April 22, 2013 5-night out of Miami

How many people are signed up for the FE so far?
2 months to go....

There are 8 families signed up with 18 kids of all ages!! It looks like it's going to be fun!

In case anyone wants to sign up, here's the link to the registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14Koj1-PXdWGaRfflohe3Djt6SZSd17oAMVxdccn9DQg/viewform

I hope we get more people to sign up - the more the merrier!

Even if you aren't interested in the FE, we are planning a DISMeet on Monday by one of the pools - details to follow...

We just got our airfare. So glad to have that done! Flying into FLL, taking a car service to the Intercontinental and waking up facing the bay :) Maybe we'll be able to see the Wonder :cool1:

Hello all! :wave2: Our family will be on the same cruise.....DF 70, DM 69, myself 45, DW 41, DS 12 (but he turns 13 :cool1: on Wednesday of the cruise!!!), DD 8, DD 6, and "weekend son" (my son's friend who spends most weekends with us) 13. My wife is a big scrapbooker and I sent her a link to the FE's---not sure if we will join in on that or not but it sure sounds like fun and is an awesome idea. I've been asked before and will tell all that the "uk" in my signature signifies the University of Kentucky, not the United Kingdom. :thumbsup2

Hello all! :wave2: Our family will be on the same cruise.....DF 70, DM 69, myself 45, DW 41, DS 12 (but he turns 13 :cool1: on Wednesday of the cruise!!!), DD 8, DD 6, and "weekend son" (my son's friend who spends most weekends with us) 13. My wife is a big scrapbooker and I sent her a link to the FE's---not sure if we will join in on that or not but it sure sounds like fun and is an awesome idea. I've been asked before and will tell all that the "uk" in my signature signifies the University of Kentucky, not the United Kingdom. :thumbsup2

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you and your family!

yes! very worried ;( Our travel agent who is a friend of ours said it may be possible for our little girl to go to the kids club since she is potty trained, but I'm not sure...I'm a terrible worry wart with her, but my son is very outgoing and gets along with anyone. We will have to get them together, I won't be so worried ;)[/Q

Hi there,
We just joined the disboard and are going on the same cruise. We have a 3 year old and 6 year old and the little one is still having accidents. I am hoping they allow her to play with the older group too! I am sure there are lots of other families in the same boat so don't worry! Looking forward to going with our DD 3 and DD 6, DW and me. I think the kids will love all the activities!
Can't wait

Hi!

Hi Jen,
My wife Emily and I are also DCL and cruise newbies but we think our DD Stefania (6) and DD Isabella (3) would love to get and give gifts. What does the FE entail if you don't mind me asking. We are quite busy with work, kids activities and life but we would love to participate if its not too much effort.

Can't wait for the cruise and break! I think our girls will have a fantastic time with other kids and the FE would be also be fun. Looking forward to it. The loved the parks but this is a first crusie for all of us!

Thanks in advance for the scoop
Marco and Emily

Hi!

Hi Jen,
My wife Emily and I are also DCL and cruise newbies but we think our DD Stefania (6) and DD Isabella (3) would love to get and give gifts. What does the FE entail if you don't mind me asking. We are quite busy with work, kids activities and life but we would love to participate if its not too much effort.

Can't wait for the cruise and break! I think our girls will have a fantastic time with other kids and the FE would be also be fun. Looking forward to it. The loved the parks but this is a first crusie for all of us!

Thanks in advance for the scoop
Marco and Emily

Hi Marco!

I saw you signed up for the FE - great! As far as what it entails, all you have to do is sign up and plan on giving at least one gift per participating cabin. You can opt to do more - some people do one gift per person, some do one gift per cabin more than once per cruise. Gifts can be purchased or handmade. It's all up to you!

We are also going to have a group "meet" on the first full sail day. Details will be worked out closer to our cruise.

If you have any ideas/suggestions for the group feel free to bring them! The more the merrier!

jen

Hi Marco!

I saw you signed up for the FE - great! As far as what it entails, all you have to do is sign up and plan on giving at least one gift per participating cabin. You can opt to do more - some people do one gift per person, some do one gift per cabin more than once per cruise. Gifts can be purchased or handmade. It's all up to you!

We are also going to have a group "meet" on the first full sail day. Details will be worked out closer to our cruise.

If you have any ideas/suggestions for the group feel free to bring them! The more the merrier!

jen

Hi there Jen
Its Emily, Marco's wife this time. Thanks for your response. We are just figuring things out. We are looking forward to the FE and the cruise and just booked Palo brunch and the turtle farm in Cayman yesterday. I love seeing the count downs on this site. I have also been shopping for summer clothes for the kids and so far they don't suspect an upcoming trip. Let's see how long we can keep it a surprise! :)

A co worker of mine booked and is on a cruise now so I hope to hear all about if from her when she is back. She made homemade gifts for the kids and I thought that was sweet too. How many families have signed up for far?
Yes keep us posted on the FE meet up as well.

We can't wait for all the family fun! Our daughters loved Disney but the cruise is a new experience for all of us! Thanks for keeping up posted on all the details and for organizing the FE.

Emily (and Marco)

We signed up for FE but didn't have our room assigned, I have it now, where should I send/post it to? Should I just re-register again?

If anyone has additional info for the FE (such as room assignments) you can PM me and I will add it to the spreadsheet.

I will be emailing people next week if their info is missing anything and then sending the spreadsheet out to everyone the weekend of the 16th.

Less than 50 days! But who's counting???

Jen

CFALCON614 said:
We signed up for FE but didn't have our room assigned, I have it now, where should I send/post it to? Should I just re-register again?

Hi - I didn't get a FE registration from your screen name. Would you mind re-submitting it?

Thanks - and sorry!

Jen

Hi - I didn't get a FE registration from your screen name. Would you mind re-submitting it?

Thanks - and sorry!

Jen

Hi Rudolph4---my wife registered our family for the FE as well but I'm not sure what her screen name is (she is at work right now---I'll find out and let you know later). There should be a registration for a family of 4 in cabin 6562. My parents are also cruising and will be in 6556 and will have my two daughters in their room and will be participating in the FE, but I doubt my mom has signed up for it yet. So in all, we are four adults (my father, mother, my wife, and myself, two 13 year old boys, 8 year girl, and 6 year old girl. Can't wait---getting closer every day! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I signed up for the exchange already and do not know our room number. Our travel agent said she booked us under a program call "gauranteed" cabin. I do know that we will know our cabin number until we arrive. Will that be a problem. Becky

Hi, I've just booked our first cruise ever on DCL with our 3 kiddies, Ethan (8), Josh (will be 7, birthday cruise), and Emily (3). We haven't told the kids yet but we've been talking about it. I can't wait!! What's everyone doing for the excursions? I can't believe the Tiki Beach day is all sold out:(

Hi Rudolph4,

I wanted to make sure you had my family siged up for FE and also recieved my message. He went a little weird when I submitted it so I just wanted to double check. Thanks!

Hi Rudolph4---my wife registered our family for the FE as well but I'm not sure what her screen name is (she is at work right now---I'll find out and let you know later). There should be a registration for a family of 4 in cabin 6562. My parents are also cruising and will be in 6556 and will have my two daughters in their room and will be participating in the FE, but I doubt my mom has signed up for it yet. So in all, we are four adults (my father, mother, my wife, and myself, two 13 year old boys, 8 year girl, and 6 year old girl. Can't wait---getting closer every day! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Got it! I was looking for your screen name. I see the one from that room number so you are all good!

jen

Hi Rudolph4,

I wanted to make sure you had my family siged up for FE and also recieved my message. He went a little weird when I submitted it so I just wanted to double check. Thanks!

Hi! I do have you signed up for the FE (with an unassigned room number) but never received a message from you:confused3

Can you resend the message?

Thanks!
jen

I signed up for the exchange already and do not know our room number. Our travel agent said she booked us under a program call "gauranteed" cabin. I do know that we will know our cabin number until we arrive. Will that be a problem. Becky

Hi Becky!

There are lots of unassigned people in the group. Some have received their room numbers in the last week - maybe you will get it before the cruise??

If not, we are doing a meet the first full day of the cruise. I would imagine that would be the best way to communicate it throughout the group...unless someone has a better idea?? Has anyone done an FE before and have an idea of how to do that?

I'll post it on the boards and see what people suggest, also.

jen

Thanks, Jenn, for all the extra work to make this happen. I think the meet is a great idea. I will let you know if I get it the before the cruise but the way she made it sound it will not be till we check in.

Hi Jen,
I also signed up for the FE Group and Sent a message yesterday with my room number---just wanted to make sure you got the message! :bitelip:
Thanks!

Do you happen to have an estimate on count for the FE Group??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter