from carrying your paper cup with coke to your room and add some rum to it).

I agree. It is very common to see people carrying around their own cups, and it's often because the disposable cups DCL supplies are tiny, not because there is alcohol in them.

We hardly ever drink soft drinks so I can't really see that big of a need of them anyway, but always nice to know.

Yes sorry, WDW refillable mugs, I've read that the paper cups are very small. Thanks again :goodvibes

You might still want to use larger cups of your own for water, unless you plan to bring bottled water on board.

My initial plan was to bring insulated water bottles that I use when cycling. They hold about 20 ounces (unless filled with ice) which I still will probably bring as well. But I'm sure the wife can dig into our cabinet to bring one of her 1,593 sorority party cups from her college days.

10087324.jpg

My initial plan was to bring insulated water bottles that I use when cycling. They hold about 20 ounces (unless filled with ice) which I still will probably bring as well. But I'm sure the wife can dig into our cabinet to bring one of her 1,593 sorority party cups from her college days.

If you aren't going to drink soda (or iced tea or lemonade), then insulated water bottles like the one you pictured are probably the best bet for you since they will be good for taking water when in port.

We hardly ever drink soft drinks so I can't really see that big of a need of them anyway, but always nice to know.

I don't drink soft drinks either, but I fill an insulated bottle with ice and water from the station to take back down to the stateroom if we're spending time in there during the day (if I'm not planning to have a mojito :)). For some excursions we will also take it off the ship with us.

I fill an insulated bottle with ice and water from the station to take back down to the stateroom
You can get ice from your room host and fill up in your room. All the water onboard is processed the same way, whether from the drink station, or from the tap in your room. Also the same water for making the ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter