APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

Just booked a full size from 4/23-4/29 thru dollar(city special). Picking up at the Wyndham by Disney Springs. $48.00 base rate...$71.34 total Can't imagine I will beat this rate. I'm done shopping.

We are staying at SSR and taking MME to the resort but we want a car for the week. Think you could get a minivan for under $200 total if you wanted.
Just checked and you can get a minivan for the week 4/23-4/30 for $174.02

Just booked a full size at dollar through carrentalsavers for 101.86 all in.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!! Just booked a full size through dollar on carrentalsavers April 6-13 for $113!!!!! I had checked on Dollars site and everything was around or over $400. I do have another reservation with Alamo with the Vegas Brazil code for $188, but $113 is WAY better!

What's the trick on carrentalsavers? I fill in your dates and select Dollar and everything it gives me is $400ish?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!! Just booked a full size through dollar on carrentalsavers April 6-13 for $113!!!!! I had checked on Dollars site and everything was around or over $400. I do have another reservation with Alamo with the Vegas Brazil code for $188, but $113 is WAY better!

I am getting no love this trip. At 6 weeks out, I usually start to see price drops. Everything is going up
I have an SUV at $650 for 15 days that I reserved 4 months ago. Right now, everything is at least 50% higher.

Has anyone ever heard of firefly? I want an SUV, which they don't have, so won't work for me, but has all regular cars/sedans listed for $5/day for my dates, April 15-22 on carrentalsavers. It is in terminal, but I haven't heard of it, so could be too good to be true...

Edit: Reading fine print, it looks like it may only be for 5 miles/day, so then they nail you on the extra mileage instead of the car rental. Hope this may work for someone, but seems kind of sketchy...

Has anyone ever heard of firefly? I want an SUV, which they don't have, so won't work for me, but has all regular cars/sedans listed for $5/day for my dates, April 15-22 on carrentalsavers. It is in terminal, but I haven't heard of it, so could be too good to be true...

Edit: Reading fine print, it looks like it may only be for 5 miles/day, so then they nail you on the extra mileage instead of the car rental. Hope this may work for someone, but seems kind of sketchy...
Firefly is owned by Hertz. They're legit but the reviews I'm finding aren't very good even after adjusting for the fact that most reviews will come from folks with something to complain about.

Last edited:

Have you tried the Alamo codes?

Can anyone share the Alamo code? Someone here said they used a $25 code. None of the codes I have seem to work so I cold use any help!

Whoops, I just found the $25 code but if anyone has others it would be great.

Last edited:
What's the trick on carrentalsavers? I fill in your dates and select Dollar and everything it gives me is $400ish?

Same question! I've never been able to get good rates from carrentalsavers. I'd love to hear how people are getting these great rates! :listen:

I didn't do anything other than go to carrentalsavers and put in the airport code and my dates/times. That brought up all the rental companies. I just checked my dates again and everything is 400-500 now like you said. I discovered a couple years ago timing is EVERYTHING when it comes to rental prices. Keep checking, check at different times of the day too.

Dollar also has an amazing price for SUV ($174 taxes in for a week)) but don't think I can use it since we really want to both be able to drive and they charge $13 per day. Hope someone else can benefit!

Dollar also has an amazing price for SUV ($174 taxes in for a week)) but don't think I can use it since we really want to both be able to drive and they charge $13 per day. Hope someone else can benefit!

What dates and pickup location? I can't replicate $174, I'm seeing $300+ for SUVs.

It was April 15-22, I saw it low for both SUVs and minivans.

Also, just re-entered Vegas Brazil and the $30 off code above at Alamo and now have my 7 day SUV from April 15-22 for $199.80, beats my previous reservation of $218 using the same!

It was April 15-22, I saw it low for both SUVs and minivans.

Also, just re-entered Vegas Brazil and the $30 off code above at Alamo and now have my 7 day SUV from April 15-22 for $199.80, beats my previous reservation of $218 using the same!

WOW! Those are low rates....Grab it if you can, looks like a glitch to me. Fri-Fri is <$100 for a lot of sizes; one day later Sat-Sat is $300!!

My rates at Dollar are crazy - $570 for a week! Ha! But, thanks for the updated Alamo code! I am down another $5!

Has anyone asked to have CDW dropped when they check in at Alamo? It's the only thing I'm not zen about yet (mainly because I don't really understand what it gives me and what it negates...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter