Are all Disney resort perks fair?

I don't dispute people remember things. I do because I have an eye for detail and don't need to search out posts, but to actually admit you comb through posters history to somehow throw it back in their face is creepy and borders on stalking and harassment.

You couldn't be more wrong. If anything having the ability to search a poster's history keeps the trolls out. Stalking/harassment is when someone hates Disney but decides to join a Disney message board and create post after post of Disney bashing messages. The only possible reason anyone would do this is to harass the people who genuinely want to use the forum, and as a sad way of sticking it to Disney.

Nothing wrong with not liking many of the things Disney does and talking about it. But if you're here just to troll, it's nice to be able to call you on it and prove it.

You couldn't be more wrong. If anything having the ability to search a poster's history keeps the trolls out. Stalking/harassment is when someone hates Disney but decides to join a Disney message board and create post after post of Disney bashing messages. The only possible reason anyone would do this is to harass the people who genuinely want to use the forum, and as a sad way of sticking it to Disney.

Nothing wrong with not liking many of the things Disney does and talking about it. But if you're here just to troll, it's nice to be able to call you on it and prove it.
But where do you draw the line? When does it cross from discussion into trolling?

Searching through past posts seems like it could be stalking and a bit petty at times. I can't imagine doing this just to find "troublemakers".

Back to the topic, if you look through the posts you see a lot of examples of what people consider unfair. As another DISer posted, being unfair all depends on what your needs are.

Searching through past posts seems like it could be stalking and a bit petty at times. I can't imagine doing this just to find "troublemakers".

And again, not what is or was happening.

I can't imagine creating false ID's, copying other posters names and going on the attack. Several of you seem to be coming up with these scenarios under which it's strange or creepy or whatever to look thru a person's previous posts. And they're all great examples of being weird or creepy. Problem is, they have nothing to do with what happened so I'm puzzled as to why they keep being created. Well, not really puzzled at all.

Because what I hope I would see are posts saying that behavior I just described is wrong, reprehensible and a really creepy thing to do.

And again, not what is or was happening.

I can't imagine creating false ID's, copying other posters names and going on the attack. Several of you seem to be coming up with these scenarios under which it's strange or creepy or whatever to look thru a person's previous posts. And they're all great examples of being weird or creepy. Problem is, they have nothing to do with what happened so I'm puzzled as to why they keep being created. Well, not really puzzled at all.
I'm only reacting to past comments. The poster just before me seemed to think that going through past posts was a good idea.

I won't comment on the other because I apparently missed all of that.

Quite honestly, while I'm rarely interested in posters past history, I don't see a thing wrong with reading what they've posted in the past. The moral outrage over that combined with the silence over the other is astounding.

If you don't want people reading your history, you probably shouldn't be posting at all. I thought the entire point of posting on a internet forum was to have other people read it. You want it private, get a diary.

While I agree that whatever you post is public, it does start to feel a little uncomfortable when posters follow you from one forum to another, one they never posted on previously, just to make a point. Or when they start combing through your trip reports, not because they want to read along, but because they want to use the information to prove you wrong in another thread. That's where it starts feeling a little over the line.

I'm really encouraged to hear that's not what anyone here is doing. That helps put my mind at ease.

In a word, yes. They charge way more than many off site hotels, if there aren't perks for the price, why would anyone stay in them?

The hotels are open to everyone. They aren't exclusive. Anyone who wants the perks can stay at one. If you had to bribe the governor of Florida to get a room it would be one thing, but all you have to do is find one you like and can afford and poof, perks.

In a word, yes. They charge way more than many off site hotels, if there aren't perks for the price, why would anyone stay in them?

The hotels are open to everyone. They aren't exclusive. Anyone who wants the perks can stay at one. If you had to bribe the governor of Florida to get a room it would be one thing, but all you have to do is find one you like and can afford and poof, perks.

Unless you do a split-stay and then at least some of the perks can get a bit .... mangled. LOL.

And I can only speak for me, but the "perks" as we're referring to them in this thread weren't really what got me ... back in the day. After our first trip, we didn't use EMH. We always drove, so we always had a car ... Really, I stayed onsite for the theming and proximity, which you would expect to be resort-exclusive perks. I guess it's the crossover into PARK perks that has people scratching their heads.

Now, as others have said, the 60 day booking window for FPs has upped the value of the "perks".

If you can afford them. I don't care for the budget resorts because I feel like we lose perks by staying in them. I like the mods but they are getting awfully expensive for what they are. It's a balancing act.

Besides if you ask people why they stay onsite you mostly hear about the Disney bubble. That's there whether you get perks or not.

If you can afford them. I don't care for the budget resorts because I feel like we lose perks by staying in them. I like the mods but they are getting awfully expensive for what they are. It's a balancing act.

Besides if you ask people why they stay onsite you mostly hear about the Disney bubble. That's there whether you get perks or not.

Renting points has been an option. May be an opportunity for some who want the bubble. Though I keep reading that sometimes it is a deal and sometimes it is not.

We are one of those families that stay for the bubble. Though what perks they do have are appreciated.

Renting points has been an option. May be an opportunity for some who want the bubble. Though I keep reading that sometimes it is a deal and sometimes it is not.

We actually found the times we stayed at DVC properties that the Disney discounts were just as good or very close to what we would pay renting points. And we got the security of knowing we were dealing directly with Disney.

I think they're a lot tighter now on the Disney issued discounts though, so it may be a better deal to rent. It's been a few years since we stayed at a DVC resort.

The thing about all the fake user names lately is that it makes it really difficult to keep up with who is who. Maybe someone can send us a decoder ring or something? Fake user name people, please come up with an action plan. Discuss amongst yourselves. Or yourself. Whatever the case may be.

That's a cautionary tale about the dangers of making fun of someone else's mistake. There but for the grace of Mickey go I .....

As I said, I usually get called out on the tiniest of mistakes. It really doesn't bother me at all. I don't claim to be perfect and my ego is not so fragile as to be seriously damaged by being called out on a typo or mistake I inadvertently make. No big deal, laugh away. It's fine with me, I'm just happy I made someone smile. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter