April no Buy - Lets get an early start

April

1-oil change for car, luckily no other repairs needed!
2-No Buy #1
3-Had to drive to work since I was going out of town and pay for parking downtown :(
4-No Buy #2
5-Gas and small groceries to tide me over for the week
6-Paid for my entry in our company's team in a 5K, they reimburse me for half of it, but it's still not regular spending
7-No Buy #3
8-No Buy #4

4/15 Days So Far

April 1 Lunch
2 almond butter
3 easter basket
4 camper summer storage
5 NO BUY!!!
6 No buy
7 cold meds, I have had enough already
8 no buy
I suspect I will have 4 days of buying, as my sick self took two vacation days to end my girl's spring break and I want to play!

3/15

April
1-No buy #1
2-Lunch with friend, bought lots of soda on sale, and some Easter candy.
3-Ordered a dress on sale.
4-Went to Chicago for the weekend, budgeted for and didn't over spend.
5-CHicago still.
6-$3.36 on a soda and chips for my lunch.
7-$2.37- its my week to buys sodas for my co-worker and I
8-$2.37-sodas, $9.82-clothes at the Goodwill, $15.07 on clearance Easter candy (for dd's b-day party), and $19.86 on dinner out

4/1 - No Buy #1
4/2 - No Buy #2
4/3 - Admission to the tulip fields and a Kombucha drink
4/4 - No Buy #3
4/5 - Meat and crackers at work and Cortizone creme when I suddenly broke out in a rash
4/6 - No Buy #4
4/7 - No Buy #5
4/8 - No Buy #6
4/9 - Salad makings

So far I am epically failing a No buy April. I've had to buy new tires, a new battery for my car, DH is going out of town so prep for that, and we got the RV out of storage so I'm having to replenish household supplies for that. On top of career day at school tomorrow. Why can't my kids be something simple? Why do they want to be paleontologists and forensic anthropologists?

My goal right now is to not spend any money next week while the kids are on vacation. I told them I would buy Subway once, with coupons and that's it. The rest of the week is using out of the pantry and fridge and hiking or trail running in town.

I hate it when the month starts that way -- I feel like I'll never recover!

April:
4/1: no buy #1
4/2: take out
4/3: haircuts, gas, warehouse club
4/4: last minute Easter groceries
4/5: no buy #2
4/6: groceries, field trip fees
4/7: no buy #3 (class for DS was canceled)
4/8: no buy #4
4/9: take out

4/10 no buy days
0/0 non-consumables

April

2-No Buy #1
3-Had to drive to work since I was going out of town and pay for parking downtown :(
4-No Buy #2
6-Paid for my entry in our company's team in a 5K, they reimburse me for half of it, but it's still not regular spending
7-No Buy #3
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5

5/15 Days So Far....starting to get back on track, I hope

April 1 Lunch
2 almond butter
3 easter basket
4 camper summer storage
5 NO BUY!!!
6 No buy
8 no buy
9 dinner out...Almost made it!

3/15

04/01- ate out for lunch and dinner
04/02- ate out for dinner
04/03- ate out lunch and dinner, grocery run, yard supplies at Lowes, fill up at gas station
04/04- ate out YET AGAIN for lunch and dinner, bought stuff at Target I didn't really need
04/05- ordered pizza for dinner
04/06- no buy #1
04/07- ordered stroller that I had been looking at for months ( it went on clearance)
04/08- no buy #2
04/09- bought an outfit for my daughter at Cato- $65 and a case of coke for me at Publix $5

I have a girl scout event tonight so the temptation to grab something from the drive through is calling me, but I will cook and we will suck it down real fast before we have to leave. I will have to buy some balloons for the event so lets see if I can go into the store and only get those.

April 1 Lunch
2 almond butter
3 easter basket
4 camper summer storage
5 NO BUY!!!
6 No buy
8 no buy
10 No buy
11 Groceries

4/15

4/1-No buy #1
4/2-No buy #2 (I needed some toiletries at CVS, but I had a 30% off coupon, and extra bucks, so it ended up not costing me anything...so I bought, but didn't spend!)
4/3-$15.95 on one of those Dunkin Donuts iced coffee cards...that price for 10 coffees is a really good deal, and I've made myself promise that once those 10 are gone, no more Dunkin stops for the month!
4/4-$40.15 on a dinner out with an old friend
4/5-No buy #3
4/6-$11.15 on lunch with another friend, took my dog to the vet for an injury
4/7-bought new running shoes, running is a huge part of my life and I'm very prone to injury from old/bad shoes so unfortunately this is a necessity
4/8-no buy #4
4/9-no buy #5
4/10-no buy #6
4/11-bought lunch at work, totally unnecessary...oops

No buys: 6/15
Having to be accountable in this thread has definitely helped talk me out of some small purchases!

April:
4/1: no buy #1
4/2: take out
4/3: haircuts, gas, warehouse club
4/4: last minute Easter groceries
4/5: no buy #2
4/6: groceries, field trip fees
4/7: no buy #3 (class for DS was canceled)
4/8: no buy #4
4/9: take out
4/10: no buy #5
4/11: errand day: DS12's new glasses were finally in, Easter clearance and school things from Joann's and Michael's, baseball cleats for DS9, warehouse club groceries, and shorts for DS (who has outgrown EVERY single pair from last summer!). This going-on-13 growing thing is expensive and I was expecting it but what I wasn't expecting was that it's really time consuming to keep buying him clothes every time I turn around!
4/12: taking my MIL out to brunch for her birthday, so I can call it early :)

5/10 no buy days
1/0 non-consumables (it was a really cute Easter decoration!)

April

2-No Buy #1
4-No Buy #2
7-No Buy #3
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-Parking downtown since I had to go out of town again
11-No Buy #6

6/15 Days So Far

chugging along

4/1- $25.91 Dinner out and $100.19 Walmart (grocery)
4/2- $0
4/3- $0
4/4- $112.15 Target (easter)
4/5- $0
4/6- $4.89 chick fil a and $57.40 Heinens (groceries)
4/7- $0
4/8- $0
4/9- $23.21 Dinner out, $34 Target pharmacy, and $81.88 Target
4/10- $0
4/11- $6.98 Giant Eagle and $4.89 Chick fil a

6/13 No buy days

Updated my post on page one. Had a big "no spend" victory yesterday when I skipped going to Costco (and talked DH out of stopping there on his way back home!).... so I didn't overspend, as I am apt to at Costco.... plus one of my favorite thrift stores is across the street and it would have been VERY, VERY tempting to stop. I went straight to the market, bought what I needed for the week and some sale items for the pantry and freezer, skipped the junk and extras (other than beer.... but it was on sale!!) and came straight home! Since groceries are a planned expense, I consider that a "no spend" day!..............P

Okay - I'm late but I'm in. This will be a tough month for us because of Easter....so we'll skip that and we have 'trips' to do that we gave our nieces for Christmas.
4/11 - groceries (only the exact items I needed to make soup for dinner - made 4 dinners worth)
4/12 - $33 for groceries (cat litter, fruit, some dinner and lunch stuff - nothing extra)
4/13-no buy
4/14-no buy
4/15- veggies and fruit about 20
4/16-no buy
4/17-no buy
4/18- taking niece 1 to NYC...so lunch and dinner out (oh so much money...)
4/19 - breakfast in NY (17 and and lunch on the way home $18)(
4/20-horseback riding lesson for niece 2 (55)
4/21-groceries and cold medicine (boo) 28
4/23-14 chicken and avacado
4-24-
4/25-apples, bannanas, tissues, lunch items (30)
4/26
4/27-soy sauce 4
4/28
4/29
4/30

Thanks for the inspiration!
Wow it's hard to look at just how much money I spend......

Last edited:
April
1-No buy #1
2-Lunch with friend, bought lots of soda on sale, and some Easter candy.
3-Ordered a dress on sale.
4-Went to Chicago for the weekend, budgeted for and didn't over spend.
5-CHicago still.
6-$3.36 on a soda and chips for my lunch.
7-$2.37- its my week to buys sodas for my co-worker and I
8-$2.37-sodas, $9.82-clothes at the Goodwill, $15.07 on clearance Easter candy (for dd's b-day party), and $19.86 on dinner out
9-$2.37 for sodas
10-$5 for dd to go to the talent show, dinner out for dh and I $31, $5 for dinner for dd, groceries at Sams
11-Groceries at Aldis and Walmart, stayed on budget except for food for dd's party, took dd and 8 friends out to a nice dinner, spent more on that then groceries for 2 weeks
12-Should have been a $0 day but found the Disney Alex and Ani wrap I had been wanting=budget blown

April 1 Lunch
2 almond butter
3 easter basket
4 camper summer storage
5 NO BUY!!!
6 No buy
8 no buy
10 No buy
11 Groceries
12 Ice cream on our first over 60 degree day since before thanksgiving. Happily spent! Also magazine subscription from Discountmags.

I am not going to make it!!!!

4/15

I had a very busy day. I went into work early on my day off to get ready for inventory, I then did some shopping at Kohl's, saw "The Longest Ride", had a late lunch with my aunts, and stopped at the grocery. My movie was free with a promotional deal and my aunts paid for lunch.

4/1- $25.91 Dinner out and $100.19 Walmart (grocery)
4/2- $0
4/3- $0
4/4- $112.15 Target (easter)
4/5- $0
4/6- $4.89 chick fil a and $57.40 Heinens (groceries)
4/7- $0
4/8- $0
4/9- $23.21 Dinner out, $34 Target pharmacy, and $81.88 Target
4/10- $0
4/11- $6.98 Giant Eagle and $4.89 Chick fil a
4/12- $65.12 Kohls and $30.67 Drugmart

6/13 No buy days

April

2-No Buy #1
4-No Buy #2
7-No Buy #3
8-No Buy #4
9-No Buy #5
10-Parking downtown since I had to go out of town again
11-No Buy #6
12-gas to get home plus groceries

6/15 Days So Far

I am home from vacation now so will be able to update more regularly. Also I will be making a bigger effort to keep spending down. But we have an expensive 2 months. My brother is getting married in May and the bachelor/bacherlorette (Do you have those in the US??) parties are in April

1 - spend, bought groceries for beach house and then bought an entire new ballet outfit for dd11 including shoes. Not strict strictly necessary but we do not have a ballet shop near our town.
2 - spend, groceries to take to brother in laws house
3 - groceries
4 - ice creams on the beach
5 - no buy #1
6 - spend
7 - went shopping with my mom and succumbed to a dress on sale at my favourite stores. And we went out for quite an expensive lunch.
8 - spend. But I only bought a loaf of home baked bread for our lunch So don't feel too bad.
9 - No Buy #2
10 - Spend, bought baby gifts for my niece who was born today!! My brother-in-law had to deliver her in his car as they never made it to hospital. They live on a farm 45 min away from the hospital. So exciting! Luckily baby and mom are doing very well.
11 - Spend. Drove almost 3 hours to visit with the new baby. So grateful we were still on holiday so were within driving distance so we could meet our niece.
12 - Spend, but only purchased bread and milk which I was quite proud of as we were on our road trip home. I made sandwiches with leftovers and we used the leftover drinks and snacks from the vacation. So still a victory for me

2/12 No Buy days

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter