APRIL 2016 Rental Car Discount ~ Promo Code ~ Rate Watch

Have you tried the Alamo codes?
I tried them, and the search came back with a pretty good rate, but when I tried to book it, it said there are currently no vehicles available for that date and time. Maybe I should try again later. People seem to get better rates if they wait until within a month or less of their trip, right?

I tried them, and the search came back with a pretty good rate, but when I tried to book it, it said there are currently no vehicles available for that date and time. Maybe I should try again later. People seem to get better rates if they wait until within a month or less of their trip, right?

I put in your dates and had no problem going all the way thru the process for a midsize from noon to noon. What size car are you looking for? And what are your drop off /pick up times? Maybe you need to tweak them a small amount?

If the Alamo rates were good for you - you should keep trying. My current rate with these codes is 25$ off my lowest EVER rate for a mini van in the last 5 years/9 trips! The cars tend to drop if there is significant availability but you are traveling surrounding the Star Wars run Disney race and the New England states spring break so I don't think it's likely to plummet for such a long duration trip.

Rate went down again- April 18-25 midsize using the Alamo codes I am now down from $157 to $140!

I put in your dates and had no problem going all the way thru the process for a midsize from noon to noon. What size car are you looking for? And what are your drop off /pick up times? Maybe you need to tweak them a small amount?

If the Alamo rates were good for you - you should keep trying. My current rate with these codes is 25$ off my lowest EVER rate for a mini van in the last 5 years/9 trips! The cars tend to drop if there is significant availability but you are traveling surrounding the Star Wars run Disney race and the New England states spring break so I don't think it's likely to plummet for such a long duration trip.

I tried again, got the no availability message a few more times, but I finally was able to get it. Booked the midsize. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Woohoo! My minivan went down another 21$ today!

Alamo with the Vegas Brazil and 25$ coupon above from 4/13-4/20 for $205!! Mickey bars for the whole family!

Thanks to the folks on this forum and persistence I was able to get a minivan through Alamo for 1 week and 4 days in April for $367. When I began my search it was $479 with the Vegas Brazil code. Watched, watched, watched... Then added the $25 special code posted here. Price came down to $450. Then this morning tried the Alamo site again and got the $367!! Persist! Don't give up looking for those better rates! Cancelations easy if you book again with the lower rate. Go for it! Thank you all for the continued great info!
Ok, checked again. Got a still lower rate of $332.31!! So, from my initial ressie got it down $147! Will continue to check til I have to do online check in!!!

I love this thread! I plugged in our dates again and saw the $25 coupon but I couldn't figure it out so it dropped us to $318 from$350. I called my dh at work and asked him if that sounded better and of course he said sure. So I emailed him (easier to copy then text as he is on a computer) the codes along with the $25 coupon code and our current rate is $289.15.

We are renting a minivan, man if the SUVs were not $799 like our original rental from enterprise I would rent that instead. Anyways April 15-25 and renting from RSW/Ft. Myers.

Yay!

I think I should of won powerball because we have been so lucky for this upcoming trip. My sister moved to FL and she has no kids but they bought a 3 bedroom house about 20 min from Sanibel/15 from Ft. Myers beach but in reality 2 miles, ok more but those lights. The first year we drove, 2 long days down and I let my dh leave on a Friday on the return if we could stop at downtown Disney. So the next year I said we will try the auto train. We got a great price as I booked the first day I could. It ended up being $1800 RT and we had rooms. There are 5 of us. Last April I booked delta because I was afraid to wait for jet blues prices and I wish I did but we had a connection in Atlanta and I think I paid $240 Rt but we flew into Tampa and had a 2 hr drive.

This year I waited and said, nope we are going to fly JB into Ft. Myers and even if we have to pay a little more it will be worth it to only have a 15 min drive to my sisters house. So the day JB prices came out I was on there like many of you I am sure and the website wasn't working. When it finally did my jaw dropped and $700RT. Yikes! I told my dh we would drive and as much as he hated the thought, the thought of spending $3500 to fly to FL was a worse thought. Some kind and wonderful angel on here posted about Google flights and there I went and $236 RT.

So $1300 for us to fly to FL and have a rental is remarkable. We have a free place to stay and just have to buy food which we would do at home anyways, plus beach parking and an excursion here or there.

My dh used to cringe when I told him I was in the dis boards but a handful of times I have got codes from here that have saved us $$$.

Hi. Just found this thread after being distressed about the high prices I'm finding for my April trip! I checked out the Alamo rates with the Vegas/Brazil code and 25% coupon. They have a better deal than anything I've found ($162.34 for 4/18-25). Before I book, can someone confirm that I can cancel or easily change the reservation if I get a better price? Also, a couple things show up as "included" that I don't think are standard. I want to make sure I won't get charged for them when I pick up the car. They are "one additional driver" (that would be a nice bonus) and "cdw allocated..." protection (which looks like some extra insurance). I guess these extras are included as part of the Vegas/Brazil deal. Does anyone know if that's the case? Thanks!!

Hi. Just found this thread after being distressed about the high prices I'm finding for my April trip! I checked out the Alamo rates with the Vegas/Brazil code and 25% coupon. They have a better deal than anything I've found ($162.34 for 4/18-25). Before I book, can someone confirm that I can cancel or easily change the reservation if I get a better price? Also, a couple things show up as "included" that I don't think are standard. I want to make sure I won't get charged for them when I pick up the car. They are "one additional driver" (that would be a nice bonus) and "cdw allocated..." protection (which looks like some extra insurance). I guess these extras are included as part of the Vegas/Brazil deal. Does anyone know if that's the case? Thanks!!

Cancelling is easy. I've done it several times now. CDW is an insurance that probably is tied to the Vegas Brazil code. No way to exclude it but since it is included, no worries. Funny about the additional driver. We used the Vegas Brazil code for our trip in December and it was not included. Now it is. Not a big deal for us since I usually drive. DH doesn't have a good sense of direction!

The VB code has been around for nearly a year. I've used it at least twice with no problems. The issue of the CDW comes up in each months thread that I've ever followed. Here's the link to the discussion in the March thread. I've noticed that the CDW comes and goes. I have a ressie with the code without it, but if I try to book the save vehicle now, the CDW is included. So if you have worries about using it, keep checking, it might not be included later. Also, I've noticed that the CDW usually is added only for larger vehicles. Currently, I think it's on fullsize and up, including SUVs and minivans, but not on standard or below.

Cancelling is easy. I've done it several times now. CDW is an insurance that probably is tied to the Vegas Brazil code. No way to exclude it but since it is included, no worries. Funny about the additional driver. We used the Vegas Brazil code for our trip in December and it was not included. Now it is. Not a big deal for us since I usually drive. DH doesn't have a good sense of direction!

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who usually drives. My husband HATES driving in areas he is not familiar with (which doesn't really matter because I drive all the time anyways)

Thanks all. I've currently rented a mid-size with Alamo for $162.34 (4-18-25). We're following 4 nights at BWV with a 3 nt cruise. We decided to keep the car through the cruise, even though we have to pay to park it. It's still cheaper than if we turned the car in and used the Disney transport to/from the cruise. This way, we also have the car the day the cruise ends. We will probably go to Cape Kennedy for the day before heading to the airport. Thanks again! So glad I looked for this thread!

Just got a minivan for $572 from 3/31-4/11 with the 2 Alamo codes (Vegas Brazil and $25 discount). That's the best I've found so far and only $100 more than the midsize SUV we were planning to get. Will keep checking for it to go down, but happy with this rate so far.

I have been running my dates through carrentalsavers.com on a daily basis, but just gave the Vegas Brazil codes a quick try and voila! Cheaper for a 7 passenger mini van using those codes than a small SUV with Dollar. Our 10 day rental is $268 using the VB code and $25 off coupon (the Dollar SUV was $312). I am also still holding a premium with Dollar for the same dates for $222 (no codes or coupons). My brain says to go with the space that the van affords us (we are 4 adults) but my wallet likes the lower price. Decisions :scratchin .

I have been running my dates through carrentalsavers.com on a daily basis, but just gave the Vegas Brazil codes a quick try and voila! Cheaper for a 7 passenger mini van using those codes than a small SUV with Dollar. Our 10 day rental is $268 using the VB code and $25 off coupon (the Dollar SUV was $312). I am also still holding a premium with Dollar for the same dates for $222 (no codes or coupons). My brain says to go with the space that the van affords us (we are 4 adults) but my wallet likes the lower price. Decisions :scratchin .
We are in the same boat Gina. $184 USD for a midsize for 9 days with Alamo. It's technically all the space we need and other than having to put one of the suitcases between the kids on the way to and from the airport we would be just fine. But I also have a Fullsize reserved with Alamo for $214 and we would fit nicely in that. That $214 though is going to cost me $300 CAD, and that just seems stupid for a car that will take us from one parking lot to another. We won't be in it for more than 15 minutes at a time. I'll hold on to both and see how things shake out.

I'll hold on to both and see how things shake out.

That's us, too. We've got both reservations in our back pocket and we'll decide a little closer to our travel dates which one we want to keep. It will depend on how many unbudgeted extras we add on between now and the next 80 days. I seem to have a little problem with Groupon at times :rotfl: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter