April 2014 car rentals

City specials working for my dates again this AM. My dates are April 17-27.

Literally JUST when back up. I check city special before noon, April 17-27 was $300 all-in for a mini van. Just looked again 45 min later, same van is $800 all in. INSANE!

Literally JUST when back up. I check city special before noon, April 17-27 was $300 all-in for a mini van. Just looked again 45 min later, same van is $800 all in. INSANE!

Crazy...I am checking 3 or 4 times a day. Can book a pickup at Holiday Inn at Downtown Disney with drop off at MCO for $156 but amount goes up $100 if we pickup at MCO. Unfortunately have heard terrible things about picking up at Holiday Inn.

GO TO DOLLAR NOW!

I just booked 4/12 to 4/22 with Dollar no codes- city special full size for 161. I must of read it 50 times to make sure I put everything in right!

GO TO DOLLAR NOW!

I just booked 4/12 to 4/22 with Dollar no codes- city special full size for 161. I must of read it 50 times to make sure I put everything in right!

Thank-you! I checked this morning and was getting a rate for April 18-26 of $600+ for a minivan. Checked again after your email and my final total is $273.15, including all fees. Until now, my best rate had been $499 with the Pep Master code at Alamo.

Thanks! I just booked a full-size through Dollar from 4/5-4/13 for $133 with tax. My previous best price was $262.

I booked dollar for April 9-16 for $128 for a standard car. I used the code chep which brought it down from $158. Last night when I checked a compact was $340. I hate dollar but for that price I'll deal with it.

nifferearly those are almost the exact dates we need too! How did you get that great rate?? I'm getting $365

Dollar had the premium cars marked down yesterday. I booked a premium from 04/12 - 04/18 for $167 tax included. I had a full size for $120 but I thought I would splurge.:rotfl2:

Last night I booked Dollar all in for $145 For April 28 to May 8 compact. Today I got Alamo for same dates with a free upgrade to a midsize for $191. As much as I like the lower price I have had some really crappy compacts from Dollar.... probably going to go with Alamo and hope it keeps going down as we get closer. That not such a given with car rentals these days...rates seem to stay higher even close to the rental dates than they used to. I can live with $191.

nifferearly those are almost the exact dates we need too! How did you get that great rate?? I'm getting $365

I just got on the Dollar website within a couple of hours after a previous poster said that Dollar had dropped. I booked the City Special rate. I checked again yesterday and the rates went way up. Keep checking every day - it's amazing how much prices fluctuate even within the same day. Previously, my best rate for our dates was $262 through National with the KLM code (it's listed somewhere in this thread if you search for it). I prefer Alamo so I'm going to keep checking - I'll post if I see anything really low again.

Just noticed a $100 price drop at Alamo for my April 26-May 4 rental -- woo hoo!! :cool1:

With Alamo Insiders discount, a premium car for $145.16/week, plus 2 days at 20.74. The total works out to be 236.95, minus the $100 voucher I got with my Air Miles points. :D

Payless is running some pretty cheap rates for April right now. They were showing up on Kayak too.

Budget and Avis have some decent rates on Costco Travel right now. Premium @$249 for a week. Avis has full size for $257. i even saw some decent rates for Hertz on www.aaa.com. Full size for $286. I know that some of the other companies have had some agressive pricing in the last couple of weeks but this is the lowest I have seen for Avis and Hertz.

Budget and Avis have some decent rates on Costco Travel right now. Premium @$249 for a week. Avis has full size for $257. i even saw some decent rates for Hertz on www.aaa.com. Full size for $286. I know that some of the other companies have had some agressive pricing in the last couple of weeks but this is the lowest I have seen for Avis and Hertz.

Hoping this will help. For my time frame I am still at $250 ish for the week although weeks around me seem to be finding lower rates. I was able to book for $150 at the Dollar location at the Holiday Inn on 535 with return to MCO and they do complimentary pick up from our hotel so if we don't find a better rate we will probably go with that .

Got a great rate on a Van at National for 4/22-29. Used the flying Blue code and the entertainment book code. $268!

Still looking though.

Hoping this will help. For my time frame I am still at $250 ish for the week although weeks around me seem to be finding lower rates. I was able to book for $150 at the Dollar location at the Holiday Inn on 535 with return to MCO and they do complimentary pick up from our hotel so if we don't find a better rate we will probably go with that .

Why not rent at the Dollar Wyndham location that is across the street from DTD. Just take the bus to DTD and it a short 5 minute walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter