applications are open for the disney credit card

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by bcvprincesses, Feb 24, 2003.

1. bcvprincesses

bcvprincesses DIS Veteran

Just got off the phone with bank one and today they started taking applications for the new credit card. If you go through www.disneysecret.com or call you are able to apply today. To find out more about the card go to the web site. :Pinkbounc

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. DemoBri1

DemoBri1 Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

bcv,

Are you certain that they are taking applications now, or simply taking down e-mails to alert you as to when you can apply.

We were all under the assumption that the application period was starting on 3/4.

Brian

4. yesdisneyfool

yesdisneyfool <font color=blue>I won't grow up!<br><font color=r

I thought the beginning date would be 3/4? I want the one that says "DVC Member Day 1" (or something like that).

5. Terry S

Terry S <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Thank you so much!!! I just called and they took my application over the phone. They said I should have the card in 3 weeks. Yeaaaa!

The way to get the card to say DVC you need to use the passcode that was provided on the member site as well as in the vacation magic.

6. EmptyNester

EmptyNester Guest

You can apply on-line as of now. The card benefits are listed too!

Just choose an item from the drop down box and it will take you to the FirstUsa website :-)

7. dvc guy

dvc guy DIS Veteran

It up and running. Applied on line took about 5 minutes. Was told that I will get an answer in 30 days by mail.

8. Disney50

Disney50 Livin' La Vida Disney

I also applied online, almost too easy.
    I was a little disapointed to read that you only earn 1% towards Disney orders. Oh well, could be zero.
    My interest is more nostalgia anyway.

9. sheryl0521

sheryl0521 DIS Veteran

Just applied - very easy! Be sure to use that passcode.

Glad to hear the rewards are able to be used towards tickets and merchandise! Those are the two discounts I miss since I let my DC membership expire.

10. Doctor P

Doctor P <font color=navy><font color=navy>Chocolate covere

Now that I have seen it, I am not very impressed. Even with no annual fee, spending $10,000 gets you $100 to be used at Disney. Not real generous, IMHO. Still it is a neat concept.

11. DemoBri1

DemoBri1 Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas

I think the Reward plan is rediculous!! They take away our discounts from the DC for this?? Spend 10,000 to get a $100 Reward to be used toward what? A Pass? This won't even cover the cost of one pass!!!

It would have been more generous of them to do something like the GM card where you earn 5% of your purchases. Then there is some real reward there.

I guess there is one benefit to non-DVC members. The 6 month no interest on vacation packages is kind of a neat deal.

I called the 800 number to ask if there was going to be any specific deals for DVC members, since we have our own special code? The answer I received was that they had no specific information about anything being different for DVC members.

So then my next question would be...why do we have a special code to have Disney Vacation Club member imprinted on the card? I mean doesn't this seem to indicate that we will have some sort of additional benefit??

Brian

12. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

Does anyone have the phone number???? :confused:

Thanx! :cool:

13. Terry S

Terry S <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Maistre Gracey.... just sent you a pm

14. erikthewise

erikthewise Guest

While it may not meet everyone's hopes, a 1% return is entirely in line with what is offered by most other reward cards.

Maybe who call before March 4 will get a card that since "Member since before Day 1"!:rolleyes:

15. sgtdisney

sgtdisney DIS Veteran

I agree that 1% is line with what other cards tend to offer. But Disney has been touting this card as a wonderful REPLACEMENT for the Disney Club Program.. If I spend 200.00 at The Disney Store or the World of Disney Store, I could get 20.00 off with my Disney Club Card. To get 20.00 worth of Disney rewards I will need to charge 2000.00? Doesn't sound like all that wonderful of a replacement to me.:rolleyes: Now, if they had said this Disney Platinum Visa was a wonderful replacement for the current Disney Credit Card, that I could see...

16. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

I just applied too. It is about what I was expecting. The 1% return. I would love it to be more too, but every little bit helps.

DJ

17. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

1% is typical for the reward cards I have too. Remember there is no annual fee. With the AOL Card I have, you have to spend $2,399 for a $23.99 free month. Sears is $2,500 for a $25.00 reward. I'm hoping they will also offer some discounts with the card.

18. patsal

patsal <font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to

Thanks for the heads up, I just applied. The rewards are pretty much what I figured, maybe the "special Promos" will be a good perk.:)

19. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

Okay, I applied. I got off the phone, then realized the lady never took my SS# (I think she didn't, but I could be having a memory lapse). I called back, and talked to a supervisor who said "the application has left the building". I told him about my SS#, and he said if it was missing, they would write me a letter. He said this would not interfere with the "Day 1" thing. I hope he is right.....:mad:

20. ScottOKW2K

ScottOKW2K Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse oper

I just applied for myself and my wife. I hope that the "special promotions" are going to be worth waiting for, because the terms and conditions specified for the account sorta .... suck :( .

This is one card where you better pay off your balance, and pay on time. Two-cycle average daily balance for computing the finance charge, and a variable schedule on the late payment fee aren't very enticing. If the promotions turn out not to be worth the wait, I'll just cancel and keep using my AmEx Platinum cash rebate (1.5%).

21. wdwstar

wdwstar DIS Veteran

hi can someone pm me with the phone # to apply for the disney cedit card?

sorry with alittle research, i found the phone#, thanks !