April 22, 2016 Disney Dream cruise meet

teshawildlee

Earning My Ears
Hello my name is Tesha and this is my second cruise with the Disney dream (and ever):jumping1:. I thought I should just go on and start the cruise meet for this cruise since no one else has yet. And I'm sure other people were just like me saying "someone will start it eventually" :surfweb: lol. A little info about me I'm a mother of two right now but we are currently pregnant with our third child in September. I'm married and my husband is active duty air force. Although we did take our kids last time we are going solo this time as a gift to us since we never get to have anyone alone time from our kids:laundy: lol. We are also doing a b2b cruise this time so we are super excited! I can't wait to meet everyone!:welcome:party:

Sorry I took so long to reply I just had my baby on the 9th of September and things just calmed down around here lol. But welcome Marie!!! MY children aren't coming this cruise so it will be just me and my husband. As for the fish extender this is only my second cruise and I didn't do one my first so I'm still not sure how that works. I think they might have changed the rules on how we are suppose to set those up so I would look into that just to make sure but if you want to set that up your more than welcome to :worship: . I will be more available now to talk too so sorry again it took me forever to get back in touch.

Hello, we just booked this cruise. This is our sixth cruise and our fourth on the dream! My wife and I have 2 boys, they will be 7 and 3 at the time of the sailing. Look forward to seeing you all in April.

Hi Everyone! My family will be on board too. My in-laws are taking us on our first Disney cruise! It will be them, DH, me, and DS, who will be turning 2 during the cruise.

welcome! Sadly I might be changing my cruise date so some else is going to have to take over, but in the meantime nice to meet you! :)

Hi all,

I am hoping I am in the right place. Very excited for our first ever cruise, and that it is a Disney one! I haven't seen any posts on this thread about the fish extenders. I saw some discussions of it and they refer you to these boards. Am I looking too soon? Am I just in the wrong place? How exactly does this work? Also, where can I look for tips and information lots of boards here.

TIA for any info!

hello yes you are in the right place! Congrats on your first cruise! I was super excited my first cruise (disney was my first as well). I didn't find out about dis boards until a couple of weeks before my cruise last time and I wish I would of found them sooner. I guess it is kinda early because as you can see not many people have joined this cruise meet lol. I have actually traded in my back to back cruise on the dream for a week long cruise on the fantasy so I probably shouldn't be running this board anymore but no one has offered to take over. I hate to leave people hanging so here I am to answer the questions I can. As for general tips and info I would dig through disney cruise line forum and look through the treads for things that relate to you. It is tedious but that is usually how my questions and if I can't find my answer I start a new tread. I hope that was sort of helpful... Oh I just realized I didn't say anything about FE groups! I'm not too sure how those work because I never have participated in one so I'm pretty useless when it comes to that...

hello yes you are in the right place! Congrats on your first cruise! I was super excited my first cruise (disney was my first as well). I didn't find out about dis boards until a couple of weeks before my cruise last time and I wish I would of found them sooner. I guess it is kinda early because as you can see not many people have joined this cruise meet lol. I have actually traded in my back to back cruise on the dream for a week long cruise on the fantasy so I probably shouldn't be running this board anymore but no one has offered to take over. I hate to leave people hanging so here I am to answer the questions I can. As for general tips and info I would dig through disney cruise line forum and look through the treads for things that relate to you. It is tedious but that is usually how my questions and if I can't find my answer I start a new tread. I hope that was sort of helpful... Oh I just realized I didn't say anything about FE groups! I'm not too sure how those work because I never have participated in one so I'm pretty useless when it comes to that...
Thank you for responding! I figured I'd probably be tasked with reading through the boards. We are DVC members and usually visit Orlando at least two weeks a year. Unfortunately, this year we need to pass on the parks as the usual 17plus miles a day we do won't work as I have just injured my leg and don't want to utilize a wheelchair or EVC. My girls will be totally surprised with this cruise as they think a trip of any sort is out of the question. This being said, with a leg injury I should have plenty of time to read the boards while I'm recovering. Again, thank you for replying! I'm so excited and happy I'm in the right place (just a little early, lol). Enjoy your sailing!

I hope you have a speedy recovery and what a surprise that will be for your girls! My little ones are still really young so every trip is a surprise for them lol. I will continue to get the alerts for this tread so if you need help answering a question I would be glad to help! I'm on the boards most days just looking through all the treads searching for info. And again I hope you have a great cruise.

I will say that this is our 6th cruise and this one is pretty unusual that more people are not posting on this forum by now. In my past cruises, this type of thread would be up to page 20 or so by now and the FE plan would be solidly done and almost ready to close sign ups. Maybe we are looking at a cruise that is not very booked at this point? I don't really know how to interpret the lack of posts. Hopefully things will get busier around here the next few weeks.

Hello ,
My name is Marie and this will be our first family cruise- we are so excited . I also want to take part in FE - I will stay posted :fish:

Edit: Due to another commitment (and the low activity/interest of this thread), unfortunately I am no longer able to try to organize a FE group.

Last edited:
So who wants to do Fish Extender?!?!?!

It's my first DCL cruise, but if you will all bear with me, I would be happy to organize it.

Here is what I propose (from my understanding), but DCL veterans, please feel free to correct/suggest differently:

-Everyone can give what they want, whether it is one gift per person, one gift per cabin, etc.

-Our cut-off date to sign up to participate will be one month before the cruise, on 3/22.

-I will collect information from all participants via private message/conversation and assemble it all into a spreadsheet. I will send the spreadsheet to all participants via private Disboard conversation right after the cut-off date (I will also occasionally post updates here w/the number of adult/children participants).

-Information you need to send me to participate:
  • Disboard name
  • Cabin number
  • Info for each occupant - First name or initial, gender, age/age group, and favorite character (Ex. John/Male/Adult/Goofy or J./Female/8 years old/Cinderella)
How does that sound to everyone?

Also, do we want it so you can deliver your gifts on any day - or should I assign days (Fri., Sat. or Sun.) to people to guarantee gifts each day?
A very nice, clear description of how to set up a FE group. Very good.

Hi! I just found this thread. This will be the first Disney cruise for my DH and me. We are staying at BWV for a few days first, then taking the cruise. I haven't been spending much time on the Disboards recently, but if people want to discuss the cruise in this thread, I'll be checking in more regularly now! Our kids are grown, so it's just the two of us traveling. I just bought (and read!) the Unofficial Guide to Disney Cruises and found lots of good info there. Happy cruise planning!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter