• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

Hi! Or should I say "Howdy!"

I booked my first ever Disney cruise on the Magic out of Galveston on April 26th (my birthday). :cool1: My husband and I are going alone, and my DD23 and DS19 are not happy that we are going without them!

I have a question: What is an FE?
Also, I tried to join the FB group, and it is closed.

Thanks!
Karen

Karen87 said:

I booked my first ever Disney cruise on the Magic out of Galveston on April 26th (my birthday). :cool1: My husband and I are going alone, and my DD23 and DS19 are not happy that we are going without them!

Thanks!
Karen

So glad I wasn't the only one that had no clue on that! LOL... Hope 2 C U on the ship! Our 1st Disney cruise 2, actually ever!

Karen87 said:

Thanks!
Karen

Send a request to join the facebook page. They will accept you :)

Can I get a quick synopsis of FE gift ideas? I want to make sure I am on the right track. I tried to join the FB group but my request still hasn't been approved. Thanks!

Texascruiser5 said:
Can I get a quick synopsis of FE gift ideas? I want to make sure I am on the right track. I tried to join the FB group but my request still hasn't been approved. Thanks!

Check out Pinterest!!

We've done for everyone, as not everyone travels with children. I'm kinda doubting the rum given out in our last FE was intended for the kids, but what do I know?

Thanks WoodlandsMom...you erased all doubts. As a newbee to the FE group...I want to do it right!!!

Now that I know the FE gifts include everyone in the cabin...our vote is definately for (4) smaller groups vs. (3) larger groups...that's less overwhelming for my daughter-in-law who may work full-time as a NICU nurse, but; as with many young families, she's on a budget with two small children (4 & 2).

P.S. I like the rum idea...you can get the mini bottles at Spec's...

nchurchill said:
Thanks WoodlandsMom...you erased all doubts. As a newbee to the FE group...I want to do it right!!!

Now that I know the FE gifts include everyone in the cabin...our vote is definately for (4) smaller groups vs. (3) larger groups...that's less overwhelming for my daughter-in-law who may work full-time as a NICU nurse, but; as with many young families, she's on a budget with two small children (4 & 2).

P.S. I like the rum idea...you can get the mini bottles at Spec's...

I always wondered about the legality of leaving alcohol down in public where kids can get at it (like, in an FE) but what do I know?

Here's the thread of the Homemade FE's. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639 BTW - if you're like me and get overwhelmed with how talented other people are, just keep in mind, there are lots of non-homemade items that are awesome and some of the handiest did not cost much.

Other things: Drink cozy, CD's, bracelets, hair clips, bookmarks, state related items (seasoning, key chain, candy, seeds, postcard, coin, etc.), note books, highlighters, pens, pencils, glow items for pirate night as well as other pirate night stuff - eye patch, plastic telescope, treasure map etc, pocket games, puzzles, wine glass charms, leis, beach safe/container, small tote bags, magnets, hand sanitizer, lip balm, sunscreen.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I hope this helps, and you really shouldn't tempt me to tell. I'm DYING to share what we're doing for FE's, but I want to keep it a secret. :hyper:

MousseauMob said:
Here's the thread of the Homemade FE's. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639 BTW - if you're like me and get overwhelmed with how talented other people are, just keep in mind, there are lots of non-homemade items that are awesome and some of the handiest did not cost much.

Other things: Drink cozy, CD's, bracelets, hair clips, bookmarks, state related items (seasoning, key chain, candy, seeds, postcard, coin, etc.), note books, highlighters, pens, pencils, glow items for pirate night as well as other pirate night stuff - eye patch, plastic telescope, treasure map etc, pocket games, puzzles, wine glass charms, leis, beach safe/container, small tote bags, magnets, hand sanitizer, lip balm, sunscreen.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I hope this helps, and you really shouldn't tempt me to tell. I'm DYING to share what we're doing for FE's, but I want to keep it a secret. :hyper:

FYI, each of the Galveston DCL cruises we've done so far were greater than 75% Texan.

We are also booked on the April sailing... myself, wife, 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. This is our 2nd Disney cruise and 5th cruise over all. I hate the waiting. :wave2:

Texascruiser5 said:

ideas...anything handmade: pic frame with a disney theme, autograph book, door magnet, candy bar wrapper w candy bar, etc. ...
we have received flip flops, beach buckets, disney pins, lanyards, alcohol, coloring books and crayons, candy, personalized mugs, bottlecap necklaces, tote bags, tshirts, recipes printed on mickey paper....etc!!

Google fish extender gifts. You will see alot of ideas!!

hope this helps

5thGenTexan said:
We are also booked on the April sailing... myself, wife, 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. This is our 2nd Disney cruise and 5th cruise over all. I hate the waiting. :wave2:

I agree...but for now the planning has kept me occupied! We will be driving from from Illinois down - the 3 of us (hubby 43 he's a police officer, me 40 just weeks before the cruise, an 12yr old daughter) 1st cruise ever!!! But sooo excited!

5thGenTexan said:

Welcome! We also have a 4 yr old girl!!

FYI, each of the Galveston DCL cruises we've done so far were greater than 75% Texan.

How many DCL cruises have you been on from Galveston and how many more do you have planned?! That's awesome you've been on several already, they've only been sailing from TX since last Fall :thumbsup2

It is wonderful not having to fly to a port, right? I wish DCL was staying longer. I hope they return in 2015!

I always wondered about the legality of leaving alcohol down in public where kids can get at it (like, in an FE) but what do I know?

I stand corrected. You have a valid point - I was thinking of my guilty pleasures, not the fact that many of our FE friends are (also) teenagers.

Thank you.

Just an fyi...I found a duplication on the FE spreadsheet...Andrea in cabin #5108 is listed in group 3, and again under group 4. One may be an update??

My apologies... as I was scanning over the other FE groups, I saw a notation (under group 1) noting that you can be on more than one list. I don't recall reading that when I originally signed up....sorry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter