Arby's employee refuses to serve uniformed police officer

tinatark

DIS Veteran
Wow... speechless!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...fuses--serve-florida-police-officer/71580310/

Update: Corporate issued apologies, the manager has been fired "as a manager" - , employee suspended - in an interview with the media, the cashier says he didn't "refuse" service, he was too busy and needed the manager to help him - it was just a joke the police officer took the wrong way... but when asked if he would like to meet with the officer to work it out - he said "there's no point in talking, I'm 19, she's an officer, and I'm colored"

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/09/02/pd-pines-officer-denied-service-at-arbys/

On the positive side, many restaurants have offered free meals to uniformed police officers.

No national boycott necessary of Arbys because not all Arby's are run by people with the same attitude. However, I will not take my business to that particular Arby's ever, especially after the employees comments about age and race.

Now I will say, I will shop at my local Starbucks all day long because they give all uniformed police officers free coffee.

Last edited:
People (including family of policemen) started protesting outside the Arby's, so Arby's called the police. oh the irony. The police showed up and began giving Slurpees to the protestors. BTW, the Arby's manager has since been fired, and the cashier suspended. http://wfts.tv/1IMGFoE

11921643_10156099598745691_3600061976868891008_n.png

When I worked at a sub shop we used to have police, EMTs, and firefighters stop often. They liked it becuase if they got a call while we were working on their food we would always hold it for them so it would be ready when the stopped back (then a few started calling and placing orders so they could just stop for it)

We did have to call them back once. The police coming in scared a few stoners in the corner into abandoning a huge back of pot in one of our booths. We had to call them to come get it.

My police offer husband rarely eats places in uniform unless he can see them prepare his food (subway, Jimmy John's, etc). He's been told the people in his area have been known to tamper with their food, and been caught doing it.

Sad world we live in when cops are made out to be the bad guys.

My police offer husband rarely eats places in uniform unless he can see them prepare his food (subway, Jimmy John's, etc). He's been told the people in his area have been known to tamper with their food, and been caught doing it.

Sad world we live in when cops are made out to be the bad guys.

Good grief! That's crazy! I'm so sorry!

Please tell your husband thank you for his service for me. In our family, police officers are some of our every day heroes.

Last line says it all and needless to say I am not surprised.

It was bound to happen. Prometheus has been unleashed. People seem to think they have a divine right to hassle people they don't like and refuse service without consequences. Blacks. Gays. Women. You name it. Whatever someone can find. And lately, they've been raking in the cash for their activities. One of em was bound to do it to a cop sooner or later.

And now the police union with a call to boycott every Arby's nationally over the actions of two idiots? Aren't they the ones telling us not to judge all cops by the actions of a few bad apples?

I don't know why everyone is surprised this started happening accross the nation last year after either the Michael Brown shooting or the GJ descion.

They don't serve them big ole pancakes like that lady in Maine, right? I gotta keep all my internet based anger organized. I wouldn't know what to be angry about if the internet didn't tell me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter