• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

We just got our cruise booked and I seriously cried tears of joy. None of us have been on a disney cruise or even disney world for that matter so I super excited. We havent told our kids yet...not sure when or how we want to surprise them. I signed up for the FE which I think is SO much fun and cant wait to do it. Will I get a email or do I need to print the list so far. Do you deliver your goodies on one day that has been selected for you? Just want to make sure I know everything we need to do!
Thanks so much,
Heather

I cried when I booked it too. We have been to Disney World and Disney Land but never a cruise. :)

Hi All! I know I'm a little late to this rodeo but we are going on the Magic April 26 as well. We are so excited. We live in Frisco, north of Dallas, but I'm grew up near Friendswood so I am loving these cruises out of Galevston!! We went on the Magic in September and had so much fun. It is the BEST vacation with kids. We have 2 boys who are 4 and 2. One of my high school friends is going with his family and one of my neighbors with their kids. Can't wait!!

I'm a bit confused. Why is everyone concerned about arriving in Galveston so early in the morning? My past cruise experience has been that you are not able to board the ship before 11a. Passengars check-in and usually tour the ship, grab a bite to eat and then wait for the announcement before they can head to their cabins to unpack, normally by 2p. Is Disney different than other cruiselines? My family lives in Seabrook so we'll be dropped off...which will save us time (no parking req'd), however; if traffic in the area is an issue, once you cross the causeway, how much time are you allowing to get to the port?

Nana
Lots of us have to drive straight through downtown Houston, hence the early leaving and eating breakfast over on the island.

This is our very first cruise and we are super excited! Myself, DH and DD (turns 10 on the cruise), will be on Magic April 26. I added us to the FE list but not sure what else to do as far as the "meets" . Grateful for any info/advice. We are in League City right I between Houston and Galveston.

Hi Everybody!

Can't wait for this cruise! Any other adult only travelers on this cruise? This will be my second DCL visit on the Magic and traveling with a Disney friend. See you all real soon!

Laura

Hi everyone! We booked awhile back but just found this board a couple of days ago. I've been catching up on all the posts. This is our first Disney cruise. Hubby and I cruised about 10 years ago on Carnival but that's it. We are very excited. We have two boys ages 6 & 8 so I'm glad to see they will have some others their age. We were nervous about missing school but just couldn't pass up this itinerary. We will be driving from outside San Antonio that day (kids are going to school Friday morning til 9:30am for one less day absent). We may not make the 3:00 meeting as we booked a later port check in due to schedule but we will try.

Looking for advice on formal/semi-formal nights: What do your kids normally wear (I'm assuming they come to those dinners with us too)?

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

We just got our cruise booked and I seriously cried tears of joy. None of us have been on a disney cruise or even disney world for that matter so I super excited. We havent told our kids yet...not sure when or how we want to surprise them. I signed up for the FE which I think is SO much fun and cant wait to do it. Will I get a email or do I need to print the list so far. Do you deliver your goodies on one day that has been selected for you? Just want to make sure I know everything we need to do!
Thanks so much,
Heather

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!!!
Added you all to the Roll Call!
Basically, you can print off your groups FE list whenever it closes (I think we're doing groups of twenty rooms) and go from there. You can deliver on whichever day floats your boat, which allows for a fairly random distribution of FE gifts.
2 months 2 weeks 1 day until Sailaway!!!
:boat:

this is gonna be our first cruise and I just read something that people get early to the port for room upgrades? is it cheaper when you do it in port? what are the chances that they will have an upgrade available?

rakowitzfamily said:
Hi everyone! We booked awhile back but just found this board a couple of days ago. I've been catching up on all the posts. This is our first Disney cruise. Hubby and I cruised about 10 years ago on Carnival but that's it. We are very excited. We have two boys ages 6 & 8 so I'm glad to see they will have some others their age. We were nervous about missing school but just couldn't pass up this itinerary. We will be driving from outside San Antonio that day (kids are going to school Friday morning til 9:30am for one less day absent). We may not make the 3:00 meeting as we booked a later port check in due to schedule but we will try.

Looking for advice on formal/semi-formal nights: What do your kids normally wear (I'm assuming they come to those dinners with us too)?

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome! Have you joined the facebook page? Theres LOTS of great info and tips there!!

Where are you located? I have family that live in Bandera (an hour from San Antonio).

Yes your kids can go on semi/formal nights. My dd wore a dress from Cozamel on semi formal night last cruise and a pretty little dress on formal night.

Carter0513 said:
Thanks so much,
Heather

On the 23rd the FE list will be finalized. Then you can go in to print the list. Depending on how many more people join between now and the 22nd, the groups may change a little bit.

MousseauMob said:
Yeah, the rest of my supplies arrived so I can continue working on the FE's. :woohoo: Also my sister sent me a text that she has figured out what she is giving.

Lucky you! Im still waiting on my main supply! Getting impatient!! lol

WoodlandsMom said:
Welcome! Have you joined the facebook page? Theres LOTS of great info and tips there!!

Where are you located? I have family that live in Bandera (an hour from San Antonio).

Yes your kids can go on semi/formal nights. My dd wore a dress from Cozamel on semi formal night last cruise and a pretty little dress on formal night.

We are in La Vernia, southeast of San Antonio. Opposite direction from Bandera!! And thanks for the info on kids. We have two boys so I was thinking button down shirts and slacks, do you think they need a jacket?

We are in La Vernia, southeast of San Antonio. Opposite direction from Bandera!! And thanks for the info on kids. We have two boys so I was thinking button down shirts and slacks, do you think they need a jacket?

Definitely not for semi formal night and for formal ... I wouldnt make them wear a jacket if they dont want to. It REALLY does not matter, unless you want to get pictures taken with them in jackets.

Even on formal night, I have seen boys in jeans. If making them "dress up" is going to make them unhappy, then I say forget it! This is a DISNEY cruise, Mickey doesn't care what they wear! lol

juki said:
this is gonna be our first cruise and I just read something that people get early to the port for room upgrades? is it cheaper when you do it in port? what are the chances that they will have an upgrade available?

Yes it is much cheaper...they like to sell the more expensive rooms at a cheaper price, rather than let them sit empty. Not really sure what the chances are. My dh is interested in upgrading. Last he looked, there were 6 of those cabins still available. He will likely check again a day or so before the cruise to see if any of those rooms are still available...then its first come first serve on the ship.

We are on board too!!!

Me (39 yr old - actually turning 40 right before the cruise), my hubby (43) and our daughter (12ys old)
Our 1st cruise ever!!! Anyone else with a 12yr old (or close) daughter? She's nervous about the kids clubs, not knowing anyone...
Can't wait! Hope to run into some of you there!

WoodlandsMom said:
Yes it is much cheaper...they like to sell the more expensive rooms at a cheaper price, rather than let them sit empty. Not really sure what the chances are. My dh is interested in upgrading. Last he looked, there were 6 of those cabins still available. He will likely check again a day or so before the cruise to see if any of those rooms are still available...then its first come first serve on the ship.

that makes me kinda exited but since we are driving in from San Antonio we won't reach port till 11 or 12. where do I have to ask to see if a little miracle could still happen?

that makes me kinda exited but since we are driving in from San Antonio we won't reach port till 11 or 12. where do I have to ask to see if a little miracle could still happen?

We've checked in as early as possible and saw the "no upgrades" sign and we've checked in at 12:30 and upgraded to a 1 bedroom. It really just depends. Don't worry about it.:) Once you've checked in ask them about upgrade options and they'll send you over to the supervisors desk if there are any...

We are on board too!!!

Me (39 yr old - actually turning 40 right before the cruise), my hubby (43) and our daughter (12ys old)
Our 1st cruise ever!!! Anyone else with a 12yr old (or close) daughter? She's nervous about the kids clubs, not knowing anyone...
Can't wait! Hope to run into some of you there!

Welcome!!!! :cool1:

WoodlandsMom said:
Welcome!!!! :cool1:

Our daughter will turn 10 during the cruise. I'm sure she would love to hang with your DD. but mine won't be able to go to the same clubs as yours since she is 12.

lpenni10 said:
Our daughter will turn 10 during the cruise. I'm sure she would love to hang with your DD. but mine won't be able to go to the same clubs as yours since she is 12.

My dd favors older kids! We had a bad experience with the club last cruise so shes hesitant to go back. Plus she is having really bad separation anxiety these last few months...she cries everytime I drop her off at pre k. I hate it! So we plan to leave it up to her...if she doesnt want to go to the club she doesnt have to. That doesnt give dh and me any adult time...but its her vacation too...ya know.

Same here, with our daughter being an only child (even though she is 12) she doesn't want to do the clubs...right now anyways?!?

She has anxiety issues, so she would literally make herself sick!

We are from La Vernia! What part of San Antonio are you from?

You are in group 3. So give to everyone in your group (if not everyone...each cabin). Make sense?

I requested to be a member on FB, however; in the interim as I am putting together gifts for the FE...when you say "give to everyone in your group", are we to include adults or are the FE gifts for CHILDREN under 18 (only)? ]My understanding is that the FE gifts are for the children on the spreadship...please correct me if I'm wrong. Unless of course you chose to give a cabin gift for the entire family - that I understand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter