April 14,2013 Dream 4 Day...

Let the packing begin.. or at least get the clothes washed and ready..leaving Friday after work..driving to Hilton Head then Saturday we arrive at wdw for some fun then Sunday we cruise.

Have fun at wdw & Hilton Head. :)

My packing has finally progressed to having more items actually in the suitcases than in piles. :teeth:

I would like to get some Bahamian money at Nassau. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way of doing this? :)

I would like to get some Bahamian money at Nassau. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way of doing this? :)

I've been researching this today and so far the best idea I could find was to find a bank near the port to exchange. Most ATM's apparently give US dollars and US money is widely used...it's worth about the same as Bahamian dollars.

I've been researching this today and so far the best idea I could find was to find a bank near the port to exchange. Most ATM's apparently give US dollars and US money is widely used...it's worth about the same as Bahamian dollars.

Thank you. :)

What is everyone bringing for cameras/video cameras? We usually use our phones, and I thought we still could if we keep them on "airplane" mode. But we also have a camera with the zoom lens that we could bring. My husband is worried that we won't use it, and he doesn't want to bring it near the water. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have a small point and shoot that I'll bring. I have a bigger camera with lens that I'm debating on bringing. I always use my phone too for video, but I was thinking about getting a small video camera. I'm not sure yet though.

I'm bring a Canon point and shoot with a 32gb memory card. I'm a picture maniac. My mom is bringing her little video camera. I'll probably use my phone in Port Canaveral so I can do some live updates on Embarkation day.

... and how are you getting there?

We booked the DCL transfer, but I wonder if that's the best choice.

Also, what time can we expect to be at our resort?

Thanks!

Going a little crazy here!! I'm trying to pack for the 4 day cruise PLUS 3 days at WDW. I am feeling very overwhelmed!! :crazy2:

Thanks!

Me!!!!! We are driving down to Coronado springs Saturday and then taking the transfers to the port and then taking the transfers back and then staying at Pop Century from Thursday until Monday. I am also wondering what time we will be back to the resort. I've found different people saying different times. Oh, and I am definitely overwhelmed packing too! lol :faint:

What is everyone bringing for cameras/video cameras? We usually use our phones, and I thought we still could if we keep them on "airplane" mode. But we also have a camera with the zoom lens that we could bring. My husband is worried that we won't use it, and he doesn't want to bring it near the water. Any thoughts? Thanks!
We are "camera people". Always have my 35 mm plus a video camera hanging off my arm. (Plus I'll bring the point and shoot to take the day we go to Atlantis!) It really depends what you think you will use. We love watching video for years after our trips and I like the better quality of the photos I get with my 35 mm.

... and how are you getting there? We booked the DCL transfer, but I wonder if that's the best choice.
Also, what time can we expect to be at our resort? Thanks!
Wish I could tell you but the times we've gone back to WDW from cruising we've had some type of private transport. Depending on how many other resorts you stop at on your way to your final destination, my best guess would be 11:30 am.

Going a little crazy here!! I'm trying to pack for the 4 day cruise PLUS 3 days at WDW. I am feeling very overwhelmed!! :crazy2:
Me too! Actually called in sick to work today (don't tell!):guilty: because I am freaking out about getting packed.

For you new cruisers---something to keep in mind--the night before we disembark, you turn in your packed luggage to your stateroom host. This is so they can begin the customs process and everyone doesn't have to haul their own luggage off the ship (which would take forever). Remember to keep the clothes and stuff you will need to get ready to leave on Thursday morning. You always hear stories of families who packed all of their clothes and had to leave the ship in their PJs. :laughing: We will keep one suitcase with us for all of toiletries and clothes we will need that last morning. (You'll see lots of luggage outside the dining rooms that morning.)

Oh, and I am definitely overwhelmed packing too! lol :faint:

LOL...I think a lot of us are. I'm terrified I'm going to forget something important or not pack enough diapers and wipes!! That would be tragic.

I have managed to get most of our stuff packed. Waiting on an Amazon delivery of diapers but now they're saying it won't be here until next Monday!! What!!?? It was supposed to be here the 12th. Grrrrr. Now I'll have to go buy more.

I'm so excited...here at work, updating one of our virtual images and DISing while that's loading...I'm so distracted.

LOL...I think a lot of us are. I'm terrified I'm going to forget something important or not pack enough diapers and wipes!! That would be tragic.

I have managed to get most of our stuff packed. Waiting on an Amazon delivery of diapers but now they're saying it won't be here until next Monday!! What!!?? It was supposed to be here the 12th. Grrrrr. Now I'll have to go buy more.

I'm so excited...here at work, updating one of our virtual images and DISing while that's loading...I'm so distracted.

Packing for a little one. And extra stressor! Glad those days are over for me--although now that my kids are older, I just have to make sure I've packed and charged every handheld video game known to man!!! Ha. :lmao:

We just have point & shoots, and we bought water proof cases for them for the beach.

Thanks!

We are. :) We have DCL transfers (which were finally fixed today, btw :) ). It depends on how early you get to the buses too - I've read that the later buses wait longer to leave. We originally planned to get off the ship as soon as possible, but Angel decided to eat in the MDR, so with late seating we'll probably end up on one of the last buses.

:hug: I know. ::yes:: We have a week at wdw after. I've packed for 2 weeks at wdw easily, but this combined trip has driven me crazy.

Me!!!!! We are driving down to Coronado springs Saturday and then taking the transfers to the port and then taking the transfers back and then staying at Pop Century from Thursday until Monday. I am also wondering what time we will be back to the resort. I've found different people saying different times. Oh, and I am definitely overwhelmed packing too! lol :faint:

We're at Pop too :)

Me too! Actually called in sick to work today (don't tell!):guilty: because I am freaking out about getting packed.

For you new cruisers---something to keep in mind--the night before we disembark, you turn in your packed luggage to your stateroom host. Remember to keep the clothes and stuff you will need to get ready to leave on Thursday morning. You always hear stories of families who packed all of their clothes and had to leave the ship in their PJs. :laughing:

Bad girl :rotfl:

Thanks for the reminder. I already knew about the luggage pick up, but I can just see me forgetting to leave something important out, I think I'll make a list to take with us.

Yay for being mostly packed. Grrr is right - sorry the diapers may not arrive in time. We often get stuff from Amazon sooner that the dates say, so hopefully they do arrive in time.

Remember to keep the clothes and stuff you will need to get ready to leave on Thursday morning. You always hear stories of families who packed all of their clothes and had to leave the ship in their PJs. :laughing:

haha omg that would be something my family would do. I will definitely have to remember to leave clothes out lol. :rotfl:

We just have point & shoots, and we bought water proof cases for them for the beach.

We are. :) We have DCL transfers (which were finally fixed today, btw :) ). It depends on how early you get to the buses too - I've read that the later buses wait longer to leave. We originally planned to get off the ship as soon as possible, but Angel decided to eat in the MDR, so with late seating we'll probably end up on one of the last buses.

:hug: I know. ::yes:: We have a week at wdw after. I've packed for 2 weeks at wdw easily, but this combined trip has driven me crazy.

We're at Pop too :)

Bad girl :rotfl:

Thanks for the reminder. I already knew about the luggage pick up, but I can just see me forgetting to leave something important out, I think I'll make a list to take with us.

Yay for being mostly packed. Grrr is right - sorry the diapers may not arrive in time. We often get stuff from Amazon sooner that the dates say, so hopefully they do arrive in time.

I love pop! It's my favorite!! =-) Maybe I'll see you there lol

Just remember there IS a laundry on the ship-makes packing a little easier. We went to WDW for 10 days a few years ago and we had just carry-ons on the plane. I only had to do 2 loads of laundry-and I did that while the kids and my husband did pool time. It worked out very well. Good luck! :cool2:

I am feeling way better, I just still have a horrible cough. It doesn't help that it's practically raining pollen lol.

Just getting over the worst cold EVER, too. Now it's a lovely cough. I feel your pain, but hopefully everything will be perfect before we set sail :cloud9:

Leaving in 48 hours and we are not yet packed. Omg...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter