April 29, 2012 4 night Bahamas Dream

I was going to take my daughter, who is 3 and will be 4 in May, but decided not to for many reasons. But when she was going to go, they said they would allow her to go in the nursery, if needed. She isn't potty trained and is a bit delayed. So, I don't think you will have a problem. I totally understand why you would be worried. My son is 5 and I am nervous about him being in the kids club, but we shall see. As far as the Aquaduck slide. I have no clue. I was selfish as well and decided to do the Dream because it is newer and has the slide :)
We have first seating. Good luck getting yours changed.

Our son is delayed as well. He's more on a 2 year old level with his speech and was delayed physically also. His delays aren't really apparent except his expressive speech. This is the reason I think we'll put him in the nursery if they will take him. We really only want to use it 1-2 hours a day for us to have an hour to ourselves and to be able to finish dinner without rushing. So, I don't think it will be a big problem either way. I just want to be able to feel secure the time that he is in there. I keep telling myself that this is Disney and hundreds of 3 year olds sail with them each day. I'm sure they know what they are doing. We'll see! Hope to see you on the ship!

Our son is delayed as well. He's more on a 2 year old level with his speech and was delayed physically also. His delays aren't really apparent except his expressive speech. This is the reason I think we'll put him in the nursery if they will take him. We really only want to use it 1-2 hours a day for us to have an hour to ourselves and to be able to finish dinner without rushing. So, I don't think it will be a big problem either way. I just want to be able to feel secure the time that he is in there. I keep telling myself that this is Disney and hundreds of 3 year olds sail with them each day. I'm sure they know what they are doing. We'll see! Hope to see you on the ship!

My daughter is almost 4 and is delayed almost two years. She doesn't verbally talk, but has ways of communicating her needs. She can walk, but she's extremely needy. If she was going to come, I would feel ok about taking her to the nursery for a few hours. But since it was just going to be me with two kids, I decided against bringing her until she's older and can enjoy it. While my son will most likely remember this trip for years down the road, she wouldn't because of her delayedness. Hope to see you guys as well :)

My family is going. This is our first Disney cruise and the first time sailing with our son. He's 3 (almost 4). We are very excited. I only have 2 worries. 1.) He's potty trained but I don't know how comfortable I am with him going to the kids club. I worry that there will be a lot of older and bigger kids. I have visions of him getting lost in the shuffle and maybe even being afraid. We are going to evaluate once we get on board. I've heard he can still go in the nursery since he is 3. 2.) I don't know how strict they are on enforcing the height requirement for the Aquaduck. My son is 39.5 inches. I think you have to be 42 inches to ride it. I think he'll be crushed that he can't ride. That is one reason we almost went on the Magic. However, I was selfish and wanted the newer ship.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or have any kids the same age.

9 days away!!!:cool1:

I'm hoping my twins (Who are 3) will enjoy the Oceaneers Club, but I have some of the same concerns that you do. I am also going to play it by ear and see what we (and they) think of it once we get there. We are traveling with my folks, who have volunteered to take the kids off our hands for a bit if we need a break in the event the club is a no-go. We already talked to the kiddos about the AquaDuck- they are both a touch under the height requirement, and we explained that to them, and told them there is a smaller slide they can go on this trip. They definitely "got it," but I have talked to them about this kind of thing before because we go to the parks so often.

We have 2nd seating dinner as well, our TA actually recommended it since the shows are a priority for us. She said feed them something before the show, then after the show they can go to the club while we eat or if they are wiped I will just take them back to the room for room service. I don't mind a bit doing that. I have the feeling that they will be running on adrenaline the whole time and will probably make it through dinner ok though.

We're in 7050 and 7048 I believe.

-Lindsay

Hi everyone

Its almost time for us to start our journey to Florida. We will be in Florida at this time next week :cool1:. Have a safe trip everyone:goodvibes!!

I still can believe we will will be on our 1st cruise next Sunday :banana:.

See you on the boat!!

Michelle

I am late to the party but wet are on this cruise also. My husband and I and our two boys (age 16 mos and 4 yrs). We have cruised once before when DS1 was 18 months. We are really excited but I feel so unprepared!

Wow it's really getting busy over here! Just one week to go.

My family is going. This is our first Disney cruise and the first time sailing with our son. He's 3 (almost 4). We are very excited. I only have 2 worries. 1.) He's potty trained but I don't know how comfortable I am with him going to the kids club. I worry that there will be a lot of older and bigger kids. I have visions of him getting lost in the shuffle and maybe even being afraid. We are going to evaluate once we get on board. I've heard he can still go in the nursery since he is 3. 2.) I don't know how strict they are on enforcing the height requirement for the Aquaduck. My son is 39.5 inches. I think you have to be 42 inches to ride it. I think he'll be crushed that he can't ride. That is one reason we almost went on the Magic. However, I was selfish and wanted the newer ship.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or have any kids the same age.

I haven't been on the Aquaduck but I've been on the one at Typhoon Lagoon that's the same style - and I'd say if he's under the height limit don't push it. I found that ride very aggressive - to the point I'm a little leery of the Aquaduck because of it. Just my opinion, but I would try to do like a previous poster and talk up the slide he can go on instead.

I was going back through the old threads and found this :)
So they must be in 6606.

Thanks Leilani! Sorry I haven't been around to post much and answer myself. We have a lot going on between my son's Baptism tomorrow, we leave for Florida on Monday (though we'll be spending a night at my parents and flying out early Tuesday), and then 2 days after we get back from the cruise I'm throwing the baby's first birthday party - so I'm trying to get as much set up for that now as I can. So yeah, I haven't been online much. But I'm so excited to see all the new people joining us! Hopefully I get to meet some of you on the cruise in person!

Hi everyone

Its almost time for us to start our journey to Florida. We will be in Florida at this time next week :cool1:. Have a safe trip everyone:goodvibes!!

I still can believe we will will be on our 1st cruise next Sunday :banana:.

See you on the boat!!

Michelle

This will be our first cruise too! wow time flies!
:scared1::woohoo:

This will be our first cruise too! wow time flies!
:scared1::woohoo:

Yay, only 7 days to go. We will be on our way to FL on friday. It is my sons first cruise and my first Disney cruise :) I haven't been on a cruise in 10 years, so I'm excited. Scared at the same time, because I'm doing this alone. The other times I was a child with my mom. :)

Hopefully we will get to meet some of you. I think that would be nice.

Watching the Dream back up to pull out now! Woo Hoo one week and that will be us! Love sail away days. :yay:

In other news our baptism and luncheon went lovely today so I have one more thing crossed off my list and less stress. Now to finish packing on just 4 hours of sleep without dosing off!

Safe travels to everyone this week! I look forward to meeting you all!

There is only one more chance for us to watch the Dream to leave port, then it is our turn!!

We are expecting 2-4" of SNOW :furious: tomorrow, makes this trip all the more sweet.

We are suppose to get snow as well here but Im sure it wont last very long! Jennifer and Logun fly down in 2 days! Wish I was going with them!They are at port orleans french quarter for the 4 nights before cruise, packing day today , then tommorrow we drive to simcoe to stay with my other daughter whom is on this trip as well with her family, Jennifer and Logun will travel along with them. Kids are all very excited especially Nicholas and Noah my 3 and 4 year old grandkids! All a first cruise except for Logun who has cruised with dh and I jan.2011. I am amazed at how much a little 4 year old remembers about prevoius trips, this is Nicholas s 4 trip to disney and he can recall so much about his vacations! I think he takes after his nana and is disney addicted!lol! Hopefully next year I will be taking him and Noah on the fantasy for their turn with nana!:cool1:

Hi everyone! I am packing and doing laundry today :laundy::laundy:...I have to work the rest of the week so I have to get done TODAY! :rolleyes:

Not sure when we will deliver our FE gifts but likely will be on day 2 or day 3.

We also will be at CIandS. You will recognize us by our siggie pic..please feel free to say hello if you see us! Looking forward to sailing with you :boat:...
Safe travels to all! :grouphug:
Liz

Everyone, safe travels :)
I will try to change my profile picture so you guys will see what I look like.
Please note, my daughter's name is on our FE (it's at the bottom), so just ignore it when placing gifts. I wanted to go ahead and add her for future trips. Yay! Can't wait.

So this is a little late and probably dumb question - BUT - what is an FE?

I have barely packed and I feel so overwhelmed. What I'm having trouble with the most is what to pack for the dinners. Also, my husband and I don't have reservations at Palo but would like to try to get them on the ship. We are also waiting to see how DS does in kid's club to know if we can take him while we go to Palo. So, I don't want to pack clothes for this but I guess I need to in case we get to go. Ugh!

Are any adults dressing up for the pirate night? I have a costume for DS but not for us adults. I thought I'd get an eye patch and that's about it. LOL.

I'm so ready to go!!

We are stopping in Valdosta GA on the way down Saturday for a few hours. We are also doing Disneyworld after the cruise. These 2 things are also throwing a wrench in my packing.

So stressed!!

an fe is a fish extender, it is a little fish type hook outside your cabin door it is used for mail kind of thing, here on the disboards they use it as a hook to hold a bag which is called a fish extender, other cruisers whom have joined up for it on the meets then put little gifts in the bags for you and your family . Like a secret santa , sort of. There is a thread on fe s here somewhere and pictures of other cruisers fe s, its alot of fun for little ones to come back to the cabin and find a little something left in the bag for them. We have joined up on our last 2 cruises and my daughter Jennifer and grandson Logun are doing it on this cruise, Logun has cruised before with us and had done the fe thing and didnt want to miss out on it for this cruise. Wish I was going with you all, but my cruise isnt until march break on the fantasy, although we may try and do a last min. cruise in august if we can get a deal! Have a blast on your cruise and post lots of pics when you all get back!:thumbsup2

forgot to mention , its a fish on the magic but not sure if it is the same on the dream, seems to me I have read it is something else, I could be wrong, havent sailed on the dream just the magic so cant say for sure but Im sure someonelse can reply to that.

So this is a little late and probably dumb question - BUT - what is an FE?

I have barely packed and I feel so overwhelmed. What I'm having trouble with the most is what to pack for the dinners. Also, my husband and I don't have reservations at Palo but would like to try to get them on the ship. We are also waiting to see how DS does in kid's club to know if we can take him while we go to Palo. So, I don't want to pack clothes for this but I guess I need to in case we get to go. Ugh!

Are any adults dressing up for the pirate night? I have a costume for DS but not for us adults. I thought I'd get an eye patch and that's about it. LOL.

I'm so ready to go!!

We are stopping in Valdosta GA on the way down Saturday for a few hours. We are also doing Disneyworld after the cruise. These 2 things are also throwing a wrench in my packing.

So stressed!!

I don't plan on dressing up for pirate night. I have a burgundy long dress that I will wear, but that's about it. My son has a Hook jacket and I may bring accessories, but I'm not going all out like some other individuals may. But we will be there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter