April 2014 car rentals

I just tried Avis using the Entertainment.com website. I got $207 for a full size if you prepay. There is a $25 cancellation charge if you cancel at least 6 hours in advance, $100 penalty if less than 6 hours. I did not book since I have a cheaper rate at Dollar for now.

Subscribing!

I have a full-size 4/26-5/3 at MCO from Alamo $159.66. Booked today.

That is a great rate. Did you use discount code or promotion?

I have not had any luck with Alamo or National. I have a reservation with Dollar and Budget. I will cancel one of them before I go. I am hoping to get something from Alamo or National before then.

I logged into Alamo Insider, so I got the Insider rate. I just checked today, it went up $2, still not a bad price. I really like Alamo because there are no lines. Just go to the Kiosk and out to the garage to get your car.

I logged into Alamo Insider, so I got the Insider rate. I just checked today, it went up $2, still not a bad price. I really like Alamo because there are no lines. Just go to the Kiosk and out to the garage to get your car.

I tried the Insider rate for my dates, not as fortunate as you. Alamo is $365 for full size.

This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone rented from Dollar before? I am asking because one time we rented Budget and my husband waiting in line for an hour and half. He told me from now on we need to spend more money so we do not have to wait in line. I know there is Dollar express, is it any good? I have been strictly an Alamo or National girl for years.

This may sound like a silly question, but has anyone rented from Dollar before? I am asking because one time we rented Budget and my husband waiting in line for an hour and half. He told me from now on we need to spend more money so we do not have to wait in line. I know there is Dollar express, is it any good? I have been strictly an Alamo or National girl for years.

I'm not using Dollar until April but I've signed up for Express and read from other posters that you can just go to the garage and get in your car.

I made that Budget mistake my first time. If you see a good rate from them, sign up for their equivalent program (Fast Break, I think) and you can go to the garage where this is either no line or a very short line.

At one time, I was strictly Alamo/National but a great Dollar code was available, so I used it. I had no problems with them or the car. With any car rental agency, I join the frequent renter club which gives me the ability to avoid the desk and the hard sell. I had a minivan rented for April with a code found here but our plans changed. We're now going in November. I plan to check and if Dollar offers another great city rate, I'll rent from them again.

We have always rented from Dollar and love it. Half of the time we end up with an upgrade. The cars have always been new and clean.

I just reserved a minivan from National for 04/27 - 05/04 for $311 using the KLM code & BJs $30 off coupon.

I just reserved a minivan from National for 04/27 - 05/04 for $311 using the KLM code & BJs $30 off coupon.
I'm green behind the ears when it comes to renting a car. We need a mini van from 4/4-4/11. Can you tell me more details of how you got the minivan for $311? Did you get it right from the National website? What's the KLM code? Coupon?

I'm green behind the ears when it comes to renting a car. We need a mini van from 4/4-4/11. Can you tell me more details of how you got the minivan for $311? Did you get it right from the National website? What's the KLM code? Coupon?

Hi! I booked through National's website.

If you go to Mousesavers.com, and go to their car rental section, then National, I believe they still offer a free Emerald Club membership. Sign up for that first.

Then go to National's website and use corporate code: 8572130

I used a $30 off coupon from BJs, but Mousesavers may have some other coupon codes.

Hi! I booked through National's website. If you go to Mousesavers.com, and go to their car rental section, then National, I believe they still offer a free Emerald Club membership. Sign up for that first. Then go to National's website and use corporate code: 8572130 I used a $30 off coupon from BJs, but Mousesavers may have some other coupon codes.

I tried this and got the best rate I have found so far on airport. Using a Bj's coupon as we are members as well and the code you listed I am at $177 for a pick your car. Does it matter that i am not traveling with Klm/JetBlue? I don't even have an account with them.

I tried this and got the best rate I have found so far on airport. Using a Bj's coupon as we are members as well and the code you listed I am at $177 for a pick your car. Does it matter that i am not traveling with Klm/JetBlue? I don't even have an account with them.

I did register for KLM on the Air France website so I have the membership "just in case" but have never been asked about it.

Thank you all for the National tip! : ) I literally have been trying for weeks multiple times a day on several websites with several codes and coupons and couldn't get anything reasonable renting at MCO. Will still continue to look but at least now I a, in a comfort zone. Love the disboards!

Thank you for the feedback on Dollar. Right now I have some pretty good rates with Dollar. I will register for the EXPRESS service.

4/26-5/3 - $145.49 full size for everything. No code, then I clicked city specials. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter