April 22, 2016 Disney Dream cruise meet

I don't think I'm interested in doing fish extender. Thanks for offering though!

So who wants to do Fish Extender?!?!?!

It's my first DCL cruise, but if you will all bear with me, I would be happy to organize it.

Here is what I propose (from my understanding), but DCL veterans, please feel free to correct/suggest differently:

-Everyone can give what they want, whether it is one gift per person, one gift per cabin, etc.

-Our cut-off date to sign up to participate will be one month before the cruise, on 3/22.

-I will collect information from all participants via private message/conversation and assemble it all into a spreadsheet. I will send the spreadsheet to all participants via private Disboard conversation right after the cut-off date (I will also occasionally post updates here w/the number of adult/children participants).

-Information you need to send me to participate:
  • Disboard name
  • Cabin number
  • Info for each occupant - First name or initial, gender, age/age group, and favorite character (Ex. John/Male/Adult/Goofy or J./Female/8 years old/Cinderella)
How does that sound to everyone?

Also, do we want it so you can deliver your gifts on any day - or should I assign days (Fri., Sat. or Sun.) to people to guarantee gifts each day?
This is our first Disney Cruise and I had no idea about the FE Exchange and am very excited. My hubs and I are both in the military and taking our two girls on their first Disney Cruise! I would love to join in the group!

I will collect information from all participants via private message/conversation and assemble it all into a spreadsheet. I will send the spreadsheet to all participants via private Disboard conversation right after the cut-off date (I will also occasionally post updates here w/the number of adult/children participants).
I do have one comment about this. Anyone wishing to participate in private conversations must have 10 posts to do so. We do have a Test board where people can go to up their post count: http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

We have received no feedback on interest for FE in this forum so we are looking into other options, thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Hi Everyone!! I'm super excited to be joining this cruise. It is the first for me and my 3 children. We are counting down the days. I hope from this board we will meet friends we will hang out with on the ship. If you have recommendations on other boards to check out please send them my way.

This is our first cruise ever and very excited. We would like to join the Fish Extender group. Please let me know what I need to do! Thank you for organizing this - I have heard it is a fun and unique part of the Disney cruise line.

My family will be on this cruise, too: DH, DD (23) and me! This is our 5th Disney cruise and the 2nd on the Dream. Wonder was our home on the other cruises. Really looking forward to getting back on the ship and meeting some new folks.

Is there a facebook group for this cruise, or just this thread? We just decided to book this one and bring only our youngest DD (2nd grade).

Is there a facebook group for this cruise, or just this thread? We just decided to book this one and bring only our youngest DD (2nd grade).
If there is a group on another site, links and search directions cannot be posted here on DISboards to them.

This is a pretty quiet thread, but now that we are getting closer, who is getting excited?? I know I am! I spent some time today making some magnets for the stateroom door. Didn't realize this was a "thing" until I started looking into more info. I like the way they turned out. It's just DH and me, so I didn't want to go crazy with it, but I made a Mickey head, Minnie head, and one with a "Disney Cruise Line---What will You Celebrate?" nametag kind of design with Mickey and Minnie silhouettes and our names with "29 Magical yEARS!" It was fun making them.
I just bought a peasant blouse to wear with a black skirt for pirate night. DH says he doesn't want to dress up. I guess he'll just wear one of his tropical shirts that night.
If anyone has some good tips to share, please do! Our last cruise was on RC 20 years ago. I tend to get a little nervous about all the embarkation and debarkation stuff. Hoping that by reading up, it will keep me calm:)

Hi All!

My daughter and I are cruising the Dream for the first time from 4/18 to 4/22! I would love to get into the FE group but I saw thr deadline has passed. I just heard about this! If there is still a possibility of joining please let me know! mistyy83@yahoo.com Thanks!!!

Hi All!

My daughter and I are cruising the Dream for the first time from 4/18 to 4/22! I would love to get into the FE group but I saw thr deadline has passed. I just heard about this! If there is still a possibility of joining please let me know! mistyy83@yahoo.com Thanks!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3366821
Hi! I noticed your dates are for the cruise before ours. Try the link above for the Cruise Meet thread for your dates. I hope it works out for you!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi All,

Getting so excited to go on my 3d Disney Dream cruise. This time it's just me and my almost 7 year old daughter. I am already sad that it is too short.

What is fish extender?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter