April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

There was a post awhile back (sorry I can't remember by whom), about a "cabin crawl" or stateroom tour. I have never participated in one of these, but I do know how it was organized and managed and would be willing to organize/manage a stateroom tour if there is interest. Let me know if you are interested and if you would be willing to have your cabin toured. Hopefully we can obtain 1 cabin from each type/category.

:cool1: FE's are done, tagged, and ready to be packed! :cool1:

Wow that's impressive! I guess I'd better start planning our FE gifts. I was able to dig through stuff and found our FE from years ago, so that's progress. I can barely keep up with things that need to be done THIS week :rotfl2:

MousseauMob said:
There was a post awhile back (sorry I can't remember by whom), about a "cabin crawl" or stateroom tour. I have never participated in one of these, but I do know how it was organized and managed and would be willing to organize/manage a stateroom tour if there is interest. Let me know if you are interested and if you would be willing to have your cabin toured. Hopefully we can obtain 1 cabin from each type/category.

Wonderful! A few people on the facebook page want to participate. Noone offered to organize it and well...FE took alot of my time so I was hesitant to organize it!

MousseauMob said:
I have a question for txaggie94gigem. The original list had an Andrew15 counted in the children column, but now there is a Peggy in the adult count but no Andrew15. Is he not coming on the cruise? I just want to make sure I have my counts right as I'm giving individual gifts.

It's easier for my sister who is giving a single cabin gift! :)

Unfortunately Andrew's school moved testing to that week so he has to stay behind ( so party at my house while we are gone! Lol) so my mother in law jumped at the chance for a free cruise paid for by us!!!

This being our first cruise I'm trying to figure out about port parking. Anyone recommend where to park or a hotel that lets you park there while your cruising? Thanks so much

Carter0513 said:
This being our first cruise I'm trying to figure out about port parking. Anyone recommend where to park or a hotel that lets you park there while your cruising? Thanks so much

Hilton and holiday inn San Luis resort have parking....we stayed at Hilton last time and it was really nice...also heard hotel Galvez has it too but not sure

Unfortunately Andrew's school moved testing to that week so he has to stay behind ( so party at my house while we are gone! Lol) so my mother in law jumped at the chance for a free cruise paid for by us!!!
I would have jumped at that also! ;) I'll be including an FE for Andrew as well. Poor guy - testing yuck!

When we made our reservation at Hotel Galvez they said they have cruise parking, and it was ridiculously low priced in my opinion. If I recall correctly it was less than 20 bucks for the entire cruise.

We found the Baymont Inn, its under $65 per night, free parking throughout the cruise. There is no shuttle, but a taxi will run us around $20 with tip - so basically $105 for hotel the night before, transportation to & from the port & parking for our car.... couldn't beat it & had great reviews!

I posted the original link. I had just created a google doc for people to sign up. I've never participated before (this is my first DCL cruise), but I would be willing to have my room toured.

I have to post two more posts to be able to post the link to the Google Doc I created....

Here is a link to a google doc for cabin tours:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An85ywunrwjfdDBpd2dVV0kxVmVLWlFrWkpsOTYzQlE&usp=sharing

I'm not sure if I set it up correctly. Can someone check and see if it allows editing? Would you be interested in using something like this to help set up the tour?

Karen

I posted the original link. I had just created a google doc for people to sign up. I've never participated before (this is my first DCL cruise), but I would be willing to have my room toured.

I have to post two more posts to be able to post the link to the Google Doc I created....
Oh Karen, I'm really sorry, I'm not on Facebook and didn't realize you were already organizing this. I only offered if no one was working on it. Like I said I have no experience with it, I probably wouldn't have even done the google doc, so it's good you're taking care of it. :thumbsup2

If it helps, here's the text that the lady posted from my last cruise on how she ran it.

Stateroom Tour
Take a peek inside almost all categories of Disney Wonder staterooms courtesy of DISBoard hosts who will open up their home-away-from-home for you to see and compare to your own digs.

We will travel together as a group to each stateroom for viewing. Maps and directions will be provided at the meet location. Stateroom hosts will be at the front of the room view line in order of rooms to be seen. Thus, the 1st person to enter the 1st room to be seen will be the owner of the 2nd room to be seen and as soon as they are done seeing the 1st room, they will depart to open their room and wait for the rest of the group to arrive. They will follow the group to the 3rd room to be seen upon departure of the last person to view their room, etc.

Oh Karen, I'm really sorry, I'm not on Facebook and didn't realize you were already organizing this. I only offered if no one was working on it. Like I said I have no experience with it, I probably wouldn't have even done the google doc, so it's good you're taking care of it. :thumbsup2

If it helps, here's the text that the lady posted from my last cruise on how she ran it.

Stateroom Tour
Take a peek inside almost all categories of Disney Wonder staterooms courtesy of DISBoard hosts who will open up their home-away-from-home for you to see and compare to your own digs.

We will travel together as a group to each stateroom for viewing. Maps and directions will be provided at the meet location. Stateroom hosts will be at the front of the room view line in order of rooms to be seen. Thus, the 1st person to enter the 1st room to be seen will be the owner of the 2nd room to be seen and as soon as they are done seeing the 1st room, they will depart to open their room and wait for the rest of the group to arrive. They will follow the group to the 3rd room to be seen upon departure of the last person to view their room, etc.

Hey, don't be sorry! I wasn't really organizing it, I just wanted to get one started. Did you try the link for the Google Doc I posted? Did it work? I haven't posted the link to Facebook yet. I wanted to make sure everyone could edit the spreadsheet in case I need to ask for help on how to fix it so it works like our FE spreadsheet.

Do you want to collaborate? Several people on FB said they were interested.

For the sake of those who are new to FEs...what is the protocol for labeling the gifts? Do individuals normally wrap or just label (if it's a prepackaged gift)? On the label, we simply include: To (with cabin # and From (with cabin #), correct? Lastly, it's my understanding that everyone randomly picks a day to distribute their FE gifts. No scheduled time or delivery date, correct?

Thanks for your continued support.
Nana

nchurchill said:
For the sake of those who are new to FEs...what is the protocol for labeling the gifts? Do individuals normally wrap or just label (if it's a prepackaged gift)? On the label, we simply include: To (with cabin # and From (with cabin #), correct? Lastly, it's my understanding that everyone randomly picks a day to distribute their FE gifts. No scheduled time or delivery date, correct?

Thanks for your continued support.
Nana

Actually, ours was always a label and distribute as you wish.

ARGH! Just having to switch DS to a gluten free diet. Off to research where/what he can eat in the Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty comfortable with the whole vegan/dairy thing, but this is new to me.

I'm not sure if I set it up correctly. Can someone check and see if it allows editing? Would you be interested in using something like this to help set up the tour?

Seems to work:thumbsup2
Thanks for setting this up!

Hello everyone,
we just booked this cruise and i was wondering if we had a FE group for this and how can i join it? can anyone plz link me to it!
Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter