Anyone with experience in putting a dog or cat at a kennel?

I guess being in a large metro area has it's advantages. We have multiple options of local pet resorts, pet sitting services that come to your home, regular kennels, and the vet's office.

When it comes down to it though, I worry more about our Asian Firebellied Toads than I do the cats and the Chihuahuas. The cats have a pet door and come and go as they please with the exception of the kitten, but we hope that she will be big enough to have ventured outside with the other kitties by then. The Chihuahuas are coming with us and staying with their Aunt Launda in DeLand. We will stock the Toads, Fred and Don't Die aka Double D, with plenty of crickets and fresh water. I worry more about the toads because they could get too cold or too dry or too hungry and die. The cats will be fine with lots of food bowls and fresh water with the emergency back up toilet bowl water. lol The dogs will be spoiled beyond belief with Launda and Tom. We are really lucky. Mickey

Snowysmom, I think you are right. It is the guilt thing. I hate to leave her alone. Especially since she is still a puppy. It's probably a good idea though to start when she is young. I guess it is because she is so attached to the family I am afraid that she will not handle it well. (Never boarded our first dog, but he didn't like being with other dogs - loved people though) I had a long talk with the staff at the vet's office. They reassured me that she is very "social" and really likes being around other dogs (she stayed overnite when she was spayed). The only thing I worry about is her getting enough exercise. The vet promised me they would make sure that she did. I'm sure she will do fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter