AP Days | February 10 - March 9

Do they change the characters each week? So it will be Friar Tuck and Robin Hood until next Friday? I am *really* hoping the seven dwarves (or at least some of them) will be meeting during the week we will be there. I figure they have the costumes for the Main Street Electrical Parade on hand so....

Do they change the characters each week? So it will be Friar Tuck and Robin Hood until next Friday? I am *really* hoping the seven dwarves (or at least some of them) will be meeting during the week we will be there. I figure they have the costumes for the Main Street Electrical Parade on hand so....

The characters did change each week during the AP days last week. I also saw a picture someone took of a weekly character schedule for the last time, but I haven't heard anything specific about this time.

All of the Seven Dwarves would be awesome!!

I just looked on Twitter again and saw a picture of Prince John and the Sheriff of Nottingham. I am wondering if they are switching off with Robin Hood and Friar Tuck.

Did anyone catch if there will be reduced parking during the AP days like last time?....popcorn::

I went yesterday and it's great to meet Robin Hood and Friar Tuck again, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham.

I went yesterday and it's great to meet Robin Hood and Friar Tuck again, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet Prince John and Sheriff of Nottingham.

Yay!! Finally someone with first hand experience! :)

Are you allowed to get FastPasses to meet both groups of characters?

Do you know if the characters are signing autographs? I know they did not during last year's AP Days, but I thought I saw a video that might have looked like they were.

Are there any indications of the characters for the upcoming weeks?

Thank you!!

Yay!! Finally someone with first hand experience! :)

Are you allowed to get FastPasses to meet both groups of characters?

Do you know if the characters are signing autographs? I know they did not during last year's AP Days, but I thought I saw a video that might have looked like they were.

Are there any indications of the characters for the upcoming weeks?

Thank you!!
Yes, you get a fastpass for meeting a character. However, autographs are not allowed. I've heard Country Bears might be next in a couple a weeks.

I have to be honest, but I'm very disappointed on AP Days. The line was soooooooo long to get in. And when they say rare characters, I thought they met bringing a few groups of rare characters not one group of rare characters. They need to do better than that. What they did on the former Festival Arena/Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree was marvelous, but now it got replace to Star Wars Land. I know we lost BTHJ, but come on, there other places to put for rare characters like the Small World Mall, but looks like the executives don't even care because they're too greedy.

Last edited:
No, they discontinued the character events at BTR long before SW land. It was part of an annual theme that ended. Period.

If you don't like the lines, arrive first.

Just because Disney doesn't prioritize what you want them to doesn't mean that they are greedy. There are plenty of character opportunities and they rotate characters, offer seasonal characters, etc. It is not the few specific characters that you want on the days that you are there, but there are a few dozen available every day.

No, they discontinued the character events at BTR long before SW land. It was part of an annual theme that ended. Period.

If you don't like the lines, arrive first.

Just because Disney doesn't prioritize what you want them to doesn't mean that they are greedy. There are plenty of character opportunities and they rotate characters, offer seasonal characters, etc. It is not the few specific characters that you want on the days that you are there, but there are a few dozen available every day.
I'm sorry. And You're right, I should of arrive early as I did last year. But I wish Disneyland should do better than that.

Last edited:
We went Saturday, got in line around 11:15 (I think it started at 11) and it took about an hour to get in. The line to buy merchandise is first on the right, looked a little long but only took a few minutes. On the left is a MSEP backdrop with a PhotoPass photog. Next to the merchandise is the person with FastPasses for the character pictures. You get a return time, ours was about an hour and a half out, but you can leave the area and come back at the door so you don't stand in the long line again. There is the usual coloring area, a phone charging area, an area with couches and a few tables where they were doing an artist signing with the guy who did the AP Days MSEP artwork.

The characters were Robin Hood and Little John, Prince John and Sheriff, Maid Marion and Lady Cluck. Not sure how often they switch. The first time we went in it was Robin Hood, came back for our Fast Pass and Robin and John were just leaving, they took about a 5-10 minute break and came back out. When we went past again after HSM at about 5:30 Prince John and Sheriff were there. I never saw Marion and Cluck but I saw pictures of them from others.

I saw pictures from yesterday and (I think) this morning, and it seems the Robin Hood characters are still the special meet and greets? Shouldn't they have changed yesterday?

I saw pictures from yesterday and (I think) this morning, and it seems the Robin Hood characters are still the special meet and greets? Shouldn't they have changed yesterday?

It's the same set of characters for two weeks, just the timing changed.

They switched the set order yesterday, so it was the sheriff and prince in the morning and Robin Hood/Friar Tuck didn't come out until 3:00. That's the reverse of the week before, and it was a bummer for us because we went early so my daughter could meet Robin Hood. Oh well. Hopefully we can get there one afternoon before Thursday. New characters come Friday.

The CM said they'll do the same think with the next set of characters - an AM set and a PM set, which will switch off on the Friday in the middle.

As for the AP merchandise, the shirts and pins were all gone as of yesterday, but they said they are re-printing shirts. The CM I spoke to about THAT said he heard they'd be in "soon," as in within a couple of days, but he said that's just a rumor. He said no more pins.

It's Robin Hood for 2 weeks and then Country Bears for 2 weeks. During the Fall AP Days they also only had 2 sets of characters with each staying 2 weeks.

Jolly Holiday and Refreshment Corner CMs announced that the week 2 recipe cards are gone already (which I find hard to believe given that week 2 just started yesterday). Most likely the heavy rain yesterday interfered with deliveries and the cards should show up at those locations soon.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter