April 22, 2013 5-night out of Miami

How long is the DVC presentation? We want to go to one but have a massage scheduled for later that morning...think 11 or 11:30. Plus have to drop kids off at club. 2 weeks and 1 day!!!

How long is the DVC presentation? We want to go to one but have a massage scheduled for later that morning...think 11 or 11:30. Plus have to drop kids off at club. 2 weeks and 1 day!!!

I think the DVC presentation is about 1 hour or a little over. We want to hit the first one because we won the door prize last year. I want to see if Lightning can strike twice. :thumbsup2

They will do several during the trip. Each one will have different amounts for their main door prizes.
So if the first one won't work there will be a few others.

Wow, it is crickets over here on the boards... everyone must be over on FB chatting.

Just wanted to remind everyone that 2 weeks from today we will be at Grand Cayman!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

Can't wait!

Yeah!!! And to add to the Disney magic I got an extra special birthday surprise...we're gonna spend my 48th in the happiest place on earth this Friday and Saturday! Doing mounds of laundry now and packing. I'll consider it a dry run for the cruise. ;). And looking at the current meal rates at WDW the cruise is a bargain! Yikes!

Cool. That will be a wonderful side trip. You are right about the food at WDW. It can get steep if you want sit down meals. We do some snacking.... dole whips, cake of the day in France, pork shank at Gaston's.......

Man, I sure we could detour there for a day or two before or after, but our travel plans are pretty tight this trip.

Happy Birthday, early.

Thanks! We plan on snacking on Saturday night and doing a sit down lunch. Will have to try the cake of the day in France!

Thanks! We plan on snacking on Saturday night and doing a sit down lunch. Will have to try the cake of the day in France!

I think the little pastry shop in France is probably the best deal for a snack in all of WDW. The cake of the day is chocolate/chocolate and I believe is $3.95 a slice. We also like their cream puffs, napoleons, and creme brulee.

Also, just in case you don't know, you can ask for a cup of ice water at any counter service restaraunt location and it is no charge. We never buy drinks at WDW.

One week from today folks, and we will all be headed to the port in some form or fashion. I hope to be onboard by 11 or 11:30 to start our Vaca.

We can't wait to meet everyone.

I won't dread next Monday as much as I did this one. :rotfl2:

So, this may be a little late but we were hoping to connect with some people prior to Monday. I am not quite sure how this board works...or anything for that matter. This is our first cruise...ever! So excited...probably more so than my kids.

Anyhow, its myself, my husband, daughter (9) and son (3). We are from Colorado.

Would be great to meet some other people...and talk over a cocktai! If Im going about this wrong, my apologies.

Looking forward to see all of you!

Sheila

Hi Sheila! It's our first family cruise also. Have 2 daughters 10 and 8. There is a Facebook page for the group too. Wonder April 22. We're meeting up on Tuesday by the Goofy pool around 9am. There will be a sign and I think Randy's family will be wearing Mardi Gras beads! Looking forward to meeting everyone! Gloria

Good Morning everyone,

Since I figure some may start their travels south soon, so I wanted to give one final reminder for anyone who is in our Meet-n-Greet group but is not on the Facebook page.

Our Meet-n-greet will be held on Tuesday (our first Sea Day) around 9am around the Goofy Pool. Please look for a sign. I have one that has lime green Disboard mickey heads on it. We are going to take a group picture so if everyone that wants to be in it can be there by around 9:30-9:40, we will take it then.

I look forward to seeing everyone. We are praying for calm seas and fair weather.

See you all soon.
Randy:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2

I just called Disney and here are the movies that are currently showing:

The Avengers
Brave (2D & 3D)
Finding Nemo (3D)
Wreck-it-Ralph
Lincoln
Oz the Great and Powerful

The live shows are:

All Aboard, Let the Magic Begin
Toy Story
Disney Dreams
Golden Mickeys
Remember the Magic

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.:yay::yay::yay:

Hey everyone. I am so sad to be waking up in my own bed and more sad to be making my kids breakfast. Oh well back to reality. It was nice to meet you all and my kids loved the FE gifts. I think I may have messed up when I passed out ours. I should have no cups left. But I ended up with three. I double checked the next day and could not figure out my mistake. I had all rooms checked off my list. So if you didn't receive gifts from us. (Disney cups, magic glitter, Disney book mark, a Mickey flashlight, etc) Each family should have received some of all of these. If I skipped you please message me (here or on FAcebook) your address so I can mail it. I am not sure if I missed a whole family or a few children in different families. Lessons learned. Next time, make Premade bags and deliver in the morning not at night. Thanks

Hey everyone. I am so sad to be waking up in my own bed and more sad to be making my kids breakfast. Oh well back to reality. It was nice to meet you all and my kids loved the FE gifts. I think I may have messed up when I passed out ours. I should have no cups left. But I ended up with three. I double checked the next day and could not figure out my mistake. I had all rooms checked off my list. So if you didn't receive gifts from us. (Disney cups, magic glitter, Disney book mark, a Mickey flashlight, etc) Each family should have received some of all of these. If I skipped you please message me (here or on FAcebook) your address so I can mail it. I am not sure if I missed a whole family or a few children in different families. Lessons learned. Next time, make Premade bags and deliver in the morning not at night. Thanks

We got your FE gifts, and they are wonderful! That flashlight, wow! I'd bought myself a pink travel cup onboard and Mark snagged your cup for himself :D. I know he won't use my pink cup, but YOUR cup is gender-neutral so I will get to use it at home LOL. I know what you mean re. delivering at night.

A few tips I've self-discovered over 5 cruises are:
1, if you're going to pre-prep bags, do it at home before you leave.
2, if you're going to customize the gifts/bags, organize them for delivery in some way so that they are in the order you want to deliver them. On one cruise, almost all the families had little kids, so we used small baggies. I laid them all out on a table in delivery order, and clipped them together in groups (deck 2 forward, deck 2 mid, deck 2 aft, deck 3 forward, etc.)
3, If it's a cruise with several at-sea days, try delivering only a few at a time
4, if it's extremely well-organized, and you DON'T deliver them all at one time, then maybe (just MAYBE) your husband will deliver the rest of them :D :D :D.

It is hard to believe the cruise is over. I will get the Meet-n-greet picture out to everyone soon. I have been so busy with church and checking on parents today, I haven't even begun to download pictures.

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread for making this cruise special.

Hello all! Great cruise, we had a wonderful time. Sorry that we did not make the meet-n-greet. Fortunately we were able to meet several of you during the cruise and we enjoyed all of our FE gifts---very, very nice!!

Here is the list of members/numbers for the KY derby tickets. The number beside your name is also your horse's number:

1. Docmom
2. Marcom
3. 5forDis
4. dhopgood
5. Grammieandpapa
6. Rudolph4
7. Blw120
8. 1153rsmith
9. Harry447
10. My3lilonkeyz
11. Mamawandpapaw3
12. Mcomomma
13. Christinalynne
14. Cfalcon614
15. Llvg
16. Mom3girls2000
17. Jennabras
18. Thebrooks4
19. Goguan
20. HTroop

Good luck to all! Remember to contact me at ukmike22000"at"yahoo.com (I do not have enough posts on the boards to include an email address) if your horse is the winner to claim your prize. :thumbsup2

Hello all! Great cruise, we had a wonderful time. Sorry that we did not make the meet-n-greet. Fortunately we were able to meet several of you during the cruise and we enjoyed all of our FE gifts---very, very nice!!

Here is the list of members/numbers for the KY derby tickets. The number beside your name is also your horse's number:

1. Docmom
2. Marcom
3. 5forDis
4. dhopgood
5. Grammieandpapa
6. Rudolph4
7. Blw120
8. 1153rsmith
9. Harry447
10. My3lilonkeyz
11. Mamawandpapaw3
12. Mcomomma
13. Christinalynne
14. Cfalcon614
15. Llvg
16. Mom3girls2000
17. Jennabras
18. Thebrooks4
19. Goguan
20. HTroop

Good luck to all! Remember to contact me at ukmike22000"at"yahoo.com (I do not have enough posts on the boards to include an email address) if your horse is the winner to claim your prize. :thumbsup2

At the risk of sounding clueless, what is our next step?

Hey everyone,

I emailed the group picture from the meet-n-greet to everyone on the FE mailing list. If you were at the meet-n-greet, weren't part of the FE group, but would like the picture, please let me know and I can email it to you. If you want to email me directly, my email is 1153rsmith (at) embarqmail (dot) com. As an alternative, I can post it on photobucket and link to it here. I know it is also on the group FB page.

Thank you to everyone I met on the trip. I am terrible with names, so I may not remember you by name, but I remember the pleasant conversations and warm smiles. You certainly added to the enjoyment of our trip.

At the risk of sounding clueless, what is our next step?

You are not clueless at all! The only thing you have to do now is wait for Saturday's race, watch, and root for your numbered horse. After the race is over they will publish the winnings on TV that will look something like this:

$6.50 $4.00 $3.25
$2.75 $2.30
$2.00

All you worry about is the number in the upper left-hand corner---that is what a $2 win ticket pays. The amount of money that goes to the winner will depend heavily on the odds of the horse----the better the horse, the better it's chance of winning, but the less it pays......the worse the horse, the less it's chance of winning, but the more it pays. A couple of years ago we had a couple of $100 winners on a $2 win ticket because a not-so-good horse called a "longshot" won. However, if the favorite wins then the payout will only be a few dollars. Because there are 20 horses in the race---which is way more than what you would find on a normal day, anybody can win.

Best of luck to all and I'll keep you posted on who won and how much!

BTW----anybody else have horse ticket questions? Remember, the only "dumb" question is the one that doesn't get asked.....

1. Docmom
2. Marcom
3. 5forDis
4. dhopgood
5. Grammieandpapa
6. Rudolph4
7. Blw120
8. 1153rsmith
9. Harry447
10. My3lilonkeyz
11. Mamawandpapaw3
12. Mcomomma
13. Christinalynne
14. Cfalcon614
15. Llvg
16. Mom3girls2000
17. Jennabras
18. Thebrooks4
19. Goguan
20. HTroop

Sorry Docmom.....your horse, #1 Black Onyx, scratched (dropped out of the race) today. Unfortunately when a horse drops out they do not replace it so you now don't have a chance to win :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter