April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

We have just booked this cruise today yay, :thumbsup2 DH, myself and our 4 1/2 year old son. We love DCL, this will be our 7th Disney Cruise and first time sailing out of Texas. We are in Seattle so it's a bit closer than Florida to fly. If there is a FE I would like to join, they are so much fun especially for kids.

Christine

My dd will be 4 1/2 as well!!!! Hope they can play together! :banana:

Just booked!!! YAY!!! We have been thinking about it for months and finally decided to go for it. We are soooo excited. It's our first cruise ever, will be going with my DH and DS (7). Hoping to still be able to get in on the FE.

Just booked!!! YAY!!! We have been thinking about it for months and finally decided to go for it. We are soooo excited. It's our first cruise ever, will be going with my DH and DS (7). Hoping to still be able to get in on the FE.

So glad you're joining us!! Link for the FE is in my signature :)

I just posted this on our facebook page but wanted to post it here as well. How many people are only keeping up with the group here and not on the facebook page? If you do not want to join the facebook page please let us know so we can be sure to post here as well :)

I just wanted to say that the discussion on disboards about the lady that didn't want to participate in FE's because she gave "better gifts" than she received. I want to let those of you that are new to FE's that you should NOT stress over FE. It is fun! My suggestion is to figure out how much you want to spend ($50? $100? $150?) then figure out if you want to make items or buy them. I am not very crafty, so I usually purchase items. This cruise I will gift a gift to each adult in the cabin that is half handmade and half store bought. I will give children 12-16 a different gift (haven't figured out what I am going to do yet!), children 3-11 a different gift (this IS store bought. I already bought some of them...I think they are so cute and the kids will love them --my dd does!) and then the babies age newborn-2 a different gift.

I know that I will not please everyone, but I hope that most will see a gift in their FE and get excited! They will be able to take the gift home and use it/look at it/play with it and remember the fun of the cruise! That is the most important thing here.

So whether you give a mickey mouse tattoo (which my dd would LOVEEEEE!!!! and I would NEVER think "wow a 5 cent tattoo what a rip off! I would be so happy to see my dd so happy with something so simple!!) or you give a $1000 gift card (haha!) please just have fun!

We LOVE handing out the gifts! We usually deliver for about 3 days, after we have nap time or just some relaxation time. Sometimes if dd doesnt go to sleep early and has a ton of energy, we will go walk the halls and hand out gifts. Last time we did it 1 floor at a time and it was very easy (and fun because we saw other people delivering FEs too!)

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post!

I just posted this on our facebook page but wanted to post it here as well. How many people are only keeping up with the group here and not on the facebook page? If you do not want to join the facebook page please let us know so we can be sure to post here as well :)

I'm not on FB so I appreciate when info is posted here as well. Thanks!

Welcome to all! We have an awesome group of people in our grup! This is going to be a great cruise!:woohoo:

I just wanted to say that the discussion on disboards about the lady that didn't want to participate in FE's because she gave "better gifts" than she received. I want to let those of you that are new to FE's that you should NOT stress over FE. It is fun! My suggestion is to figure out how much you want to spend ($50? $100? $150?) then figure out if you want to make items or buy them. I am not very crafty, so I usually purchase items. This cruise I will gift a gift to each adult in the cabin that is half handmade and half store bought. I will give children 12-16 a different gift (haven't figured out what I am going to do yet!), children 3-11 a different gift (this IS store bought. I already bought some of them...I think they are so cute and the kids will love them --my dd does!) and then the babies age newborn-2 a different gift.

I know that I will not please everyone, but I hope that most will see a gift in their FE and get excited! They will be able to take the gift home and use it/look at it/play with it and remember the fun of the cruise! That is the most important thing here.

So whether you give a mickey mouse tattoo (which my dd would LOVEEEEE!!!! and I would NEVER think "wow a 5 cent tattoo what a rip off! I would be so happy to see my dd so happy with something so simple!!) or you give a $1000 gift card (haha!) please just have fun!

We LOVE handing out the gifts! We usually deliver for about 3 days, after we have nap time or just some relaxation time. Sometimes if dd doesnt go to sleep early and has a ton of energy, we will go walk the halls and hand out gifts. Last time we did it 1 floor at a time and it was very easy (and fun because we saw other people delivering FEs too!)

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post!
I'm not on facebook. So I really appreciate being kept in the loop, thank you!

I think you did a wonderful job explaining how FE's are supposed to be a fun little suprise. It does not need to be expensive, and we have appreciated everything we have ever gotten, no matter what it was. We've had homemade bookmarks, homemade magnets, the kids love the tattoos. I've even gotten a little popcicle stick frame some child had decorated with stickers and drawings that was so adorable and special because some child worked on it in happy anticipation of giving it.

It's the joy of the little suprise going back to the room, more than the item itself that is so fun. That and delivering stealth ninja style trying to not be "caught" :tiptoe:. Which we have never accomplished. :scared1: We've been caught at least once every cruise. So to everyone stessing - :hug: Do what you feel comfortable with.

I'm not on facebook. So I really appreciate being kept in the loop, thank you!

I think you did a wonderful job explaining how FE's are supposed to be a fun little suprise. It does not need to be expensive, and we have appreciated everything we have ever gotten, no matter what it was. We've had homemade bookmarks, homemade magnets, the kids love the tattoos. I've even gotten a little popcicle stick frame some child had decorated with stickers and drawings that was so adorable and special because some child worked on it in happy anticipation of giving it.

It's the joy of the little suprise going back to the room, more than the item itself that is so fun. That and delivering stealth ninja style trying to not be "caught" :tiptoe:. Which we have never accomplished. :scared1: We've been caught at least once every cruise. So to everyone stessing - :hug: Do what you feel comfortable with.

LOL this post made me laugh! I LOVE that a child made you a popcicle stick frame. That is just way too adorable!!!

On facebook -

Sheila Mundy asked
Anybody into trading Disney pins? I have bought the girls some to start with and am looking forward to trying it out.

If you are interested I will let her know to check here!

Hi! I wanted to hopefully save a few people some time and list the age groups and numbers associated for the male and female children in the FE Group 2. I don't even know if I'll split them up yet or if these will be the age groups I settle on but it seemed like a decent start.

Female Children Age Groups
Age 0 to 1: 1
Age 2 to 3: 1
Age 4 to 6: 5
Age 7 to 10: 7
Age 11 to 14: 3
Age 15 to 18: 1

Male Children Age Groups
Age 0 to 1: 3 (Jacob (almost 2) is listed in this group)
Age 2 to 3: 3 (Rhys is listed as 3 but is either turning 3 or turning 4…I couldn’t tell)
Age 4 to 6: 5
Age 7 to 10: 7
Age 11 to 14: 2
Age 15 to 18: 1

All other birthdays look to keep kids in the same group as before but please let me know if you see something I missed. I’m excited to see so many birthdays and an anniversary, I hope I can come up with something special.

Thanks all!

TraceyGrenier2

The FE says only 1 adult and no children. Please verify that this is correct and not an error in the spreadsheet :)

Lori Ketcherside wrote on the facebook page:

Disney Magic April 26, 2013
April 26-Embarkation
April 27-Sea Day
April 28-Sea Day
April 29-Castaway Cay
April 30-WDW Day
May 1-Sea Day
May 2-Key West
May 3-Sea Day
May 4-Star Wars Day! And Sadly, Disembarkation.

TraceyGrenier2 has two rooms
Donna aka grandma in one
Dave and I and the kids 8(DD) and 11 (DS) in a second room
Both room numbers are on the FE spreadsheet with our info.
Thanks,
Tracey

TraceyGrenier2 said:
TraceyGrenier2 has two rooms
Donna aka grandma in one
Dave and I and the kids 8(DD) and 11 (DS) in a second room
Both room numbers are on the FE spreadsheet with our info.
Thanks,
Tracey

Funny story. My wife and I were on a 7 day Carribean cruise from Canaveral. The first day, we were on our verandah and a nice woman in the room next to us was out on hers. We exchange cordials and she asked how old our kid s were (mining to see if she would be kept awake by a screaming baby). We told her we didn't have any kids. She asked why we were on a Disney cruise, saying she is only there to be with her children and grandchildren. I said, ask me again at the end of the cruise and see if you can answer it yourself. Well the sweet grandmother told me 3 days later that she got it. She said DCL was much better than the other cruise lines she had been on. Even lit up talking about the family friendly BINGO.

Hello all, I just spent an hour getting caught up on the Forums. We have just booked this cruise, it will be out first. It will be me, my DW, and our 2 DS (8 and 9). We went to WDW last year for the first time. So this will be another Disney first for us.

We would like to partiicpat in the FE, I could not access the sheet previously, but I will try again.

Edit I was able to access the list and added our family to the end of GRP 2. I see now that I have messed it up though as it looks like I added it to the totals line.

When I click on the link for the FB page, I recieve a message of page not found.

Thanks

Hello all, I just spent an hour getting caught up on the Forums. We have just booked this cruise, it will be out first. It will be me, my DW, and our 2 DS (8 and 9). We went to WDW last year for the first time. So this will be another Disney first for us.

We would like to partiicpat in the FE, I could not access the sheet previously, but I will try again.

Edit I was able to access the list and added our family to the end of GRP 2. I see now that I have messed it up though as it looks like I added it to the totals line.

When I click on the link for the FB page, I recieve a message of page not found.

Thanks

Welcome! I fixed the FE and put you on the 3rd FE list. We still have 1 month for people to join the FE. If it the 3rd FE doesn't fill, we will distribute the cabins on the 3rd FE among the other groups. :)

We would like to participate in the FE, I could not access the sheet previously, but I will try again.

When I click on the link for the FB page, I receive a message of page not found.

Thanks

Woot woot! These are my sweet friends. I am so excited they could change their sailing date to be with us!:cool1:

Funny story. My wife and I were on a 7 day Carribean cruise from Canaveral. The first day, we were on our verandah and a nice woman in the room next to us was out on hers. We exchange cordials and she asked how old our kid s were (mining to see if she would be kept awake by a screaming baby). We told her we didn't have any kids. She asked why we were on a Disney cruise, saying she is only there to be with her children and grandchildren. I said, ask me again at the end of the cruise and see if you can answer it yourself. Well the sweet grandmother told me 3 days later that she got it. She said DCL was much better than the other cruise lines she had been on. Even lit up talking about the family friendly BINGO.

I would definitely go on a Disney cruise even without children!!! There is so much to do for adults and it's a peaceful - family friendly atmosphere!!! Oh and the food is to die for!!!
(Plus you can bring your own alcohol - something most other cruise lines dont allow!

Hey everyone!!
I added 2 columns to the FE spreadsheet - # of adult males and # of adult females. Some of us have names that could be either male or female and unless you specified "DH" or "DW" Im afraid someone may get a bit confused when preparing a gift (some like to give different gifts for males/females).
So when you get a minute, please head over to the FE spreadsheet and double check for any mistakes I may have made!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter