applications are open for the disney credit card

How disappointing! I was thinking I would give this card a chance and then I remembered Universal sent me an application for a Mastercard a few weeks ago.

Here's the link for anyone interested. It's one point for each dollar spent and they give you 1000 points with your first purchase. I used to have a Universal Discover Card and 5000 points got me a free one day pass. Don't know if it's similar or not, but for those who are interested, here's the link.

http://www.metareward.com/s?si=189&ci=2004&og=748

Enjoy!

Originally posted by ScottOKW2K
I just applied for myself and my wife. I hope that the "special promotions" are going to be worth waiting for, because the terms and conditions specified for the account sorta .... suck :( .

This is one card where you better pay off your balance, and pay on time.

Yea...I read 11.something % APR and I can't recall when I had a card that high! Definitely a card to pay off every month, though knowing American nature, Disney will be making big bucks off the interest...so as a shareholder it makes me less annoyed assuming the extra profit doesn't go right into Ei$ner's executive bonus. :)

The 'rewards' aren't that great, but then again, not much different from any other rewards card. As some one said, the 'special' vacation rewards have a greatly diminished value to DVCers, but then again, we're used to be treated like red headed step children when it comes to WDW vacation price breaks. (As we conveniently ignore our high quality lodging at relatively low low prices :) )

Now, if the contracters we will have remodeling our kitchen and replacing our windows and replacing our boiler take credit cards.... :)

-Joe
who thinks the emoticons should be called emoticons and be typed in like this: :-) :)

I think the credit card should not be a replacement of DC. On the other hand, I am glad that I can get 1% of my daily spending towards my disney park ticket. I rarely spend money in Disney store or outside of WDW for disney stuff, so the card bonus is a nice saving towards my every-2-year disney trip.

***Just a word of caution****

Those who have already applied, did you tell them you wanted the DVC member card? In the VM it gives directions for getting the DVC Member emblazoned card. You need to either apply through the member site or call a special number and give them a special passcode. The details, including the codes, are in the VM and the VM is up on the Member Site. I'm using discretion and not posting the exact info here.

I was hoping for at least 2% rebate plus additional discounts. I can use the Discover card and get 1% cash back - cash with a dead Presidents face on it,not a mouse. Oh well, just add it to the collection.

Well I have a point to make. What about all of us schmucks out there that have questionable credit that would like to get the same benefits that the new Visa will give us but will be denied credit? There are ALOT of people out there that can get the Disney Club every year but can't get a credit card to save their lives let alone a platinum card. IMHO there are alot more people out there that cant or won't get a credit card than those who can. I was fortunate to get my credit cleaned up a little and get rid of some of the high rate cards I had and was able to cancel them and get a platinum card from a very reputable bank with a good rate. But then I wanted to try to get a card connected to an airline to try to get more miles and I was turned down based on the same things that got me the other card!

I think that it is very unfair to the people who can afford to go to Disney often but have trouble getting a new credit card.

I already have a BankOne card, can I get the Day 1 benefits as well as the DVC emblem?

Now that I've read the "rewards" I'm even more bummed about DC going away. I used that 10% DC discount at DS and World of Disney alot! Since they were touting this as the DC replacement I was sure hoping they would still have a discount on DS purchases. :(

I'm sure I'll still apply as I don't have a "reward" card.

Hummmm......Let's see. My reward = 1% more for Disney. 12.5% more for Disney if I carry a balance.**

**offer not valid on DVC purchases or annual dues payments.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right now due to there is really no benefits on getting this credit card (except for the 1% cash back which in my opinion not much of a benefit). I have decided not to get this credit card. Unless my Disney credit card converts to this credit card.

Just another credit card.
Big deal, 'Member Since Day One', that and four quarters get you about a buck.

I think the 1% is extremely stingy. This is what is known as co-branded cards and while 1% may be the norm, it is not the rule. My BoatUS card returns 3% of purchases at BoatUs or BoatUs afiliated marinas or merchants.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Andrew

1% is very stingy for a general credit card with limits on the reward. If they give you an enhanced % for spending on Disney merchandise and services, maybe it would be a better deal. Let's take some examples: frequent flier miles are valued at .02 per which is a 2% return on an airline affinity card; GM card is 5% cash back; and, as pointed out, Discover gives you unrestricted cash for their rebate. If you move to hotel affinity cards like Marriott, if you spent $10,000 at Marriott properties using their card, you end up getting 50,000 points PLUS all the points you would normally earn. Indeed, Marriott Rewards Visa would give you 7 nights anywhere in the world and you would still have points left over. If you spent the $10,000 without spending any at Marriott, you would still get 10,000 points which could pay for a category 2 hotel room for one night--probably a lesser value than the $100 reward from Disney, but this is an affinity card that pays off by spending money with the affinity business.

jollymon

my fil has the boatus and he said about 2months ago, boatus is going out of buisness, i told him he better use all his gifts cards, he said he had about 6months before they close. just alittle info for you, i dont know what they will do with the credit card.

Originally posted by Terry S
Thank you so much!!! I just called and they took my application over the phone. They said I should have the card in 3 weeks. Yeaaaa!
So was everyone else who applied by phone given an immediate answer, or told they'd have to wait 30 days like when you apply on the website?

Originally posted by Minybear
Right now due to there is really no benefits on getting this credit card (except for the 1% cash back which in my opinion not much of a benefit). I have decided not to get this credit card. Unless my Disney credit card converts to this credit card.

I think that they will be discontinueing the Disney Credit Card soon. If you follow the links to the old Disney Credit Card Page it directs you to this new Disney Visa card. If they are discontinuing the Disney Credit Card, it would have been nice to have had a little more warning, I think....

DiznEeyore.. Sorry I gave the wrong impression. The women first told me that it would be 30 days. I asked "so I will have my credit card in 30 days"? She then said well you will either get the card or a letter in 30 days but, they have been approving pretty quick and you should hear something around 3 weeks. There was no immediate approval, this is just a company that is taking the applications for Bank One.

What I want to know is did everyone who called on the phone have to listen to the 5 minute speech about all the interest rates and late fees? They gave me this speech, but not my father.

I got the speech too. The person I talked to said she has never had to read so much for a credit card. She had no clue that they would be taking applications yesterday until she came to work. I guess that they wanted to keep it a surprise. I am very interested to see the whole program when the paperwork comes.

Hi, Terry: Thanks for un-confusing me. :teeth:

Yes, dh also got to listen to the speech. The woman who took his info said she's only able to take 4 applications per hour because of the lengthy info they have to share.

Additional benefits . . .

Special Disney Bonus Offers.
"In your statement and online, you'll get special bonus offers that let you earn double, triple or more Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on selected Disney purchases or get more with your reward dollars when you redeem them. As a Cardmember, you'll also receive special bonus offers, such as special deals on vacation packages or merchandise when you use your Disney's Visa® Card. For example, you'll receive a $50 onboard credit when you or your travel agent book a Disney Cruise Line® vacation with your Disney's Visa Credit Card."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter