• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2013 AP discount watch!

Man, I would love an AP discount at AoA/LM. I'm paying way too much for the two nights I'm booked there. I am at Music pretty cheaply but we really wanted the whole stay at AoA, but there is no way I am paying what Disney is asking for more than two nights.
Here's hoping those AP discounts come out soon. Of course, then I would have to really try to get onto the AP site...which has been impossible for me.

I've actually had a better experience on the new site for Passholders...which is ironic! On the old site I always got the screen to "add a pass." So many people are having trouble with the new one.

I'm new to the board, could someone please tell me more about this discount and what it entails? Thank you.

The AP Discount is for Annual Passholders. They release room only and package discount for people that have Annual Passes, sometimes up to 40% off which is often better than the discounts offered to the general public. They only release them in chunks though...like right now you can only book using an AP discount for stays through March 22nd. We all have April & beyond trips to book, and are waiting for the discounts to be released for those dates.

Welcome to the board!

Was so excited to get an AP email today announcing discounts. Only to be completely bummed when I opened it and it turned out to be the current offer till 03/22. Stop teasing me

Joining in as well :cool1:

I never get the emails :worried: I have my passes registered on the website :confused3

Stinks that there is a March/April discount for FL Residents already but nothing for AP, even FL Res AP holders. :)

Golf4food said:
Stinks that there is a March/April discount for FL Residents already but nothing for AP, even FL Res AP holders. :)

I am interested in what the FL resident deal is - I only see a deal thru march 22. Thx.

Looking for May also...Spoke with CM last weekend and she said it could be early March before a new AP special is released. :confused3

I'm looking for a free dining pin or code. I'm a florida resident but they don't have any free dining deals for April :worried: We are wanting to stay at AOA in the LM room, but the rep said that because its still such a *NEW* resort and limited rooms, they aren't discounting these rooms at all, so a free dining code would be perfect! Hoping something pops up soon!

March?! How is that even possible? We have reservations for April and our bill is due the first week in March! If I have to pay the full price and then find out they release a discount, how fair is that? That doesn't seem right.

When I booked back in September they told me "call back in January, that is usually when the passholder rate is released so we can apply that to your reservation!".

We are currently booked offsite for Easter week. Pretty sure that is where we will end up, but I keep hoping for an AP discount....even with rental car + offsite hotel we are beating Disney values by $30 a day, Easter week prices are crazy non-discounted!

Easter week prices are crazy non-discounted!

I know....and there are still SO many empty rooms. Last year disney just left them empty (thus we were upgraded at both of our resorts!). It will be interesting to see if they do the same this year or if they open up some deals. Hoping for AP....

Waiting....not so patiently :rotfl2:

:dance3:

:surfweb:

I'm there with you.

Air travel booked.
Stroller purchased.
Orlando family notified.
Room? Yet to be determined.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get our family into the Animal Kingdom Lodge this trip. It will be our first encounter with a Deluxe. I want it to be even cheaper than the Spring Room Only discount, though.

C'mon Disney! I want the opportunity to hand over my paycheck! :flower3:

With the AP pass price increase, a discount at a peak time really is the only way I will consider getting another AP. Now I understand it is a bonus and not somethine to count on, however I will need to purchase 4 when this pass runs out and at that price I could pay for an entire trip at a value.

I get the pass to come more often. With this pass we will have gotten three trips out of it, (we purchased before the last increase). The last trip we stayed at the Grand Floridian with a AP discount. It was way more than we usually spend, (one night was rack rate!!!!), but we felt like we were saving money with the discount.

Yes my family will still come to Disney without a discount. But I am willing to spend a lot more money AT Disney with a discount.

I need AP discounts ASAP!!!! ;) I need April and June!!! Come on Disney!!!!! :crazy2::scared::faint:

Booked via current promo but waiting for early June AP rates. It's been awhile since i bought an AP. Need to activate it next trip.

Notice the mousesavers chart indicates that last year the rates for 3/9 to 6/14 were 1st released on 1/9 (exp 2/8) and again on 2/9 (exp 6/14).

Other than trying to challenge the market :bitelip:, wonder why they're so slow to roll AP rates out this year?:confused3

Its out thru June 2nd but not anything better than the spring discount for the resorts/dates I need!!! ARGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter