Are all Disney resort perks fair?

I would never stay onsite if it weren't for the perks.

180+10
FP+ at 60 days
EMH
Free transportation (except technically anyone can use the buses or monorail)
No parking fees

So yes it's fair.

What is 180 plus 10?

Is that for dinning reservations?

What is 180 plus 10?

Is that for dinning reservations?

Yes. It means 180 days before their first day onsite they may book reservations for that first day PLUS up to ten more days going forward. So, from the 10th day of vacation looking back, it is 190 days. Sort of. :rolleyes:

I don't see how the local APs are getting less than anyone else. The Florida AP rate is at a discount, parking is free, hopping included, if you go often your ticket cost per day can be very low. What other perks do you think should be included, just curious.

It also included select dining and retail discounts.

My only issue is the limit of 7 days of FP+. Once an AP holder has an onsite reservation, we do have length of stay. But once we reach 7, we lose access to non resort stay capability to book. Fast passes. I would like to see that limit to exclude resort stays. OR, extend our max booking days to Be the same as the longest park hopper

An off siter with a 10 Day ticket can book 10 Days, for example.

A Florida resident staying onsite for 4 days gets 5 days of booking (check in to check out) and only 2 additional days for the total of 7 days. It places off siters with regular tickets of 8 days or more at an advantage over AP holders.

I would like to see that adjusted.

Otherwise--the reduced ticket cost per visit that an AP allows plus free parking are what motivates our purchase of that particular ticket. Anything else is just bonus.

I don't see how the local APs are getting less than anyone else. The Florida AP rate is at a discount, parking is free, hopping included, if you go often your ticket cost per day can be very low. What other perks do you think should be included, just curious.

Specifically the early booking windows for ADR, FP+, and EMH.. AP Holders should have access to all three of these benefits that are currently only available to WDW Resort Guests..

It also included select dining and retail discounts.

My only issue is the limit of 7 days of FP+. Once an AP holder has an onsite reservation, we do have length of stay. But once we reach 7, we lose access to non resort stay capability to book. Fast passes. I would like to see that limit to exclude resort stays. OR, extend our max booking days to Be the same as the longest park hopper

An off siter with a 10 Day ticket can book 10 Days, for example.

A Florida resident staying onsite for 4 days gets 5 days of booking (check in to check out) and only 2 additional days for the total of 7 days. It places off siters with regular tickets of 8 days or more at an advantage over AP holders.

I would like to see that adjusted.

Otherwise--the reduced ticket cost per visit that an AP allows plus free parking are what motivates our purchase of that particular ticket. Anything else is just bonus.

I agree, it should be 7 rolling PLUS the length of the onsite stay.

Specifically the early booking windows for ADR, FP+, and EMH.. AP Holders should have access to all three of these benefits that are currently only available to WDW Resort Guests..

Why? Regular tickets holders don't get those perks and they probably pay more per day than an AP holder. You only get those from an onsite stay.

For the same reason my wife remembers everything I've said in every argument we've ever had :)
I don't dispute people remember things. I do because I have an eye for detail and don't need to search out posts, but to actually admit you comb through posters history to somehow throw it back in their face is creepy and borders on stalking and harassment.

I don't dispute people remember things. I do because I have an eye for detail and don't need to search out posts, but to actually admit you comb through posters history to somehow throw it back in their face is creepy and borders on stalking and harassment.

I can agree with that.

And no one here said they were doing that so I hope that isn't your inference.

What's creepy is having someone create a fake ID with a parody of your name and then go around posting things that are taking things you've said and twisting them into ridiculous comments. That's creepy.

Last edited:

That isn't what the poster said, though. You are applying what you perceive without any regard to offered explanations.

I don't dispute people remember things. I do because I have an eye for detail and don't need to search out posts ...

Me too. And also, people who contradict themselves stand out in my mind.

I will say if a person ridicules others for either going back into posting history or simply REMEMBERING things that happened in the not so distant past*, it seems ... umm, surprising to then discuss what is in others' posting history. And color me surprised ... although at this point, I don't think I should be.

*edited to fix my mistake after people made fun of it

Last edited:
I think the scenario mentioned above regarding FPs across the board but onsite guests get an extra is an interesting take.

Right now I'm a bit sad because I need to coordinate FPs with a friend who is NOT staying with us but visiting for a day;her window won't open for another 2 weeks (and I'm really not sure if we can add her for a single day to our reservation...and if the extra fee will be worth it). The FP that the BF and I were able to book for 7DMT on that day no longer has openings during that time, so we'll have to redo that FP once my friend's 30 days hits. Hopefully there will still be slots. Hopefully my friend will have purchased her ticket and linked it to MDE by then as well!

Also, although I'm staying on site, I didn't get the 180+10 advantage for ADRs either because I booked a couple weeks past that. I didn't realize onsite guests got extra time - I actually started making reservations day by day at 180 days out before I even booked the trip to guarantee we'd have something during the general time frame we were going (we were contemplating 10 days of 3 overlapping weeks).

If you add her to your friends and family in my Disney experience, you may be able to just copy your fast passes to her. It was letting us do that last September for some family members who joined us last minute, even for full rides. Worth a shot, but then again, things were still pretty buggy with MDE and FP+ back then, so whenever we would ask the CM's, they would just give us whatever we wanted. Might be different now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter