Anyone willing to share Music List for Marathon Weekend?

Thanks for the reply. I won't feel like a "rule breaker" for bringing mine.

And, thanks for the welcome.

bumping this up for all new WISHers who are looking for workout playlists. A lot of these songs will really put you in the mood to move! :goodvibes: :cool1: :banana:

I don't use my iPod in the Half but am thinking of getting that new clip-on Shuffle for the Full next year so thanks for bumping this up.

Since I don't currently use mine for the races and only training I have a mix of just those that I like but thought I'd share a couple of my fave energy boosters...

Reflections of Earth (Illuminations) I love the beginning and the faster pace sections. Pretty good when I'm on the ellipitical plus sometimes I listen to the beginning and when the beat slows I move to another song. Better for training for me than for a race but Susan has it on her mp3 and uses it during the half when she needs the boost. She listened to it as she entered Epcot in 2006 and was in heaven :)

I recently added Cup of Life by Ricky Martin

UNWRITEN!!!! it's my FAVE after all our books are unwritten and we're all reaching for something in the distance ;) It's by Natasha Bedingfield

Miracle Fingers by Off Kilter (Disney band)
Hawaiian Roller coaster - Lilo & Stitch

We Go On - though I won't use it in the race for fear I'd cry LOL (Illuminations) I tend to think of the group and the races as a whole when hearing this song.

This is how a heart breaks - Rob thomas
He Mele no Lilo - Lilo & Stitch
Run Run Away - Off Kilter
Welcome Medley - Epcot (seems to be a fave here with the group LOL)

These would be the songs that get the most use when I'm training.

Move Along by All America Rejects! Whenever I hear that driving to/from work I think of that being a good song! Thanks for posting that I needed the reminder to add it to my list and since I don't own Hercules or Mulan's soundtracks never thought of I'll make a Man out of your or Go the Distance! Those are great! THANKS!!!!

Let's see, some of my favs:

Cup of Life--Ricky Martin
Before he Cheats--Carrie Underwood
Guys do it All the Time--Mindy McCready
WElcome to the Jungle--Guns and Roses
Pour some Sugar on me--
Wherever we Go--Newsboys
Waiting for Daylight--Rascal Flatts
Black Horse and hte Cherry Tree--KD Tunstall
Hips Don't Lie--Shakira
Mirror--Superchick
Mr Brownstone--guns and roses
Fight for Your Right--beastie Boys
Jump Around--House of Pain
This One's for the Girls--Martina McBride
Run--Kutless

DianeL--I LOVE my shuffle!!:love: It's great for those long runs!

Oh man - I need to add some GnR!!!

If only the ex-BIL didn't steal my GnR CD years ago (along with many others!). :rolleyes:

Great topic! I frequently run to the "Rent" soundtrack. I'm surprised at all the other people who do as well! Some of my other favorites:

Here It Goes Again (OK Go)
Pump It (Black Eyed Peas)
Suddenly I See (KD Tunstall)
Zoot Suit Riot (Cherry Poppin' Daddies)
Almost (Bowling for Soup)
Wordplay (Jason Mraz)

I had the greatest time on the TM this morning, and thought of you all and wanted to share more good songs.
Jacky Don Tucker by Toby Keith from the Broken Bridges soundtrack
If You're Going through Hell (Rodney Adkins)
Once in a Lifetime -- Keith Urban
Life is a Highway -- Rascal Flatts from Cars soundtrack
Maniac -- Michael Sambello from Flashdance Soundtrack
Dragostea Din Tei by O-zone (european techno/dance -- very "up")
One by Scooter -- more european techno/dance
Toxic -- Brittney Spears
Me & My Gang -- Rascall Flats
This is My Time -- Raven (from Ice Princess)
Right Now -- Van Halen
Nessaja -- Scooter
Reach - -Caleigh Peters (ice princess)
Call Me When You're Sober -- Evanescence
Wake Me Up Inside -- Evanescence
Epcot Entrance Medley
Hey Ya! -- Outkast
It's Raining Men - Weather Girls

Okay, I won't bore you with the WHOLE list. I hope those give you some ideas. :goodvibes:

Good morning!
I am so, so sorry that I was too shy to introduce myself during the Marathon weekend. I'll do better next year, I promise.

My W.I.S.H. shirt is amazingly bright! I wore it on a Pittsburgh evening run this winter (dreary as can be) and my husband said I was glowing like a beacon!:goodvibes Thanks for that!!

My 3 favorite running songs are:
The Middle Jimmy Eat World
Here She Comes U2
Marathon Rush
I have lots more on my MP# player, but I make sure I hit those 3 on every run.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread--it's fun!
Take care,
Katie:)

So happy to see this thread today. Thank you for sharing gome great tunes!:cool1:

I also enjoy: Walking on Broken Glass Annie Lennox
Let the River Run Carly Simon (I think)

As many of you know, I have an, umm, obsession, with the Goo Goo Dolls. Most of their earlier stuff & non-radio hits are very much rockin' and are great for working out!

Long Way Down (because any race is a 'long way')

Only One

Slave Girl (Awesome beat!!!!)

Dizzy (again, great beat & I just love this song!)

January Friend (rockin' Robby song - also the WDW marathons are our 'friend' in January)

Big Machine (great beat)

Ok, so maybe they aren't really 'running-related,' but they are great songs all the same! :cool1:

A couple really cheesy ones to make you laugh (but also keep you moving):

Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch (I love my Marky Mark!)

Ice, Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred

Bye Bye Bye - NSYNC

Oh man - I need to add some GnR!!!

If only the ex-BIL didn't steal my GnR CD years ago (along with many others!). :rolleyes:

I have "Welcome to the Jungle", Sweet Child o' Mine", "You Could Be Mine", and "November Rain" on my MP3.

I tend to go for harder music, but I do have a wide range of songs that I listen to.
If you look up Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil, I have most songs from that album. Other tracks include:
"Open Your Eyes" - Alter Bridge
"Alive" - Godsmack
"Crazy" - Gnarles Barkely
"Whever You Will Go" - The Calling
"Jump Around" - House of Pain
"Come With Me" - Puff Daddy
"DOA", "Everlong", and "Best of You" - Foo Fighters
"Upside Down" - Diana Ross
"Dream Warriors" - Dokken
"Let's Groove Tonight" - Earth Wind and Fire
"Stay with you", "Better Days", "I'm Still Here" by the Goo Goo Dolls (okay so the last one is officially done by John Rzeznik , lead singer for Goo Goo Dolls, it's on the Treasure Planet CD)

Andrew

"Stay with you", "Better Days", "I'm Still Here" by the Goo Goo Dolls (okay so the last one is officially done by John Rzeznik , lead singer for Goo Goo Dolls, it's on the Treasure Planet CD)
And what could be better than Johnny Goo and Disney?
NOTHING!!! :love:

Now, why the heck don't I have that on my mp3 player...weird!

I discovered yesterday that I can really get into some hip-hop for running. I was watching "Step Up" on my video ipod at the gym on the TM and loved running to "step up," "show me the money" and "til the dawn" I also found that evanescence's "call me when you're sober" has a great running beat.

The BEST song of all is "Jacky Don Tucker" by Toby Keith -- if you haven't heard it, it is a great way to motivate to run for 3 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter