AP - Pool Hopping???

Obviously the CM was wrong, but why would anyone think you could pool hop because you have a theme park ticket?? (AP) I know, there is a perk for AP for hotel discount. But the perk of "pool hopping" would be a "perk" of the hotel, not the perk of the ticket........see what I mean??

And Terry...........that is just an incredible example of pool hopping! WoW! I,......I just can't understand......I mean, I think my jaw would have hit the pavement or I'd be laughing my head off. Maybe some mixture of the two (after I had secured my own chair, that is;) ).

And Ok........if you don't want it in "noun" form, then how about "verb" form...............how they acted was trashy. :p :crazy:

Originally posted by professorandmom
Just to add some gasoline to the flames, I do think one source of confusion is that universal actively encourage resort guests to pool hop between their three resorts
Barb
...And that's why we love staying on Universal property!! :) I love Royal Pacific (love the south pacific theme), but my son loves Hard Rock (just a 5 minute walk to the parks), but the kids really love the pool at Portofino Bay! So sometimes, we hop to HRH and PBH, but most of the time we do swim at RPR, very convinient, it's right there, and the pool seems to be warmer there than the other two. Anyway... To add to that...FOTL!! :) ;)

Originally posted by *Fantasia*
...And that's why we love staying on Universal property!! :)

Universal property only has 3 resorts and all are in the same price range, though. That's why they allow pool hopping.

Originally posted by Bojangles
Universal property only has 3 resorts and all are in the same price range, though. That's why they allow pool hopping.
Not only that, but I think this is just another way to promote their resorts to those guests staying on-site. :)

Pool hopping is a DVC perk. I guess if anyone wanted to pool hop they could just buy some DVC points! ;)

I haven't seen any pool hopping listed as a perk on any of the AP info.

I have never considered pool hopping and I don't swim that much. One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to swim with or associate with anybody that would call someone pure trash. I don't know why money makes some people think they're so much better than other people.

This thread was of interest to me because my family and I will be activating Florida Season Passes during our trip in October, so I phoned the consierge at the Poly and asked them their policy.

I spoke with Susan, who was very polite, but very firm when she insisted that AP holders have never been extended pool-hopping privileges and that if that was allowed no hotel could ever guarantee their guests a safe pool experience because the number of guests at a pool per day would be undeterminable. Furthermore she explained (quite reasonably to me) that pools and the lifeguards on duty are established based on the number of reasonable hotel guests and their paries ONLY.

So in a way, pool hopping does not only inconvenience people, it places undo strain on lifeguards who already have their hands full looking out for paying guests.

Passing this along to clear up policy confusion........

Originally posted by penny28380
I have never considered pool hopping and I don't swim that much. One thing I know for sure is that I don't want to swim with or associate with anybody that would call someone pure trash. I don't know why money makes some people think they're so much better than other people.

Ok let me get this straight. Someone calls someone else trash, you dislike that. You in turn talk about that person even to the point of not wanting to swim with them. Then you accuse them of acting this way because of money, which truely you probably do not even know for sure they have money.

Seems like a fine example of pot calling the kettle black.

Personally, I don't think the people who pool hop are anything other than people who want to use something they did not pay for. It makes no difference to me if someone is staying at the Grand Floridian or Pop Century. As a guest you pay for the amenties of staying at that resort. Others don't. It's actually a very simple concept and one I have no idea why people do not understand. It overcrowds the facilities and as someone stated makes it hard to secure with lifeguards. If you see a pool that appeals to you it is available to all by staying there. No one will be turned away if they book a room.

actually when we were at vero they have a good idea..you had to use your room key to get into the pool area.

as far as visiting other pools..some of the ways disney prices their resorts is by the "fanciness" (or lack of a better word) of the pool. so a"better" pool is a perk of paying more. ( personally i don't' swim so i don't care!) that really would not be fair for someone to pay more and not have anything more than what someone who paid less did.

btw we stayed at pop and the pool was cute ( had little flower sprinklers ) and a cute water park area that kids seemed to love so i say, no need to hop, the kids would love that pool and it's within lots of peoples means to stay there ( even us trashy ones. I include myself since i have on occasion stayed at a holiday inn, course i have also stayed at a reniassance ( spelled wrong) so does that make me upper grabage can trash, not sure how that works:rolleyes: ?)

I was just thinking..when I came on these boards, I too innocently asked questions about pool hopping. I don't get to Disney that often; I didn't know about these things. So, I found out. Okay, it's not allowed. BUT, instead of people getting mad at someone about the subject or about their opinion, wouldn't it serve the purpose better if, instead of getting so feisty over the subject, just contacted Disney about your concerns. You can inform someone on the boards who doesn't know if it's okay or not, but then don't start a whole thing about it cauz it just gets ugly. If you feel passionatly about something, go to the source and do something about it. Start making phone calls. Talk to the people who make up the rules like when they put a fence around the SAB. And if the people don't like the fence, then call Disney. People are people, ya know? People are going to be sensitive and have opinions. If a reader answers the question to thier post, then leave it. But if you feel so strongly about something, take action!

Originally posted by thatdarncat
I was just thinking..when I came on these boards, I too innocently asked questions about pool hopping. I don't get to Disney that often; I didn't know about these things. So, I found out. Okay, it's not allowed. BUT, instead of people getting mad at someone about the subject or about their opinion, wouldn't it serve the purpose better if, instead of getting so feisty over the subject, just contacted Disney about your concerns. You can inform someone on the boards who doesn't know if it's okay or not, but then don't start a whole thing about it cauz it just gets ugly. If you feel passionatly about something, go to the source and do something about it. Start making phone calls. Talk to the people who make up the rules like when they put a fence around the SAB. And if the people don't like the fence, then call Disney. People are people, ya know? People are going to be sensitive and have opinions. If a reader answers the question to thier post, then leave it. But if you feel so strongly about something, take action!

Actually I don't think most get upset over anyone wanting information on a subject they are not clear on. However after policy has been stated and you then have some that will try and convince everyone that the policy is wrong, then that is when the trouble begins.

I certainly know many truely do not know the policy. However many do and choose to ignore it. Those are the ones that want to use something they did not pay for. And yes that bothers me. Just as if I paid to go to the movies and someone else slipped in the exit and watched it for free. It bothers me we have become a society where one must be forced to do what is correct.

Well that's what I'm saying. If you don't like something and want to change it, then go to the people that make the rules. For example, maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it. Pool hopping makes most people mad and it's obviously not allowed. I wonder if it would be a good thing if Disney let people know about this when they make their reservations.

"Actually I don't think most get upset over anyone wanting information on a subject they are not clear on. " ------- OOH, and I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I wasn't saying people are mad at this person for asking a question, people get mad about the topic. It's a touchy subject here if you hadn't noticed.. har har (that was a joke).

Well that's what I'm saying. If you don't like something and want to change it, then go to the people that make the rules. For example, maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it. Pool hopping makes most people mad and it's obviously not allowed. I wonder if it would be a good thing if Disney let people know about this when they make their reservations.

There are signs posted at every pool and in the information every guest receives at checkin.

I truely feel that is enough to let everyone know the guidelines. The problem is as I stated, some choose to ignore them until forced to leave.

Then maybe there's no real resolve to this situation. I guess informing people on the boards is sadly all you can do. I just hate to see such a heated argument over it. People getting nasty and all. Sure if it happened to me it would be annoying, but I can think of a bazillion worse things than could happen.

We stayed at Grand Californian in Disneyland last year. You had to have your room key to get in to the pool area. It was a beautiful gated pool. It did not bother me a bit to use our room key.

The posted pool hoppig signs take away from the happy, non- reality experience you get at WDW. It's kind of like when you go to a play and you can see the actors picking thier noses behind the curtain. It takes away from the magic. I want to get away from posted rules! I don't want to pay $200 dollars or more a night only to be reminded that peolpe need posted rules! Put up the gates and call it a day!!!!!

maybe Disney needs to be more clear to the customers about it.

They are crystal clear about it. There are large signs at each pool indicating they are for guests of that resort only.

2002_0818_113627AA.JPG

The rules are also very clear in the resort paperwork they give you upon checking in. I have paperwork from the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs which state the pools are for the exclusive use of guests staying at those particular resorts (listed in the pool information section).

Personally, I don't think the people who pool hop are anything other than people who want to use something they did not pay for. It makes no difference to me if someone is staying at the Grand Floridian or Pop Century. As a guest you pay for the amenties of staying at that resort. Others don't. It's actually a very simple concept and one I have no idea why people do not understand. It overcrowds the facilities and as someone stated makes it hard to secure with lifeguards. If you see a pool that appeals to you it is available to all by staying there. No one will be turned away if they book a room.

Well said. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

My dh's aunt had traveled to WDW many times in the past. But, she hadn't been down for the last 10 years or so. So, obviously a lot of things had changed. We were talking about it and she told me that she always carried a bag with all their bathing suits and towels in it. I asked why and she told me that when they got too hot they just stopped at one of the monorail resorts and took a swim!! When I told her that that activity was not allowed anymore, she said.."Well, we'll see what happens when we try it now." There are signs posted that tell you the pool is for that particular resorts' guests only! DVC pool hoppers do not fill up the pools. They are really a non-issue. But, there are people out there that feel it is their right to be able to use any pool on-site that they wish to. It seems to happen more to the monorail resorts but it does happen to the Epcot ones too. I'm sorry people. I'm not basing my feelings on how much money I have but I have paid for a deluxe resort experience. I resent those that have paid for a value resort and are taking up my pool chaise!!! And yes, it happens. I stayed at AllStarMusic last Dec. Heard several people say.."Let's head out and try out the other resort pools. I hear the Boardwalk has a cool clown slide." Sorry, that's just wrong. Do I police it while I'm there? Of course not. Well, I have been known to say, quietly (well, maybe not so quietly) to my dh that I wonder why so many BW people have all their clothes packed in their beach bags. Wonder why they don't get changed in their rooms!! Now..don't jump on me here. On our last day at BWV last month, we put our clothing in a locker in the health club area, showered and changed there. We showed them our room key and it was fine. So, while I realize that some people go to the pool on their check-out day, they do have changing options other than carrying their clothing in their bags and then changing in a restroom in the lobby!

Then maybe there's no real resolve to this situation. I guess informing people on the boards is sadly all you can do. I just hate to see such a heated argument over it. People getting nasty and all. Sure if it happened to me it would be annoying, but I can think of a bazillion worse things than could happen.

there are lots worse things but that's not what the board is about, it's about wdw not world peace.

however i agree some people are overly sensitve and take everything to be meant as a snide comment which is wrong but i for one get tired of some who know exactly what wdw says about something and still insist it is fine /better to do the opposite! that goes for pool hopping, selling used tickets, using refillable mugs how they are not intended for use, taking lunches into the parks..some things don't effect everyone directly( the lunch issue is a lttle more iffy) but some have a direct impact on others' enjoying something they paid for and threaten the continuence of that program. some people are only asking a simple question but some already know the policy and still insist it is fine to go against it which gets really old.( of course all the while accusing everyone who posts accurate info about it to be the mug pool food whatever police) some dishonest people want to get that privledge for nothing and that ticks people off( sorry but if someone is knowing misusing something for personal gain in a way that the owner( wdw in this case) has asked them not to use it imo that is dishonest much as some don't want to admit that) so sometimes i might post something that ticks someone off cause the truth hurts!.usually i ignore it but sometimes i get tired of hearing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter