April 22, 2013 5-night out of Miami

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by tigger2on, Oct 31, 2012.

1. tigger2on

tigger2on <font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO

Hi all...
    Are we the only family booked on this cruise??:thumbsup2
    Just booked this one. Will be traveling as a single mom with 3 littles!
    Madigan (8) Graiden (6) and Finnian (4).
    We have friends who are also looking to join us...
    Was hoping to get an FE started but it won't be much fun with only 1 cabin...;)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. micsalenski

micsalenski Earning My Ears

We are also on this cruise and have a 6 year old daughter. I will post this link in the Find Your Cruise master post.

4. Jenny522

Jenny522 Earning My Ears

Us too! I just posted looking for other cruisers last night!

Me, DH, DD (15) and DS (13)

Third-time Wonder cruisers.

5. danic8824

danic8824 Earning My Ears

Me an my fiancé will b on this one too!!! It will be our honeymoon !!!!!!!

6. MCO mama

MCO mama Mouseketeer

We're in, too! Me, DH, 5 year old DD. Not new to cruising, but new to DCL -- looking forward to it! :)

7. 5forDis

5forDis Mouseketeer

We are on this cruise, too. We sailed on the Dream last April & loved it so much we booked this 5 night for April 22.

There are 5 of us: 2 adults and 3 children (13-boy, 11-girl, 8-girl)

What excursions are you doing?

Right now we have booked Fury Catamaran in Cozumel and Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman.

Last year our youngest was afraid at a dolphin excursion and that was a waste of $ so I am pretty certain she would not want to do anything with sting rays.

8. 5forDis

5forDis Mouseketeer

Are you booking excursions through DCL (& if so which ones) or on your own (& if so which ones)???

9. Docmom

Docmom Mouseketeer

We're on too! DH, DD-10 and DD-8. Our first cruise as a family (hubby and I did Princess over a decade ago) and our first Disney Cruise! Totally excited. Can't book excursions until 2/6 but hoping to be able to get the Dolphin swim/turtle farm in GC and the de-barbed stingrays in Cozumel. Both girls are into animals, plus we homeschool so has that educational bonus ;)! And a dolphin interaction has been on my bucket list for years! How does the fish extender thing work? Also, want to do a couples massage and have girls go to the kids club. Do they give you an idea of their scheduled activities beforehand or just daily in the Navigator? I think they'd like the cooking one, PJ party and flubber.

10. dhopgood

dhopgood Earning My Ears

Just booked this cruise last week. We will be celebrating my 40th birthday! It's our first Disney cruise (me, DH, DS-17 and DD-6) and I'm super excited to start planning and shopping for our trip. Would love to participate in a FE group!:goodvibes

11. Rudolph4

Rudolph4 Earning My Ears

We are on this cruise too! My DH and I took our first cruise 12/11 on Celebrity and can't wait to introduce our kids (DD 12 and DS 10) to cruising! We got the KSF deal so we are even more excited! Is this group going to do a meet-up?

Jen

12. christinalynne

christinalynne Earning My Ears

Hello all! I am new to disboards, and this will be out first Disney Cruise! We have two little ones (Ethan, 5) and Ava (2). I am nervous and so, so excited! I would love some tips!!!

13. Docmom

Docmom Mouseketeer

We'd love to participate in aFE group and meet-up. How does it work? Seems like so much to do! We're really excited. April can't come soon enough!

14. TheBrooks4

TheBrooks4 Earning My Ears

Hello everyone! Me, husband (Chris), son (Nathan, 5) & daughter (Morgan, 2) Will be on this cruise! This is our 2nd cruise, but FIRST Disney Cruise. I'm a newbie, so I need to know what the deal is with the FE and the door decorations???? Any help and tips needed ;)

15. christinalynne

christinalynne Earning My Ears

You guys are the perfect match for us &#128521;Our kids are the same age!! Are you concerned at all about maybe sending your daughter to the nursery and son to the kids club? I wish my two could be together!

16. TheBrooks4

yes! very worried ;( Our travel agent who is a friend of ours said it may be possible for our little girl to go to the kids club since she is potty trained, but I'm not sure...I'm a terrible worry wart with her, but my son is very outgoing and gets along with anyone. We will have to get them together, I won't be so worried ;)

17. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list ;)

Have a great cruise!

18. TheBrooks4

Where can I find the cruise meet list?

19. my3lilonkeyz

my3lilonkeyz Earning My Ears

Hi! We are also booked on this cruise :) Me, DH, and our 3 kids DD (Mickey, 13), DS (Zach, 8), & DS (Markie,4). Firsht cruise EVER and am super excited! We are hoping to do the Dolphin Encounter & turtle farm in Grand Cayman andthe Cozumel Ruins & Beach tour in Cozumel.

20. CFALCON614

CFALCON614 Earning My Ears

We are also going on our first Disney cruise 4/22/13. My husband and I have DD 4 and 7 month old DS. I was planning on using nursery and kids club.

Anyone who has cruised with Disney before-we currently have second seating for dining, this will be late for our daughter. Any recommendations? Should I feed her early with one of the quick services and then send her to the kids club? Hopefully I will be able to switch to first seating.

Thinking about dressing up for the pirate party. Has anyone been to it before?-do people really dress up?

Also I have been scouring the internet for Cozumel/Grand Cayman advice. It seems paradise beach in Cozumel is free, short taxi ride, $2 chair rental,large pool, lunch bar and facilities, they have a nice website and great reviews. And for Grand Cayman, the Royal Palm beach, has pool and lunch restaurant & facilities, again with free admission. Both beaches look perfect for our family-since with the baby it will be difficult to do any waters ports activities. I am also looking into the beach pass for a day at some Grand Cayman hotels, you get access to their beach/pool/towels and some offer you a room for the day-which with small children is a major plus.

***We would also love to participate in Fish Extenders if anyone is doing it??? I can't seem to find a list or link for it.

21. Rudolph4

Rudolph4 Earning My Ears

I am so glad to hear there is another "tween" girl on the cruise! My DD (12) has been worried it was going to be all littles because of the KSF promotion.