AP - Pool Hopping???

DISLOVE

Mouseketeer
I was just talking with a friend about pool hopping. I know that it is very controversial.. BUT... She says that she was told by a CM at CRO that it is completely allowed when you are an AP holder. Supposedly a perk.

I was wondering if others have heard this?

Let me know because I am dying to try the Poly pool! But can't bear to leave the WL for even a night!

Thanks,
Kristy

That's never been identified as a benefit on any of my AP ticket envelopes. I can't imagine that's true.

Sorry no that is not true.

APs get many discounts but not pool hopping priviledge. I think the only ones who do are DVC holders.

We too are AP holders and that is not a perk. Please swim at the WL and save that fantastic Poly pool for the folks that pay for it.

Gosh, it seems like pool hopping is something people really want to do. Perhaps disney should sell a limited number of pool hopping passes, then people could pay for the privledge to swim at any of the pools. Then people wouldn't have to be so protective and mean in posts about pool hopping

princess: Shelly

Originally posted by DISLOVE
I was just talking with a friend about pool hopping. I know that it is very controversial.. BUT... She says that she was told by a CM at CRO that it is completely allowed when you are an AP holder. Supposedly a perk.

I was wondering if others have heard this?

Let me know because I am dying to try the Poly pool! But can't bear to leave the WL for even a night!

Thanks,
Kristy

When you purchase an AP you get a sleeve listing the discounts and perks of having an AP, if pool hopping is on there then have fun, if not your friend either is not shooting straight with you or the CM was not being accurate.

Believe me it is not a perk. Many AP holders do not even stay at Disney resorts.

You mean I could have used my AP to enjoy SAB all these years and never knew it.........nuts ;)

I cant imagine ever even wanting to pool hop, I want to enjoy the resort I stay at, and get into everything it has to offer (the room, lounges, pool, pool bar etc) I cant imagine it being worth it to get ready and go to another hotel just to swim?Thats just my 2 cents though, I have seen so many threads on here about pool hopping I had to interject :teeth:

It really doesnt bother me at all what anyone does as long as noone is getting hurt....

Originally posted by Minky
I cant imagine ever even wanting to pool hop, I want to enjoy the resort I stay at, and get into everything it has to offer (the room, lounges, pool, pool bar etc) I cant imagine it being worth it to get ready and go to another hotel just to swim?Thats just my 2 cents though, I have seen so many threads on here about pool hopping I had to interject :teeth:

It really doesnt bother me at all what anyone does as long as noone is getting hurt....

Actually it does hurt, not physically, when someone that isn't suppposed to be there, is. They take up space, chairs, etc. If I am paying to stay at a resort I really feel it unfair to have to compete for space or chair from someone not. Not only do onsite folks pool hop but offsite do as well. Since we stay at the Poly we see offsite people crashing the pool too. I have also seen a mom and son from WL and a group from the Allstars. Fortunately they have gotten kicked out but it is still ridiculous to have to put up with.

I am sure that the CM you talked to got the AP pass mixed up with DVC membership. DVC members ARE allowed to pool-hop (with a couple of exceptions). There is nothing about pool-hopping for the AP holders, and if they were allowed, I'm sure the same exceptions would apply!

I really did not mean to start another controversial pool hopping thread. I play by the rules and was excited to hear that it might be ok to pool hop.

I must say, though, I'm consistenly amazed at how people get their feathers ruffled over a pool and some chairs. I'm sure that during the peak season space at the pool can be an issue... but I just don't understand what brings on the passion for the issue either way.

I think there is more to this than space. Realistically, if a family of four hops to another pool isn't there a good chance that another family of four (actually staying at the hotel) are out in the parks having fun? Doesn't it all work out in the end?

I get the feeling that for some people, it's more about the money you spend for your room. People staying at the Poly get all defensive if someone from another hotel hop to their pool. Is it because you paid extra for the pool perk and you feel the need to protect it from those who broke their bank to pay for POP?

IMHO, I think we need to leave the policing to disney. They might just have the bigger picture in focus. If there are space issues, they will check for resort guests. Otherwise, they might realize this is a great way to encourage people to stay at the Poly next time.

Phew. I know I'm going to be attacked now. I just feel that it was something I wanted to point out. I hope that we can have some adult conversation about this without the use of digs or insults. If not, I'm sure the thread will be stopped.

It's amazing how people who accurately respond with the rules are labeled as "mean" and are called pool police and morality police.

Your post was the first post in this thread that attacked other posters.

Look in the mirror before you attack others.

Originally posted by shellybaxter
. Then people wouldn't have to be so protective and mean in posts about pool hopping

princess: Shelly

Originally posted by DISLOVE
. Realistically, if a family of four hops to another pool isn't there a good chance that another family of four (actually staying at the hotel) are out in the parks having fun? Doesn't it all work out in the end?

You can't believe that? People hop TO resorts that either have special pools (SAB) or that are near theme parks like the POLY. I have yet to read a post from someone staying at the POLY or BC/YC asking if they could pool hop to the All Stars. Some people have posted that off site guests and locals have been known to pool crash at the value resorts so the problem isn't exclusive to deluxe hotels.

Disney is taking action. They had to go so far as build a fence around SAB and have CM check ids at other pools. They have signs by the pools but that doesn't seem to be enough.
Internet boards in which people seem to be encouraged to pool crash compound the problem.

Some of us think it's a shame that fences and CM checking id is the only way

I would never think to pool hop I always chioose a resort based on the pool. However on our recent trip to Wl the slide was broken and my kids who go to disney all the time and the resaon we booked the hotel wasd for the slide were disappointed so i asked if we could go to the contemporary for a little while and they said no problem.. not sure if that is pool hopping or if that may have confused some cuase we are annual passholders but we did nto hop because we werre passholders we hopped casue the slide was broken....

Originally posted by ruttie
I would never think to pool hop I always chioose a resort based on the pool. However on our recent trip to Wl the slide was broken and my kids who go to disney all the time and the resaon we booked the hotel wasd for the slide were disappointed so i asked if we could go to the contemporary for a little while and they said no problem.. not sure if that is pool hopping or if that may have confused some cuase we are annual passholders but we did nto hop because we werre passholders we hopped casue the slide was broken....

I don't consider that pool hopping because you had permission. I feel as long as anyone has permission than that is fine. The ones that really get me are like the family I saw last year. They came off the boat to the Poly pool, all 10 of them. It was one man, 4 women, and a bunch of kids. They proceeded to try to get 10 chairs. Unfortunately for them I had the last two chairs for my mom and me. DD doesn't get her own chair since she doesn't really need one. Anyone this man kept glaring at me because he wanted my chair. I got up to get another towel and came right back to see that he was taking my stuff off the chair! If you are familiar with the Poly pool you will realize that the towels are literally everywhere so I was not gone but for 30 seconds. When I confronted him he was not happy. He then let one of his little girls wear an adult one piece bathing suit. It was obscene since it hung on her had you could see everything. Obviously they weren't prepared for swimming. He ended up telling another man that was across from him that he and his family were staying at the Holiday Inn and were really hot in the MK and decided to hop over to the pool to cool off. This family was pure trash! I was livid but contrary to popular pool police mythology I DID NOT report anyone. I leave that to the guards. Well anyway someone must have either reported them or just because they were so obvious that the lifguard came over and kicked them out of the pool. That actually made my day.

I'm sad and disturbed to read that there are adults out there
who call other human beings "pure trash". It's scary that someone things that they are so supreme that they could think,
even for a moment, that it is okay to say such an awful thing.

I'm hoping and praying that your children will grow beyond your
the lessons you teach.

Just to add some gasoline to the flames, I do think one source of confusion is that universal actively encourage resort guests to pool hop between their three resorts
Barb

what if, very simply, each pool was gated? That way, children who are walking around the resort are not tempted to jump in the water without mom and dad, and the only way to get into the pool gate, would be to use your room key and the gate would open! I know many hotels that you have to use your room key to get ice, come in side doors and various other things! I would imagine this would not be an inconvenice because you have your room key when you go to the pool.

I do understand the desire to try other pools, especially since the hotels we pick, we usually base them on the type of pool they have, but we always look at pictures, and I would REALLY be put out if the resort I paid money to stay at, had no chairs because of pool hoppers!

I however, would be willing to pay for a pool hopping pass!! just like a hopper pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter