April 29, 2012 4 night Bahamas Dream

Hi Leilani,

I have participated in several FE exchanges and usually there is a gift for each person in the stateroom but it is a personal preference, whether it be a little gift for each person or a gift for each cabin to share.

Once you have your FE bag hanging up outside your door (put it out as soon as possible because from past experience I know there are early birds who start delivering right away ;) ) then others in our FE group will come around and drop the surprises off in your bag. Whenever you have time, go to each cabin on the list and make your deliveries.

I am not familiar with the DREAM so I plan on getting a map from guest services so I don't get lost! I think it will be a fun way to explore the ship and get familiar with the layout at the same time. :thumbsup2

Hope this helps :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info :)
I'm waiting to hear back from Sue to make sure it's ok that I join. It sounds like fun and I'd love for me and my son to join in!!!

Hi All, just wanted to add that for our group my dad Alfred usually goes by Al. Though no biggie if you alread used Alfred on anything. I just realized that as I was reading the names it sounded funny to me cause I'm not used to hearing his full name but I typed the full name cause that's what I had to use on all his documents.

I'm also up for a meet and greet but don't really know enough about the new ships to suggest and good meeting spot. Plus with this being Austin's first trip it's just so hard to predict how he'll take to things so we may end up with lots of unexpected and unplanned quiet time in the room if it's a bit much for him. So while I'd love to attend I don't think I could plan it for fear of having to bale at the last minute if he's just not having a good day.

I'm so excited I got the supplies to make fish extenders last week and hope to start on them sometime this weekend! Now I just have to figure out what to fill others FE's with - since I told my mom I'd help with theirs in addition to doing ours.

I've looked at the FE exchange topics and there are so many great ideas, but I don't think I have sufficient time to be creative as some of the other participants, since I just decided to join in, so I think it will be best just to wait until some other time. I don't want to be the one person who doesn't get as creative as others and just buys items to put together. I'm pretty crafty, but don't think I have enough time to be crafty since I'm in the process of moving, going to school, and parenting my own two children :/
It sounds fun, like secret santa fun, LOL. But I don't want to disappoint anyone, so I think I will pass this time. Thanks for all the input :)

Everything I have read you dont need to be super crafty. I am definately the farthest thing from crafty. I am going pretty simple but functional with my FE gifts. Its going to be alot of fun.

I wanted everyone to know that I would plan a meet and greet, but I have never been on a cruise, sorry.

If everyone is OK with be not being super crafty, but I can be very creative, I would love to still participate. I just don't want to upset anyone, if I don't put as much time into something as they did.

I can be creative in the little bit of time I have, but as far as crafty, I don't think I can pull it off. Once I hear back from Sue, I guess she will update the list, if I am able to join in, if everyone seems ok with me being creative :)

We are gonna do it!!!!
Once Sue confirms and adds us to the list I will start on my FE gifts. I'm so excited. I have ideas for the children, just have to figure out the adults.

Did anyone purchase a FE? If so, where did you buy it? There are a few on Etsy, but they are a bit more expensive that I was thinking. I can't seem to find any on E-bay.

Did anyone purchase a FE? If so, where did you buy it? There are a few on Etsy, but they are a bit more expensive that I was thinking. I can't seem to find any on E-bay.

I'm planning on having a friend make ours, if we are able to join in on the FE exchange. She quoted my $30. I saw the ones on Etsy too, and they were a bit pricey, but some were cute. If I don't get her to make it, I might try at it, but most likely I will have her create something for us.

I just want to confirm with Sue first that I can be part of the FE exchange :) then I'm going to talk to my friend on details of making ours. I don't know if I want to do a Mickey FE or something more creative with different characters :/

The Final list is:
Jerseygirl74 Michelle, Leo, and Samantha 5 room 7076
Linda, Joe, Isabella 5, Joey 1, Sophia 1 room 7102
CPprincess Christine, Erik, and Austin 1 room 6604
Al and Marianne
LexandMe/Sau418 Judy, Sue, Mary Beth room 7531
Deweysgirl Me - Liz, Dewey - DH, Tabetha - DD, Brianna - DD room 5156
BoundforDisney- Jennifer, Logun 7 no room # yet
Toodles Mouse- Nicole, Rob, Taylor 2, Kaylee 5, in laws room 5528
SallyinAtlanta- Sally (me), Ed (DH), and Henry (DS, age 3) in stateroom 6566
Peggy and Paul (my parents) in stateroom 5552
Kaismommie Leilani and Malakai, 5 stateroom 2520

Which totals 23 adults and 12 children

Just watched the beautiful dream sail away on a beautiful day. Can't wait to be the ones waving goodbye at the sailaway party! Just 6 more Sundays till it's our turn.

Just watched the beautiful dream sail away on a beautiful day. Can't wait to be the ones waving goodbye at the sailaway party! Just 6 more Sundays till it's our turn.

This will be mine and DD's first cruise. 6 more Sunday's? That's sooner than I thought!:scared1:

I love the sounds of 6 Sundays!! :cool1: I cant wait to walk on to the Dream and take it all in. Its our first cruise to:thumbsup2.

Do you guys carry your FE gifts On-board with you or send it in your luggage, and then wait for it to be delivered to your room? Thanks in advance.

My FE will be in my luggage :)

It just hit me today how much I have to do before we leave. Planning for me is the easy part it is the planning that needs done for the rest of the family that might kill me. :)

So looking forward to some relaxation and peace and quiet! 37 more days!!

Sounds good :)
Thanks! I have pretty much gotten the children FE gifts done. I just feel like I should add something else, just haven't figured out what. I'm going to start on the adult gifts tonight :) I'm excited.

I have a lot to do before the trip as well :/ It will be here before we know it. I'm trying to plan on how much money to bring for the Bahamas, for onboard credit, for our one day in FL before the trip. It's a lot to grasp, but it will be taken care of. Can't wait :cool1:

just checking in here, still no cabin number as of yet but soon hopefully! Starting on the fe gifts today with daughter Jennifer and grandson Logun, Jennifers computer has a virus so she hasnt been able to join up on the disboards so I will keep posting the info for her till the computer is up and running again. happy planning everyone!:cloud9:

Made my first FE gift on Saturday, turned out well. Now I just need time to put the rest together. Time is starting to pass faster as I am now getting things in place to be gone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter