Anyone win with the JCPenney button code?

Did anyone else find the hidden penguin button at their local JCP this morning? I found the one at my JCP. It was on a mannequin at the front of the store underneath the puffy jacket it had on (pinned to the sweater).

I can now say I have a complete set of buttons!! :thumbsup2

My brother found it at our JcP today. My 9 year old so wanted it as she has been collecting all the buttons

bpesch said:
The certificates say "one per transaction" which I interpreted as meaning you could only use one at a time, so I never even tried to stack them. It does seem that it depends on the cashier you get though.

I have been able to stack as many 4 of the same like amount. I haven't tried any more than 4 or different amounts.

I spent the last of my cash today! This morning I ran out of buttons and my store is out too. Altogether I won exactly 200 all in mostly 10s and a few 5s. I kept track of everything I bought and any extra I spend. I spent exactly 50 of my own money. So I got 250 worth of stuff for 50!! I LOVED this promotion and hope they do it again next year :)

I spent the last of my cash today! This morning I ran out of buttons and my store is out too. Altogether I won exactly 200 all in mostly 10s and a few 5s. I kept track of everything I bought and any extra I spend. I spent exactly 50 of my own money. So I got 250 worth of stuff for 50!! I LOVED this promotion and hope they do it again next year :)

We're you able to stack any certificates? Or did you have to buy like 20 small items? I have 24 certs, I think. Made up of tens and fives pretty evenly. Not sure how I will find 24 5-10 dollar items....

I have really enjoyed this promotion and did spend $95 so far on some great deals!

We're you able to stack any certificates? Or did you have to buy like 20 small items? I have 24 certs, I think. Made up of tens and fives pretty evenly. Not sure how I will find 24 5-10 dollar items....

I have really enjoyed this promotion and did spend $95 so far on some great deals!

My store is out of most $5 items but I do have a smaller store. The good thing is that shorts are now out at my store and my daughter loves basketball shorts so we will use the rest of the certificates after Christmas and get her some shorts for soccer and that.

I didn't stack them, but I had no problem finding 5-10 items. I did a lot of the fleece pj pants that were 5-6 and also the packs of ghiradelli chocolates were 5. For 10 I got lots of shirts/hoodies. I also got random things packages of fun socks. I found DD 3 really cute dresses that were on clearance for 15, so I paid 5 each for them.

When I purchased shoes in the shoe dept the cashier said I could stack what ever I wanted. A few days later the cashier at the front said I could not stack any so I said fine I will just go back to shoes so they can do it and they said like amounts at that time and I had 3 $5's so no problem. Like WDW it depends on the cm.:badpc:

Did anyone else find the hidden penguin button at their local JCP this morning? I found the one at my JCP. It was on a mannequin at the front of the store underneath the puffy jacket it had on (pinned to the sweater).

I can now say I have a complete set of buttons!! :thumbsup2

I wish I had known about this sooner. I would have loved to have had that penquin button... Sad thing is- I was in Jcpenney Saturday morning at 8:00am to drop off my ring, because one my prongs was broken.:confused3

I wish I had known about this sooner. I would have loved to have had that penquin button... Sad thing is- I was in Jcpenney Saturday morning at 8:00am to drop off my ring, because one my prongs was broken.:confused3

Some of the stores still had their penguin pins late Saturday night and even on Sunday. I really wish they would've done more than 1 per store but I am till thankful that Penneys offered this whole promotion. It really helped with Christmas this year.

I've won several $5 and $10 certificates, but nothing bigger. I did end up with one already used button.

One thing I did find out that early in the promotion, I was getting a certificate from one out of every 2 or 3 buttons I entered. As it got closer to the end of the promotion, the frequency of the winning buttons dropped dramatically. A couple of days ago I had one winner out of 15 buttons. Made me think that it may not be the button code itself that is winning, but randomly generated winning emails. So the closer they get to the end, the less prizes are left and the less chance of any button being a winner. Don't know if it's true or not, just a thought.

I entered two winners this morning! And had YET to win (not that I had entered a lot of buttons though, maybe just 5 towards the beginning of the promotion).

Went by my local JcPenny store this morning and found the penguin pin!!!! When I asked an associate if anyone had found it yet- she said no and I was the first one to ask about it. She told me to go look for a manquin near the front of the store, with a red jacket- I found it in 5 minutes. YAY!!!!

Went by my local JcPenny store this morning and found the penguin pin!!!! When I asked an associate if anyone had found it yet- she said no and I was the first one to ask about it. She told me to go look for a manquin near the front of the store, with a red jacket- I found it in 5 minutes. YAY!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! :cool1:

I helped a little boy find the one in my store. He is one of my former students, a little boy with brittle bone disease. He had been collecting the buttons, and stopped by my counter to say hi and ask if we had any more buttons. I told him to cross his fingers and make a wish(I knew the penguin button was still there). He wheeled over to the mannequin in his wheelchair, and I told him the last clue. I said "look up!", and the look on his face when he saw the penguin button:goodvibes. He was so excited!

Kteacher, do any of the store still have buttons? I'd like to get the last 2 I wanted.
I want the reindeer with the wreath around his neck and the santa that is the first one in 4th row from the bottom.

JCPenney-buttons.jpg

I will check. Our store is officially out, but there may be some random buttons behind the registers.

Remember to use your holiday gift certificates by 12/31. There are some great clearance deals in the store right now.

Well., as of last night I finally used all of my $5 and $10 certificates. We had about $400 over the past few weeks. jCP Really saved Christmas for us this year. Particularly like the great clearance prices of $2 on most kids clothes!

Kteacher, do any of the store still have buttons? I'd like to get the last 2 I wanted.
I want the reindeer with the wreath around his neck and the santa that is the first one in 4th row from the bottom.

JCPenney-buttons.jpg

I don't have the reindeer - he is so cute! - but I do have that Santa. I'd be happy to send it to you if you still need it. I have several but never came close enough to completing a set.

BernardandMissBianca said:

I was able to get all 50 with a few doubles, I have an extra reindeer if you want me to send to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter