April 21, 2013 (Dream) after 7 years, back on DCL!! Anyone with me?!!

I just received my tags and booklet!!! wohoo!!! That means our day is coming close!!! oh yeah oh yeah :cool1:

Thursday is the VERY LAST DAY to sign up for the Fish Extender group for this cruise. Don't miss out! Send me the names of all the people in your cabin, the ages of the kids, boy/girl, allergies and any celebrations. You can PM me on here or email to junebug10@charter.net.

Lisa June

Yeah 30 day till we are dreaming on the dream

WOW! Is today 30 DAYS!?! I have a paper chain countdown here at the house & it still looks SO LONG - Too Long! I need this vacation now...except I've yet to prepare anything :laughing: Maybe I should get it in gear...

MoukyMouse said:
WOW! Is today 30 DAYS!?! I have a paper chain countdown here at the house & it still looks SO LONG - Too Long! I need this vacation now...except I've yet to prepare anything :laughing: Maybe I should get it in gear...

Yes we have a paper chain too! My girls are so excited. I want to start packing and hubby just said he wants to do adult dinner so now I am excited

Thursday is the VERY LAST DAY to sign up for the Fish Extender group for this cruise. Don't miss out! Send me the names of all the people in your cabin, the ages of the kids, boy/girl, allergies and any celebrations.

Lisa June

I forgot to mention we are celebrating our 10yr anniversary!! pixiedust:

Laura

I just sent the FE list to everyone that signed up. There were 3 people that I did not have an email address for and I sent you a PM on here. If the 3 of you would prefer to get the list in a grid form, you can e-mail me at junebug10@charter.net.

Lisa June

I just sent the FE list to everyone that signed up. There were 3 people that I did not have an email address for and I sent you a PM on here. If the 3 of you would prefer to get the list in a grid form, you can e-mail me at junebug10@charter.net.

Lisa June

Thank you for doing this Lisa! My daughter and I are excited to get started on the FE gifts!

Is anyone going to do Nassau excursions? Which ones are you doing & did you schedule them through Disney?

Our original plan was to wonder around the shops near the port for a couple hours then get back on the boat. This is what my husband and I did on our honeymoon Disney cruise in 2000 and while aware of our surroundings still felt perfectly safe. Now I've been reading on the DIS & else ware to NOT GO INTO NASSAU! Tourists are being robbed at gunpoint & the way they make it sound is that it's running rampant. I want my kids (11 & 9) to experience Nassau, but the excursions were alot of $$$ for something we don't really want to do anyway. I think my boys would be just as happy wandering around Atlantis. With it being April, the water will be too cold to swim at their water park & I want to save our beach day for CC.

So...What are y'all doing? I'd love to hear ideas.

Is anyone going to do Nassau excursions? Which ones are you doing & did you schedule them through Disney?

Our original plan was to wonder around the shops near the port for a couple hours then get back on the boat. This is what my husband and I did on our honeymoon Disney cruise in 2000 and while aware of our surroundings still felt perfectly safe. Now I've been reading on the DIS & else ware to NOT GO INTO NASSAU! Tourists are being robbed at gunpoint & the way they make it sound is that it's running rampant. I want my kids (11 & 9) to experience Nassau, but the excursions were alot of $$$ for something we don't really want to do anyway. I think my boys would be just as happy wandering around Atlantis. With it being April, the water will be too cold to swim at their water park & I want to save our beach day for CC.

We are staying on the boat. I read all the scary stuff and decided not to go into Nassau. The excursions are all so expensive and we want to go to Magic Kingdom for 1 day when we disembark, so we are saving our money for that.

Lisa

I believe we are going to do one of the blue lagoon excursions. I have a friend that said they loved it and I have read almost all positive things about these excursions.

I looked into the Shallow Water Dolphin Experience at Atlantis through DCL. I like the idea that Disney would be "on the hook" for our transport (& safety) while in Nassau. However, for the 4 of us to spend a total of 30 minutes in cold water with a dolphin it will cost $670. On top of that, you have to pay for the souvenir photo! My DH thinks my concern is for naught & we'll be fine just wandering through the port shops. I must say, he's always the worrier - I never am, but when it involves my kids & their safety....

I DID read on here where a family printed their own free walking tour map & it sounded as though they had a really nice experience. I may take their lead.

I didn't sign up for the excursions. They were all very expensive and from what I read the area isn't the best around town. We may get off and take the water taxi just to see Atlantis and return to the ship to enjoy the activities on board.

We may get off and take the water taxi just to see Atlantis and return to the ship to enjoy the activities on board.

Ahh! Now see...I didn't realize there was a water taxi to Atlantis! We will definitely be on it!!:cool1: Thanks for letting me know. I'm assuming it's (water taxi) just something you can go do without an advanced reservation.

I have never heard of this water taxi? Can you tell me details please?

I'm sure Sandra would be better able to tell us about the water taxi since she's the one who originally mentioned it, but after reading her post I did a quick Google/YouTube search for "water taxi from nassau to Atlantis". According to Google it seems pretty inexpensive & the YouTube video I saw made it seem right up our alley. I'm planning on stopping by AAA on Monday to get more info on Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter