April 22, 2013 5-night out of Miami

Hello! The FE registration seems to be going well - one more week to sign up!

Here are the names I have registration from - if you don't see yourself on the list, please resubmit the sign up form (found here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14Ko...n9DQg/viewform ). I have put a * next to the families I don't have room assignments for. If you have a room assignment and your name is starred, please PM me through the DISboards so I can update it.

rudolph4
Thebrooks4 *
Docmom
dhopgood
christinalynne
my3lilonkeyz
blw120 *
5forDis
goguan
llvg *
HTroop *
marcom
sschweitzer
grammieandpapa
Cfalcon614

The counts as of now: 15 rooms and 31 kids!! Keep in mind, these numbers will probably change over the next week.

Some of you have mentioned you won't have your room numbers until checking in at the port. I put that out to the DISBoard experts :worship: and the best idea I heard was this: I will give those people who don't have a room number my cell phone number and they can call/text me with their room assignment. Then there will be a "master FE sheet" posted on our cabin door. It will only have participating room numbers and DISBoard names in order to protect privacy.

Does everyone think this is ok or do you want to do it a different method?

The final FE information will be emailed out next weekend to those who signed up.

Thanks to everyone for participating and PLEASE feel free to suggest anything you think we should do differently. I am totally winging this having never been on a DCL cruise before!

jen

Hi,

A few of you have mentioned you have messaged me information to add to your FE registration. I have not seen most of these messages. I'm not sure if they are being PM'd to the DISboards or being sent to my email (and possibly being called spam).

If you need to send an FE message to me, please PM me through the DISBoards. I will reply back when I get any messages so you know I got them!

Thanks!
jen

Garbinda-it looks like independently going to the beach is easy in Cozumel (cab to Paradise Beach). Beaches in Grand Cayman are accessible by public bus transportation or cab. It looks easy enough if you are interested in 7 Mile Beach.

Thank you very much! :thumbsup2

Jen, you are doing great planning this:) Like I said need anything let me know. I think this is gonna be fun!

Jen, thanks for putting this together! I think the solution for unassigned rooms is great!

We are driving to Miami on the 21st, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the port with secure parking for our vehicle? Is anyone else staying? I think we may stay overnight the day we disembark as well, since it's a 12 hour drive for us!

Hey Jen,
I've tried to send you both a personal message and a visitor message and I guess you aren't getting them because it says I need at least 10 thread posts (which I don't have) to be able to send a message. This may be what is happening to others who think they have sent you a message. Is there an e-mail or some other way we could get the information to you?
Thanks!

PS. I'm new to this, so it also may be that I just don't know what I'm doing :laughing:

llvg said:
Hey Jen,
I've tried to send you both a personal message and a visitor message and I guess you aren't getting them because it says I need at least 10 thread posts (which I don't have) to be able to send a message. This may be what is happening to others who think they have sent you a message. Is there an e-mail or some other way we could get the information to you?
Thanks!

PS. I'm new to this, so it also may be that I just don't know what I'm doing :laughing:

I'm sorry that's happening. I never thought of that. My email is jenrudolph1@gmail.com. Put something in the subject line with either "Disney cruise" or "Wonder April 22" so I know to not "spam" it.

Anyone else as excited as I am!!!! I can't wait!

Jen

Got it! I was looking for your screen name. I see the one from that room number so you are all good!

jen

Hi Jen,

I just registered "officially" for the FE. My daughter-in-law is sschweitzer. We can't wait for the cruise to get here and to meet everybody! :wave2:

Hey Jen, this is my first FE, so I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row ;) Will you be letting us know age and genders of all the kids in the FE? Also, is there going to be a cut-off date? I'd hate to not get enough for everyone. Thanks!

We are driving to Miami on the 21st, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel near the port with secure parking for our vehicle? Is anyone else staying? I think we may stay overnight the day we disembark as well, since it's a 12 hour drive for us!

We were hearing a lot of horror stories about hotels with secure parking so we are actually going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale the night before. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear it.

We were hearing a lot of horror stories about hotels with secure parking so we are actually going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale the night before. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear it.

Hi Brooks family,

We are staying in FLL the night before as well. We found what looks to be a nice hotel in the Bahia Mar (a Hilton property) that I was able to burn some points and get a couple free nights. My parents, who are also travelling with us, are staying .4 miles down the road at the Best Western Oceanside. Rooms are about $40 cheaper and includes a free hot breakfast. The Bahia Mar is across the street from the beach with an access bridge over the road, and the Best Western is on the ocean side of the street but you have to walk through another hotel property to get to the beach. Also, for shuttle purposes, we are using the SAS shuttle service--which is picking us up at each of our hotels and taking us to the port--for $13 per person. If you want any additional info about any of this please let me know. One final piece of info, I've heard great things about a restaurant across the street from the beach called the Oasis Cafe where you actually eat outdoors at a covered picnic table that gently swings back and forth---hard to describe but you can google the place and check it out if you like.

Hey guys,

We are thinking about booking this cruise and wanted to know if it was too late to get in on the FE. Our crew consists of Mom, Dad, DS (14) and DD (11). We will decide in the next day or so if we are going to book it.

If we book, can we get in with you all?

1153rsmith said:
Hey guys,

We are thinking about booking this cruise and wanted to know if it was too late to get in on the FE. Our crew consists of Mom, Dad, DS (14) and DD (11). We will decide in the next day or so if we are going to book it.

If we book, can we get in with you all?

Welcome! You would definitely still be able to join. We are closing the FE sign up this Friday. There is a link in one of the previous posts to a form to fill out to join.

Hope you join us!

Jen

Are there many teenagers in our group? My 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter would love to have some folks to hang with.

Are there many teenagers in our group? My 14 year old son and 11 year old daughter would love to have some folks to hang with.

I have an 11 yr old daughter and a 13 yr old son. I think there quite a few preteens/young teens in our group...more than I expected.

Did you book it??? :banana:

My 11 yr old (girl) and 13 yr old (boy) will be going to the Edge. My 8 yr old will be in the Lab.

My 13 yo dd will be in Edge...she's super excited to meet new people :)

Does anyone know if they will allow a 14 year old to stay in the Edge? I would prefer that so that my kids can stay together and look out for each other. They were both in the Edge on the Magic last year and really liked it. They took all them up to Topsiders one night after it closed and let them make pizzas. They were better than the ones the ship served. :lmao:

No we haven't booked yet. I have been looking at room reports and crunching numbers. We are trying to take advantage of the kids sail free offer, but the only thing available are inside rooms on decks 1 & 2. I loved deck 2 on the Dream, but we were on deck 5 in the Magic so I don't know what deck 2 is like on the classic ships.

We are going to make a decision today. :confused3

Does anyone know if they will allow a 14 year old to stay in the Edge? I would prefer that so that my kids can stay together and look out for each other. They were both in the Edge on the Magic last year and really liked it. They took all them up to Topsiders one night after it closed and let them make pizzas. They were better than the ones the ship served. :lmao:

No we haven't booked yet. I have been looking at room reports and crunching numbers. We are trying to take advantage of the kids sail free offer, but the only thing available are inside rooms on decks 1 & 2. I loved deck 2 on the Dream, but we were on deck 5 in the Magic so I don't know what deck 2 is like on the classic ships.

We are going to make a decision today. :confused3

Hi 1153rsmith,

We are first time Disney Cruisers but, due to some of the same concerns, I've read through several forum posts that state that it is "possible" to move kids close in age to the Disney limits either up or down, but it depends on several things---the most important of which is whether or not there is room in the club to which you, or your child, want to move. My son and his friend will both be 13 at the time of our cruise but they are both an "old" 13 and will most likely feel more comfortable at Vibe than Edge. We are going to follow what I feel was the best advice I've seen yet, which was to tour the teen areas when you arrive and then speak with someone at guest services. Once they meet your family, and are comfortable with the kids, there should not be an issue as long as there is room. Best of luck and see you on-board in 40 days! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter