April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

We just booked this cruise last night, we were on a 5 day out of Miami 4/13 and then when I saw kids sail for free and 3 more nights, we decided to change plans a bit, plus with the other cruise being on vacation week, airfare was off the charts.

We have cabins 7040 and 7042, there are 8 of us sailing, myself, my wife, my 4 kids, my sister and a very close family friend. We are super excited to be back on the magic, hoping we can get our server from 4 cruises ago, we have kept in touch, but hoping she is on the boat when we cruise

Still working out some of the finer details about when will we be flying into HOU and if we will be taking disney transportation to the port.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone over the next few months. It will be here before we all know it.

Shawn and crew

:welcome: to everyone joining the cruise!

Starting to think about FE's! :cool1:

Last night was a late one but I stayed up to do our bookings. Got cabana #3 on the family beach....anyone have the one next to us?
We're not next to you, but we're not far, we have #6.:wave2: Looks like only #8 is left available.

We also want to do a Palo brunch but I want to make sure that it does not interfere with the Character breakfast. I am assuming that until you get on board you will not know when that will occur?

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!
D'oh I spaced timing around Character Breakfast. I remembered to schedule around Animator's, and Pirate Night, but forgot Character Breakfast, oh well, if we have a problem, I'll just try to reschedule.

:welcome: to everyone joining the cruise!

Starting to think about FE's! :cool1:

We're not next to you, but we're not far, we have #6.:wave2: Looks like only #8 is left available.

D'oh I spaced timing around Character Breakfast. I remembered to schedule around Animator's, and Pirate Night, but forgot Character Breakfast, oh well, if we have a problem, I'll just try to reschedule.

We are number 7, still not sure if we are going to keep it, my wife thinks we don't need it, but since we really are not doing excursions, I am thinking we will keep it and it is something I have wanted to try. We will see.

Hi! Brand new to this board, but wanted to join in on the fun!! My husband and I are seasoned cruisers and my boys (3&7 by the time we sail) cruised last year on Carnival. This is our 1st Disney cruise and I may be more excited than the boys!! Just to make sure, everyone on this board is doing the 8 nt Bahamian cruise out of TX....stops in Key West, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral?? Just want to make sure I'm in the right spot - newbie here!!

Interested in the FE too, but am a bit unclear on the protocol :goodvibes

If someone would be so kind to confirm I'm in the right place and where to get started, I'd be so grateful! :worship:

Thanks!!
Jenn

Hi! Brand new to this board, but wanted to join in on the fun!! My husband and I are seasoned cruisers and my boys (3&7 by the time we sail) cruised last year on Carnival. This is our 1st Disney cruise and I may be more excited than the boys!! Just to make sure, everyone on this board is doing the 8 nt Bahamian cruise out of TX....stops in Key West, Castaway Cay, Port Canaveral?? Just want to make sure I'm in the right spot - newbie here!!

Interested in the FE too, but am a bit unclear on the protocol :goodvibes

If someone would be so kind to confirm I'm in the right place and where to get started, I'd be so grateful! :worship:

Thanks!!
Jenn

You are in the right spot, welcome.

Smbertram said:
We are number 7, still not sure if we are going to keep it, my wife thinks we don't need it, but since we really are not doing excursions, I am thinking we will keep it and it is something I have wanted to try. We will see.

We have never done it but having a six-month old with us this time is giving me the excuse. The only other activity I think we will do on Castaway is the 5k. I did it last time and Ashley wants to do it this time. Only so many time you can snorkel out to the 20k leagues under the sea submarine. Looking forward to relaxing.

Last night was a late one but I stayed up to do our bookings. Got cabana #3 on the family beach....anyone have the one next to us?

Also doing Palo brunch on day 2. I decided I like Palo brunch better than dinner now that they only serve the pizza at brunch.

Booked the 18 hours of the nursery they let you and am on the 7:45 am bus the the MK.

Other than that we plan on relaxing.

Frank

How did you book your bus to MK?......nevermind, just figured it out, thank you for posting that you booked your transportation to park, i would have never have thought to do that.

Since I have not yet been approved for the facebook page, let me ask you this, so the day we head to WDW, I just booked the 7:15 bus. Is our pass a park hopper? How will transportation work back to ship? Can we take transportation back from another park if we decide to hop to another park? I have been trying to read the back pages since I join the group, this may have already been covered.

Thanks

Shawn

How much does a cabana cost? We were really interested, but I was putting off the final payment just to spread them out a bit. I am wondering if I should just pay for it, and get to reserving our extras?!?! Any advice?

When you do the FE, do you usually do a gift every day for each person on your list, or just one or two for the week? We'd love to do this, but I am trying to decide if i can get it all done. This group seems to be getting big. Were we thinking of splitting the list up into more than one?

I requested to join the facebook group. I am not sure if it is screened, but I wanted to let you know my name is Melany.

Thanks!

When you do the FE, do you usually do a gift every day for each person on your list, or just one or two for the week? We'd love to do this, but I am trying to decide if i can get it all done. This group seems to be getting big. Were we thinking of splitting the list up into more than one?

You give one gift for each person on your list. You can give it at any time during the cruise. It is not one gift a day, its just one gift period.
I think they will be splitting up the FE list, depending on how many people sign up. :cheer2:

How much does a cabana cost? We were really interested, but I was putting off the final payment just to spread them out a bit. I am wondering if I should just pay for it, and get to reserving our extras?!?! Any advice?

The family cabanas are $500. I think there is only 1 remaining though.

Smbertram said:
Since I have not yet been approved for the facebook page, let me ask you this, so the day we head to WDW, I just booked the 7:15 bus. Is our pass a park hopper? How will transportation work back to ship? Can we take transportation back from another park if we decide to hop to another park? I have been trying to read the back pages since I join the group, this may have already been covered.

Thanks

Shawn

Yes it is a park hopper ticket. They have busses that depart when full or another one is ready from what I understand.

Hi - could someone share the name of the FB page or the link please? Would love to join and get up to speed! Thanks!!

Hi - could someone share the name of the FB page or the link please? Would love to join and get up to speed! Thanks!!

Apparently, I can not post links until I have made 10 posts. However, I found a mention of the link on post 176 on page 12.

Smbertram said:

Thanks

Shawn

The return buses leave from each park starting at 3 PM. From what I was told from a friend who did this in 2012, you just get on the next bus and it leaves when full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter