April 26, 2013 8 night Magic out of Galveston

Thanks for all the helps you two! Y'all are really spearheading our cruise meet!!! And we had a BALL with our FE's last go round, 23 cabins I think! Once we decide whether we're definite, this chik's gonna just jump on in!!!Thanks again!:thumbsup2

My suggestion is that we should plan on cutting the list off at 25 or less = If more come on we can set up two groups. For packing and the delivery it's to many to go above 25 cabins. We actually choose not to do the FE on the Dream it had 45 cabins and on a three day cruise that to much. :worship:

On our New York trip we also had a Facebook group. It would be nice for one so that a couple of meet and greets would be fun. It would be neat to have one in the beginning and one towards the end to Thank everyone for the great gifts in person and not on a thread.

My suggestion is that we should plan on cutting the list off at 25 or less = If more come on we can set up two groups. For packing and the delivery it's to many to go above 25 cabins. We actually choose not to do the FE on the Dream it had 45 cabins and on a three day cruise that to much. :worship:

On our New York trip we also had a Facebook group. It would be nice for one so that a couple of meet and greets would be fun. It would be neat to have one in the beginning and one towards the end to Thank everyone for the great gifts in person and not on a thread.

:thumbsup2 I definitely agree on the cut-off! We had 23 cabins last October, and it took me 2 days to divvy out my gifts.

And I like a facebook group too. The only thing I would request, is that many don't have FB pages, so if any pertinent info is put on there, the same person posts on Dis so that people are in the know. We didn't have any problems our last cruise, as we discussed most of the meeting times, info, cut-offs on here and just got to know everyone on the FB page. Loved it!:love: And haven't heard of another group to 'thank' folks, we just came back here and thanked everyone, but if that's what y'all want to do, that's fine by me. Thanks again! :)

Yes, totally agree we need to post Meet and Greets or any other info on FB and DIS pages. Would never want to leave anyone out! We did the same on our NY cruise too. FB was nice just to see the faces. I am on DIS as often as FB. I like the cutoff at 25. We had 20 (cabins) last cruise and it seemed like a lot. I can't believe that you guys have already got us started.... Thanks again!!!

ONLY 9 MONTHS TO GO!!!!!

Just thought I'd give a shout out...Whooo Hoooo!:yay::yay::yay:

Ok, I set up a FB Page - All you have to do is go to FB and ask to join or send me you name and I will add you... the page is Disney Magic - April 26, 2013.

We can all put info out there and be sure share on DIS boards too.

Thanks - Trace (traceygreneir2@gmail.com)

So looking forward to a great time and meeting new friends!

Ok, I set up a FB Page - All you have to do is go to FB and ask to join or send me you name and I will add you... the page is Disney Magic - April 26, 2013.

We can all put info out there and be sure share on DIS boards too.

Thanks - Trace (traceygreneir2@gmail.com)

So looking forward to a great time and meeting new friends!

Trace,
Sent you a pm. Also tried the FB page...it's not coming up. Looking forward to meeting y'all!

:wave: Good morning everyone! First off, TraceyGrenier2 started a FB page. A great way to meet one another, and if important or any other info is put on there, we'll be sure to post on here!

Thinking about excursions already, and a friend passed this info to me about Key West, so thought I'd pass this along to you. He said
the Trolley Tour is a great way to see the island w/o walking. You see the southernmost point, Sloppy Joes, and other stops. Here's the link in case some of you are interested!

http://www.trolleytours.com/key-west/index.asp

Hope this helps.....It'll be here before you know it!:dance3:

I just received the following:

We just received notification from Disney Cruise Line that the itinerary for your April 26, 2013, 8-night cruise has been changed. Here is the new itinerary for that sail date:

Friday - Galveston

Saturday - Day at Sea

Sunday - Day at Sea

Monday - Disney's Castaway Cay

Tuesday - Port Canaveral

Wednesday - Day at Sea

Thursday - Key West

Friday - Day at Sea

Saturday - Galveston

You will receive one-day Park Hopper passes and transportation to Walt Disney World on the day you visit Port Canaveral.

I just received the following:

We just received notification from Disney Cruise Line that the itinerary for your April 26, 2013, 8-night cruise has been changed. Here is the new itinerary for that sail date:

Friday - Galveston

Saturday - Day at Sea

Sunday - Day at Sea

Monday - Disney's Castaway Cay

Tuesday - Port Canaveral

Wednesday - Day at Sea

Thursday - Key West

Friday - Day at Sea

Saturday - Galveston

You will receive one-day Park Hopper passes and transportation to Walt Disney World on the day you visit Port Canaveral.

Yep! We did too! Dh and dd are not sure they want to do this itinerary, while I on the other hand, don't mind it at all. I Will say after all these years on the Disboards, I was surprised they changed the whole cruise. What about y'all?

I've just jumped ship, well, actually just the date, from the Magic May 4, 2013 to this sailing since I've heard about the new itinerary!
Can't miss WDW by a week can I?
I've never taken the kids on a cruise before, but we'd booked two (one this year over Thanksgiving on the Magic, and the next May one) and am hoping I'll be able to surprise them with there first taste of the Magic Kingdom as well by scooting over to y'alls cruise!

not that I'm excited or anything.
:goodvibes
Anyway, all four of us will be going and I guess I'll go try to join the group on FB.

I've just jumped ship, well, actually just the date, from the Magic May 4, 2013 to this sailing since I've heard about the new itinerary!
Can't miss WDW by a week can I?
I've never taken the kids on a cruise before, but we'd booked two (one this year over Thanksgiving on the Magic, and the next May one) and am hoping I'll be able to surprise them with there first taste of the Magic Kingdom as well by scooting over to y'alls cruise!

not that I'm excited or anything.
:goodvibes
Anyway, all four of us will be going and I guess I'll go try to join the group on FB.

:welcome:
Haven't heard from the other families whether they are keeping this cruise or not. Could be interesting. If I can talk my dh and dd into it, we're keeping it. I was tired this year after hitting the parks so hard, however, the thought of parkhopping and hitting what we want for a day is tempting! And I've never been to Key West, and love, love, love CC. Dh says it's my call, so as of now, we're here!

You will love the Magic! I know we did! Only took our first cruise last year on it, and fell in love with it!

:welcome:
Haven't heard from the other families whether they are keeping this cruise or not. Could be interesting. If I can talk my dh and dd into it, we're keeping it. I was tired this year after hitting the parks so hard, however, the thought of parkhopping and hitting what we want for a day is tempting! And I've never been to Key West, and love, love, love CC. Dh says it's my call, so as of now, we're here!

You will love the Magic! I know we did! Only took our first cruise last year on it, and fell in love with it!

We've been on the Wonder for a three day away from the kids (I know, leaving the kids behind!:eek:) and since we loved her, we're sure we'll love the Magic!
The first cruise we're taking with the kids is over Thanksgiving on the Magic (as we said on those post cruise surveys, if they get rid of airfare by going out of Galveston, we can afford it. Four airline tickets is just too steep.) But we're trying to not tell them about getting to go to Disney until the last possible second. I'm guessing when we're on our way to port or when we board or something I'll come up with a puzzle scavenger for them to find out that Mickey's decided to take the boat to WDW and CC. or Something. I did a ton of DISign work until I got kinda overwhelmed between the demands of my preschoolers and DH travelling more for work. Something creative and fun, anyways.

Sigh. I understand wanting what you've paid for. If they really want the same Western itinerary, the 7 nights this fall hit all the same ports, you lose one sea day.

Last I checked early November was reasonably priced.

The first cruise we're taking with the kids is over Thanksgiving on the Magic (as we said on those post cruise surveys, if they get rid of airfare by going out of Galveston, we can afford it. Four airline tickets is just too steep.) But we're trying to not tell them about getting to go to Disney until the last possible second. I'm guessing when we're on our way to port or when we board or something I'll come up with a puzzle scavenger for them to find out that Mickey's decided to take the boat to WDW and CC. or Something. I did a ton of DISign work until I got kinda overwhelmed between the demands of my preschoolers and DH travelling more for work. Something creative and fun, anyways.

:lovestruc Love surprises! We actually surprised our 12dd in 2010 with a trip to WDW on the way to the airport. She was shocked! Priceless memory to be sure.

And that's why we booked this cruise out of Galveston, not nearly as far as PC for us, so we can drive it. I hope all works out for this cruise for everyone. I'm not disappointed but 2 of mine are. But time and the reality of getting to cruise again, I think, will outweigh cancelling and NOT cruising!:goodvibes

Sorry to be out of the loop we are on vacation in San Antonio this week. Thanks for the heads up on FB Madalyn. We were shocked at first about the change. But so excited, we love Castaway and of course WDW. Yes, we are still on this sailing!!

Let's see...5 whole families on here? Or have I missed someone? Whoo Hooo!:banana:

And I added you to page 2 Cruisecrasher! If you want to join the FE googlesheet, believe it's on page 3.

Wow!!! So sorry been out of town and just checked in to see the change. We have not received anything yet from Disney. Right now we are still in so I am staying on the google page for the FE List.

If anyone needs to make any updates -:thumbsup2 here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HRnNlYwbXphREE

:) Thanks again for setting this up! For ease for first timers, I added your link to PAGE 2, POST 30, to make more of a 'home' page for members and FE join-up. So, if y'all see someone join, you can point them to your link or page 2. Sent you a pm this morning.

Hope everyone has a great morning! I'm excited to see what the day holds!:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter