Appetizers on DxDP

midnightalpha

Disney Fanboy
So, I know that appetizers are included on the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan for lunch/dinner meals, but my question is this: Can one person order a sampler appetizer (for example, the Fritto Misto at Via Napoli at Epcot, or the Awesome Appetizer Adventure at AK) for themself, and the other person order a single appetizer? Or would the sampler (which usually says for two, or serves two) count as both appetizers? Or is it depending on where you go and ask?

I don't know about the specific items you asked about, but there have been times that an appetizer indicates "serves 2", but can be used by one...for example the bread and dips at Sanaa.
Then there are times when a "serves 2" appetizer can't even be ordered by two.
Maybe someone has a comprehensive list. I would just ask when you're there and have an alternate order in mind.

I don't know about the specific items you asked about, but there have been times that an appetizer indicates "serves 2", but can be used by one...for example the bread and dips at Sanaa.
Then there are times when a "serves 2" appetizer can't even be ordered by two.
Maybe someone has a comprehensive list. I would just ask when you're there and have an alternate order in mind.

Yep, we did the DxDP last month and some apps listed as 2 would count as 2 tix and some as 1. I can't remember them all since we did not get those most of the time but I know the Brown Derby Cobb salad is now 1 tix (used to be 2). Raglan Road apps for 2 need 2 tix, so does the Paradiso 37 nachos. California Grill has a couple of sushi dishes that also need 2 tix - the dragon roll and Yoshie's platter. If I think of any others I will post back ;)

We were on the Deluxe Dining plan last year and DH and I EACH ordered the sampler app on the menu. (Our eyes were so much bigger than our bellies) The waiter actually suggested that we do that.

I know I've been able to get appetizers "for two" before when I've had the deluxe plan and been solo.

As others have said, it very much depends on the restaurant. The Disney owned venues are more likely to allow one person to order a "for 2" item, while the non-Disney third party restaurants are reimbursed by Disney according to the rules of the dining plan so they rarely allow it.

When we ordered the Fritto Misto at Via Napoli it required 2 credits. Overall, VN follows the dining plan rules very strictly.

Thanks for all the input. First time with the Deluxe Dining Plan so I was just curious as my friend and I looked through the menus of the places we ADRed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter