APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

laura428

DIS Veteran
Looking for a good deal during our Spring Break trip next year and didn't see a thread started...

Best deal I've found thus far is through our Costco membership:

Dates: 4/2-4/10
Rental Company: Alamo
Car: Full-size
Rate: $280.27

Would love to be able to take that down for a little extra spending money! :)

Costco proved to be the cheapest for us for our trip a few weeks ago (and I stalk every site). Keep checking their site too though because mine did end up going down from when I originally booked (months in advance) and I simply canceled and rebooked at the lower rate. Use the "low fare finder" or whatever it is called. That will show you the lowest rate with all coupons that are available, etc... Mine dropped a week or so before we were leaving.

Costco proved to be the cheapest for us for our trip a few weeks ago (and I stalk every site). Keep checking their site too though because mine did end up going down from when I originally booked (months in advance) and I simply canceled and rebooked at the lower rate. Use the "low fare finder" or whatever it is called. That will show you the lowest rate with all coupons that are available, etc... Mine dropped a week or so before we were leaving.

Great to know - thanks! We used Costco for our last trip, too, but I wasn't aware of the low fare finder tool. Will definitely use this time. :)

Following...so far I have 275 for a minivan with the Vegas Brazil code...4/13-4/20....out of MCO...

Looking for a good deal during our Spring Break trip next year and didn't see a thread started...

Best deal I've found thus far is through our Costco membership:

Dates: 4/2-4/10
Rental Company: Alamo
Car: Full-size
Rate: $280.27

Would love to be able to take that down for a little extra spending money! :)

Economy- Cheapest is $32279 through Costco for us.

Booking a full size was $233.16 through Avis through the Rental Car momma website link.

We've always found Costco to be more expensive. Just search around Mouse saver and Rental car momma

Realistically its still way to early to be finding any good rates. We normally book then keep searching for a better rate. That usually happens a about 45 days before departure. ITs not like vacation packages where it saves $ to book early.

Costco for late April are sky high right now. Dollar and Thrifty are the standout bargains for that last week at the moment, with no others even close.

Going to book Dollar (for now) for 195 all in for a Sat-Sat (23 - 30) fullsize.

Costco for late April are sky high right now. Dollar and Thrifty are the standout bargains for that last week at the moment, with no others even close.

Going to book Dollar (for now) for 195 all in for a Sat-Sat (23 - 30) fullsize.
Is this price with or without taxes and fees?

I have been keeping tabs on Costo for an Alamo rental out of the Dolphin location for a weekend jaunt. I found slightly better overall pricing from Undercover Tourist so booked it knowing that we can always cancel and re-book for better prices as April gets closer. We are getting an Intermediate SUV (Rav4) for $156 vs $193 at Costco.

Edit:

Would anyone mind sharing the Vegas Brazil code? Thanks!

Oh wow! I had to go searching for the "Vegas Brazil" code and it had even better rates! I booked a mini-van instead for $116. Tomorrow will call to cancel my other res. :)

Here's the thread link: http://www.disboards.com/threads/does-anyone-know-about-vegas-brazil-llc-alamo-discount.3353157/
And the Code: 7016427

Last edited:
Just checked Costco and my 2 week Intermediate SUV rental with Alamo dropped $53. I am down to $661.

Just rebooked since I was thinking of it - Alamo Costco at $176 all in for fullsize for 4/23 - 4/30 (arriving morning, leaving evening, so its a week + a day).

What's the Visa code with Costco?
Is this thread only for MCO rentals? We are flying through TPA and are looking at $240 for a mid-size car from Alamo for 9 days. Wondering how much of a better deal we can get?

We are holding two reservations right now, both for April 24th to May 3rd inclusive.

A full size with Alamo is $200.

An SUV with Dollar is $320.

We have 4 adults travelling, so the SUV is our preference. I will be watching for better prices on both SUV's and vans. The only major company who we will NOT deal with is Budget, so Alamo, Dollar, National, Hertz are all possibilities.

I rented last April and found the best rates 2-3 weeks prior to travel. At one point, I had planned to rent a car at MCO and send the rest of my family of DME but I ended up finding a rate about $10 higher renting from Dollar at the Wyndham Hotel in DTD (they have a shuttle that will pick you up) and returning at the airport. It was $175 for a midsize for 9 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter