April 18, 2010 - 4 night Wonder

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear you had a good week. I hope the knee is cooperating and not swelling as much.

Studying is SOOO much fun!! I'm hoping to take the test on 10/10, but we'll see how ready I think I am.

It's only about 45 degrees up here right now, and the heat kicked on for a while this morning. I am really not a cold weather person, but our DS can't wait for it to snow so he can go skiing again. We're probably going out to the ski area this weekend and get his season pass. He usually goes at least 12 - 15 times a season, so the pass works out to be cheaper than paying $45 - $50 every time he goes.

Have a good weekend.

Ed

It's a bit on the cool side here today as well, but it feels great after the hot, humid weather we had the middle of the week. I'm with you, I DON'T like the :cold: weather either.

We just got back from Friendly's(breakfast) and BJ's(food shopping), oh what fun for me. :lmao:

I think I created a monster (ok, maybe two - DW and DS) when I agreed to go on all of these DCL cruises!! Or...... maybe they had the brain implant, or drank the koolaid, when I wasn't looking. :confused3

I just got talked into booking another cruise, before the one in April!! We are going on the 4 night Wonder Thanksgiving cruise leaving 11/25.

Oh well...... at least now they will both stop whining about "what are we going to do at Thanksgiving" (we don't have any family in the area, so it's just the three of us, at home, for the long holiday weekend).

Anyone want to go with us?

I think I created a monster (ok, maybe two - DW and DS) when I agreed to go on all of these DCL cruises!! Or...... maybe they had the brain implant, or drank the koolaid, when I wasn't looking. :confused3

I just got talked into booking another cruise, before the one in April!! We are going on the 4 night Wonder Thanksgiving cruise leaving 11/25.

Oh well...... at least now they will both stop whining about "what are we going to do at Thanksgiving" (we don't have any family in the area, so it's just the three of us, at home, for the long holiday weekend).

Anyone want to go with us?

Oh how I wish we could, it sounds WONDERful, have a WONDERful time Ed!!! ;)

Oh how I wish we could, it sounds WONDERful, have a WONDERful time Ed!!! ;)

Andy,

I wish you could go too!

We've done one Thanksgiving cruise on the Magic, but it was a little stressful because my parents went with us. Since they had never been on a cruise before, we ended up being the "entertainment committee" all week. They aren't going this time around, so we plan on just relaxing for 4 days. I plan on packing a couple of good books and hanging out somewhere near the Cove Cafe all day. Shhhh..... that's a secret..... don't tell anyone where to find me! :rolleyes:

Andy,

I wish you could go too!

We've done one Thanksgiving cruise on the Magic, but it was a little stressful because my parents went with us. Since they had never been on a cruise before, we ended up being the "entertainment committee" all week. They aren't going this time around, so we plan on just relaxing for 4 days. I plan on packing a couple of good books and hanging out somewhere near the Cove Cafe all day. Shhhh..... that's a secret..... don't tell anyone where to find me! :rolleyes:

Your secret is safe with me!!! ;)

Lunchtime is coming to an end, I've got to get back to work. :rolleyes:

I bought our Southwest airline tix at lunchtime today, $79.00 pp each way!!! :thumbsup2

Also paid the extra $10.00 for Early Bird Check-in!!! ;)

I bought our Southwest airline tix at lunchtime today, $79.00 pp each way!!! :thumbsup2

Also paid the extra $10.00 for Early Bird Check-in!!! ;)

$79...... I WISH!!!!! ALL of the airlines are a huge rip off for those of us in New England during the mid-April timeframe. Most of NE (except New Hampshire) has school break the week we're cruising, and New Hampshire is the week after. So..... airline prices are ridiculous those two weeks!! From up here, it is cheaper to travel Easter week than in April. However, whenever Easter is in April they really sock it to us!

I booked us on Southwest, but it was still about $300 pp each way. Jetblue wants about $100 pp more each way and Delta is $200 pp more each way, so Southwest is still cheaper. I will be sooo glad when DS graduates from high school (unfortunately, not until 2013!) so DW and I can travel whenever we want. :cool1:

$79...... I WISH!!!!! ALL of the airlines are a huge rip off for those of us in New England during the mid-April timeframe. Most of NE (except New Hampshire) has school break the week we're cruising, and New Hampshire is the week after. So..... airline prices are ridiculous those two weeks!! From up here, it is cheaper to travel Easter week than in April. However, whenever Easter is in April they really sock it to us!

I booked us on Southwest, but it was still about $300 pp each way. Jetblue wants about $100 pp more each way and Delta is $200 pp more each way, so Southwest is still cheaper. I will be sooo glad when DS graduates from high school (unfortunately, not until 2013!) so DW and I can travel whenever we want. :cool1:

Ouch!!!

I went to book our flight home for Sunday afternoon at the $79 price, but I got kicked off the website, by the time I got back on, the price for the same flight was up to $152. I wound up getting us on a flight home for the $79 price for Saturday morning instead. My DW wasn't very happy about the 8:15am flight time, I told her she could stay home and miss the cruise if she didn't like what I booked, she didn't think that comment was very funny, LOL!!! :rotfl:

My DW wasn't very happy about the 8:15am flight time, I told her she could stay home and miss the cruise if she didn't like what I booked, she didn't think that comment was very funny, LOL!!!

I know my DW wouldn't find that amusing either! However...... I wouldn't like that flight time myself. I ended up booking a 1:45pm flight home on Saturday, instead of the 11:25am, just because I've seen how NUTS things can be at MCO the weekend at the end of the April New England school break. I really had no desire to have to be at the airport by 9:00am, or earlier. I don't remember what month it was, but on one of our trips home from MCO on Southwest, we were in line for over an hour, just to check luggage! Then another 45 minutes, or so, to get through Security.

I know my DW wouldn't find that amusing either! However...... I wouldn't like that flight time myself. I ended up booking a 1:45pm flight home on Saturday, instead of the 11:25am, just because I've seen how NUTS things can be at MCO the weekend at the end of the April New England school break. I really had no desire to have to be at the airport by 9:00am, or earlier. I don't remember what month it was, but on one of our trips home from MCO on Southwest, we were in line for over an hour, just to check luggage! Then another 45 minutes, or so, to get through Security.

We usually check-in with a Red Cap agent at the airport, to me it's worth a couple of bucks per bag in order to get checked in sooner and not have to lug the bags inside. Between my knee replacements, and my DW's hip replacement, the both of us always get pulled off the side going through security, so the time we save checking in, helps with the extra time we take going through security. :rolleyes:

We usually check-in with a Red Cap agent at the airport, to me it's worth a couple of bucks per bag in order to get checked in sooner and not have to lug the bags inside.

I think we'll probably do the same when we fly home next April. I think the time we had such a long wait in line, was not long after 9/11 and they weren't allowing curbside check in. Thankfully, at the end of our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, we're on Jetblue, which is one of the onboard checkin airlines.:cool1:

Well..... I am trying to come out of "zombie mode". I spent about 4 - 5 hours a day, for the past week studying for the real estate exam, and it paid off today, when I passed it on the first attempt! :thumbsup2 I think it's time to celebrate!! :banana:

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!!

I think we'll probably do the same when we fly home next April. I think the time we had such a long wait in line, was not long after 9/11 and they weren't allowing curbside check in. Thankfully, at the end of our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, we're on Jetblue, which is one of the onboard checkin airlines.:cool1:

Well..... I am trying to come out of "zombie mode". I spent about 4 - 5 hours a day, for the past week studying for the real estate exam, and it paid off today, when I passed it on the first attempt! :thumbsup2 I think it's time to celebrate!! :banana:

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!!

Congrats Ed :thumbsup2 I was wondering earlier if you has taken the test yet or not. Now go celebrate!!! ;)

My DD and 3 of her classmates were part of a Women's Health Clinic today. My DD said they were very busy giving "free" 10-15 minute chair massages. When I picked her up, after she was finished at the clinic, I took her to Walgreens to get her annual flu shot. My DD got the very last flu shot the store had in stock. I was going to get one today as well, but my DD needed it more than me as she has asthma. My DW and I are planning on getting our flu shots next Saturday.

Congrats Ed :thumbsup2 I was wondering earlier if you has taken the test yet or not. Now go celebrate!!! ;)

My DD and 3 of her classmates were part of a Women's Health Clinic today. My DD said they were very busy giving "free" 10-15 minute chair massages. When I picked her up, after she was finished at the clinic, I took her to Walgreens to get her annual flu shot. My DD got the very last flu shot the store had in stock. I was going to get one today as well, but my DD needed it more than me as she has asthma. My DW and I are planning on getting our flu shots next Saturday.

Thanks Andy. I did do some celebrating last night and DW and DS surprised me with a triple chocolate cake (choc. cake, dark choc. frosting with white choc. shavings over the frosting). Yummmm.........

My DW and DS got their flu shots about a month ago. I haven't gotten a regular flu shot in many years, ever since the year I got the last one and came down with a case of the flu that almost put me in the hospital. Nope..... that shot didn't work. I may get the swine flu dose, and DS has asthma too, so he will definitely be getting one when it's available.

Is your DW officially engaged yet? It occurred to me that we will need to add that, and my DS's 16th birthday, to our list of things to celebrate while we're on the Wonder!

I think it's time to bring in some firewood and start a nice warm fire. It's only 37 degrees up here, and raining with a chance of snow this afternoon. Definitely not doing any yard work today.

Ed

Thanks Andy. I did do some celebrating last night and DW and DS surprised me with a triple chocolate cake (choc. cake, dark choc. frosting with white choc. shavings over the frosting). Yummmm.........

My DW and DS got their flu shots about a month ago. I haven't gotten a regular flu shot in many years, ever since the year I got the last one and came down with a case of the flu that almost put me in the hospital. Nope..... that shot didn't work. I may get the swine flu dose, and DS has asthma too, so he will definitely be getting one when it's available.

Is your DW officially engaged yet? It occurred to me that we will need to add that, and my DS's 16th birthday, to our list of things to celebrate while we're on the Wonder!

I think it's time to bring in some firewood and start a nice warm fire. It's only 37 degrees up here, and raining with a chance of snow this afternoon. Definitely not doing any yard work today.

Ed

I sure hope you mean did my DD get engaged yet, LOL!!! No, not yet. Bryan won't be back from Oklahoma until December 4th. I'm "thinking" Bryan may propose to Angelina over the holidays, I could be wrong, but that's my guess at this time. ;)

We are also on day number 4 of rainy and chilly (low 40's) weather, this has not helped the arthritis in my knees one little bit. I have strapped a heating pad around my knees a good part of the weekend so far. In fact, I have it on the right knee at this very moment. The heat feels soooooooooooooooo good!!! :thumbsup2

I sure hope you mean did my DD get engaged yet, LOL!!! No, not yet. Bryan won't be back from Oklahoma until December 4th. I'm "thinking" Bryan may propose to Angelina over the holidays, I could be wrong, but that's my guess at this time. ;)

We are also on day number 4 of rainy and chilly (low 40's) weather, this has not helped the arthritis in my knees one little bit. I have strapped a heating pad around my knees a good part of the weekend so far. In fact, I have it on the right knee at this very moment. The heat feels soooooooooooooooo good!!! :thumbsup2

Oooops........ sorry about that!!! Yes, I meant Angelina, not Hazel!!

Time for more coffee........

Hi everyone! Count my family and I in for this cruise! My DH actually won a 4 day cruise from a sweepstakes sponsored by EA Fitness. We're in a cat 9. We are flying down early and staying 3 nights at AS Movies. We're really excited! :cool1:

Hi everyone! Count my family and I in for this cruise! My DH actually won a 4 day cruise from a sweepstakes sponsored by EA Fitness. We're in a cat 9. We are flying down early and staying 3 nights at AS Movies. We're really excited! :cool1:

:welcome: Aboard, happy to have you join our little group!!! :thumbsup2

Uh oh, my coundown clock is missing, it was there the last time I posted, what gives?? :confused3

Thanks! I'm so glad to see other DISers will be cruising with us. We did the 4 day 3 years ago and are looking forward to cruising again. I've seen a lot of "under construction" signs in people signatures. I think theres something wonky going out with the count down tickers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter