• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

This is my first Disney cruise, so I had never heard of the FE before. It looks like great fun, and I can't wait to get started on my FEs! I will get my DD to help if she's not too mad at me for going without her!

We will be in WDW on her 24th b-day (the 30th). She glared at me when she found out, and then said "Get me something from the park."

For those of you with younger kids who worry that they will outgrow Disney vacations, my DD and DS(19) still love going to WDW!

Oooooooh! I went supply shopping today for the FE!! I cannot wait to fill each family's pockets!

I have a teensy request for those in group 3. Please let me know what the last name is for the cabin. And, if you have a girl aged 3-12 I need their pants size. TIA.

Let the crafting commence!

Oooooooh! I went supply shopping today for the FE!! I cannot wait to fill each family's pockets!

I have a teensy request for those in group 3. Please let me know what the last name is for the cabin. And, if you have a girl aged 3-12 I need their pants size. TIA.

Let the crafting commence!

Cabin: 1034 (Last name is Churchill)
Girl pant sizes: Loring (size 4T if it runs big/5T if they run small)

Please go to the FE spreadsheet and type YES if you still plan to participate in the FE.

I am out of town with limited internet access until Tuesday.

Calendar
PiratesCalendar.jpg

I signed up to participate and this is our first Disney cruise! My friend told me that I would love the FE but didn't have time to explain on FB...could someone explain exactly how it works? I'm pretty crafty and can't wait to get started!!:cheer2:

MousseauMob, Your images look great! You probably have figured it out, but your calendar has Disney Wonder on it, not Magic.

MousseauMob, Your images look great! You probably have figured it out, but your calendar has Disney Wonder on it, not Magic.
D'oh! Thanks so much for the catch. In the turmoil of booking the Wonder for Alaska, I messed this up. Thanks again! I also think I want to change the verbiage on the World by way of Texas one. Plus, is it me or do they look a bit empty - do they need more? All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Has anyone ever heard of something called a "Cabin Crawl?" I was reading about it on Cruise Critic's web site. I know this might be hard for those traveling with young kids to manage, but is anyone interested in doing something like this?

I am in a 9B Deluxe Oceanview room, and I would be interested in seeing other cabins for reference for future cruises. I also posted this on our FB page. I tried to post the link to the article, but I am too much of a newbie to DISboards, and it won't let me post the link. :mad:

Here is the description from the article:
"If you’ve joined a Cruise Critic roll call (and if you haven’t, head over there to sign up for your next cruise), you’ve probably heard someone mention a “cabin crawl.” If you’re new to Cruise Critic, you might wonder what the heck that is.

The cabin crawl is exactly what the name implies: Cruisers who’ve met virtually get together during a sailing to “crawl” from one cabin category to another. It’s like a pub crawl, but occasionally with more drinking.

The basic concept works like this. The self-proclaimed organizer asks her fellow cruisers if they’d like to participate, then collects information on each person’s cabin number and category. She’ll accept invitations unique to each category and prepare a list of the cabins everyone will visit. (But don’t worry, if your cabin type is already represented, you can participate without being a host.) She might pass this to the group, or she might choose to keep it a surprise for the crawl.

Before the cruise, the group agrees on a day, time and place to meet up onboard. The crawl usually starts at the lowest-category room and winds its way up to the highest category, with appropriate oohs and ahs along the way.

Simple, sure, but it’s a surprisingly fun way to check out cabins you otherwise might not have seen, to mentally congratulate (or flog) yourself over your excellent (or disappointing) cabin pick. Ship geeks will revel in the chance to see a variety of cabins, while others might simply appreciate seeing a penthouse suite in person — if you’re lucky enough to have the penthouse cruisers on your crawl. Cruise line loyalists might add a certain category to their mental checklists for their future sailings. And maybe you’ll discover a secret gem of a cabin, the one-of-a-kind room you wish you knew about ahead of time."

In the above post it's called a "Cabin Crawl" because of the drinking involved. I wasn't interested in the "Crawling/drinking" idea, more of the meeting other DISers and checking out the different cabins.

We just got our cruise booked and I seriously cried tears of joy. None of us have been on a disney cruise or even disney world for that matter so I super excited. We havent told our kids yet...not sure when or how we want to surprise them. I signed up for the FE which I think is SO much fun and cant wait to do it. Will I get a email or do I need to print the list so far. Do you deliver your goodies on one day that has been selected for you? Just want to make sure I know everything we need to do!
Thanks so much,
Heather

Hi Heather! Have you told your kids yet or are you keeping it a surprise!?
Do you still plan on participating in the FE list? If so, head over to the spreadsheet and mark "yes" next to your name!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter