• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone want to share their conceirge experience on the magic

Did you have an issue or good experiences renee123? We are sailing later this month and am interested in your experience.

Did you have an issue or good experiences renee123? We are sailing later this month and am interested in your experience.

Honestly I wasn't all that impression with the concierge team. We requested a few things, some that I knew wouldn't be granted but what the heck. For example, when my daughter got sick and we couldn't go to Palo I asked for it to be delivered to my room and she said no. I also asked for our Alice tickets to be changed for the same reason...totally booked for the next opening so no tickets.

There were also a couple I things I didn't ask for but expected from things I read on here. For example, a choice for what surprises to be delivered to the room, a golf cart directly from the ship to the cabanas, hot breakfast to the room. I did make a call about the breakfast on the second day and the following morning she left the menu. She did not leave any menus for lunch.

My concierge was also not very easy to reach. She didn't return call phones so I would just call till I got in touch. The day we were suppose to get a private tender to cayman I left a message and then called again 15 minutes later. She didn't even say "oh, i was meaning to call you back." We never saw her on the ship other than her visit to my cabin every evening.

I don't want to sound like I'm totally knocking her because she did do some things and maybe I just expected too much. She did get us new Palo reservations (but made a mistake and only made it for 2 instead of 4), send a birthday card to my friend cruising in another cabin and offered the original Alice tickets.

I have to say I would still book concierge again for the cabin alone. It was fantastic! I also loved making dinner delivered from the restaurant menus.

Well, I would be disappointed with that experience too. We also booked mainly for the cabin and also the ability to book all of our excursions/Palo meals in advance. However, from reading the boards here, we are looking forward to the extra service and perks. We aren't sure exactly what to expect.
Thank you for your letting us know about your experience.

Well, I would be disappointed with that experience too. We also booked mainly for the cabin and also the ability to book all of our excursions/Palo meals in advance. However, from reading the boards here, we are looking forward to the extra service and perks. We aren't sure exactly what to expect.
Thank you for your letting us know about your experience.

Off shore concierge was great for booking Palo and a Cabana. If you want either I would call them right away. It was no problem getting either. On board concierge did ask us if we wanted additional Palo reservations at the welcome reception so you can likely make them on the ship as well. I do want to mention another favor on-board concierge granted. There was a reception in the afternoon for concierge guests only. I was traveling with a family who had a regular statement. My husband called our concierge and asked if it was ok to bring other family. She said it was really not ever allowed but she would see their names were added to the list. Believe me, there was no list. It wasn't like we were "checked into" the event. I just asked to bring them because I didn't want the embarassment of being turned away.

Honestly I wasn't all that impression with the concierge team. We requested a few things, some that I knew wouldn't be granted but what the heck. For example, when my daughter got sick and we couldn't go to Palo I asked for it to be delivered to my room and she said no.

I'm surprised by that, we just got off the ship last week. Now we did not have so to speak concierge service but it was our 11 cruise with Disney so we got alot of concierge perks.
My DD was sick on the day we were to have our Palo brunch, we canceled to stay with her in the infirmary. Guest services called me and ask if I want anything and told me I could order food from any of the resturants even Palo, they would pay for it. I didn't but it was nice to have to option.

Honestly I wasn't all that impression with the concierge team. We requested a few things, some that I knew wouldn't be granted but what the heck. For example, when my daughter got sick and we couldn't go to Palo I asked for it to be delivered to my room and she said no.

I'm surprised by that, we just got off the ship last week. Now we did not have so to speak concierge service but it was our 11 cruise with Disney so we got alot of concierge perks.
My DD was sick on the day we were to have our Palo brunch, we canceled to stay with her in the infirmary. Guest services called me and ask if I want anything and told me I could order food from any of the resturants even Palo, they would pay for it. I didn't but it was nice to have to option.

We are just off the Wonder and were also underwhelmed by the Concierge benefits. So were the family we sat next to at the Concierge reception. I see they are adding new perks for the Concierge on the new ships like concierge sundeck and lounge. Maybe this is because people are not impressed by the perks on the classic ship. :confused3

For example, the benefit of being able to order room service from the dining rooms to the suites sounded very good to us. However, when we tried to use this, we discovered that we still were expected to order from the restaurant[we would have eaten in that night AND at the same time we would have been ordering in the dining room. Since we wanted to eat earlier than our late dining time, this did not help us at all and was very disappointing. This was much more restricted than we had been lead to believe.

We were also disappointed that our dinner seating time could not be changed for the entire cruise.

Wow. Now I'm really disappointed. Our concerige told us no way to have palo sent to the room. She said if she did it for us she would have to do it for everyone. Sorry your daughter was sick.

We are just off the Wonder and were also underwhelmed by the Concierge benefits. So were the family we sat next to at the Concierge reception. I see they are adding new perks for the Concierge on the new ships like concierge sundeck and lounge. Maybe this is because people are not impressed by the perks on the classic ship. :confused3

For example, the benefit of being able to order room service from the dining rooms to the suites sounded very good to us. However, when we tried to use this, we discovered that we still were expected to order from the restaurant[we would have eaten in that night AND at the same time we would have been ordering in the dining room. Since we wanted to eat earlier than our late dining time, this did not help us at all and was very disappointing. This was much more restricted than we had been lead to believe.

We were also disappointed that our dinner seating time could not be changed for the entire cruise.
Same here, we could only order from the restaurant we were to have dinner at that night. We could order between two time slots though. I think it was 6:30 to 7:15 and 8:00 to 8:45. I wonder if it's the concierge that calls the shots or it's the ships rules. Are there some that are just willing to go the extra mile? I felt that she always came to room with a "can do" additude but then when I had a request she was hard to even get hold of.
Can I ask you what you tipped your concierge? I feel I still tipped her decently but I think I'm a pretty generous tipper so if the service was better I would have compensate her much more!
I think if she had any idea what I had been tipping room service and our favorite bartender she would have been a little more attentive!

I'm honestly surprised at some of your experiences; others I would expect.

Alice tickets--the concierge held tickets till the end of the first day. Any tickets that were unused at that time were made available to the rest of the guests. I'm sorry that your daughter was sick, but there is no way they could make available non-existent tickets. She might have offered that if anyone turned in tickets, she'd forward them your way.

Dinner--there are limited hours that you can order, but there are a couple of slots (usually). On signature nights, you should be able to order from any of the signature menus. On themed nights, there is only one menu which is served in all the main dining rooms.

Private tender? I thought it was priority tender (as in the first one if you wanted it)--provided it wasn't being used for a medical or security evacuation

Reality seems to be that on the classic ships, the rooms are the reason to book a suite. The concierge perks are not all that impressive. On the new ships you have the lounge with someone in there (able to be reached) all the time. The lounge and the sundeck are added perks.

One thing that did surprise me--on our December cruise we were not in concierge. I saw each of the concierges a few times, but kept seeing one of them A LOT...and not on the 8th floor. I actually started to wonder what she was doing as we'd never seen anyone running all over like this.

One thing that did surprise me--on our December cruise we were not in concierge. I saw each of the concierges a few times, but kept seeing one of them A LOT...and not on the 8th floor. I actually started to wonder what she was doing as we'd never seen anyone running all over like this.

On our recent cruise, the Concierge CM was leaving for the Fantasy and training his replacement. The replacement seemed very eager and friendly and helpful. On the last day the kids were starving and we had hours until our (late) dinner. I just could not face giving them hot dogs again, but the room service line was not being answered. So, I called Concierge (normally I can order my own room service, even if they don't want you to.) The new replacement Con guy (Mike) showed up with the cheese trays himself just a couple minutes later. That did impress me and I am sure he is trying hard to impress the guests this week, his first week as the official Concierge CM.

I'm honestly surprised at some of your experiences; others I would expect.

Alice tickets--the concierge held tickets till the end of the first day. Any tickets that were unused at that time were made available to the rest of the guests. I'm sorry that your daughter was sick, but there is no way they could make available non-existent tickets. She might have offered that if anyone turned in tickets, she'd forward them your way.

Dinner--there are limited hours that you can order, but there are a couple of slots (usually). On signature nights, you should be able to order from any of the signature menus. On themed nights, there is only one menu which is served in all the main dining rooms.

Private tender? I thought it was priority tender (as in the first one if you wanted it)--provided it wasn't being used for a medical or security evacuation

Reality seems to be that on the classic ships, the rooms are the reason to book a suite. The concierge perks are not all that impressive. On the new ships you have the lounge with someone in there (able to be reached) all the time. The lounge and the sundeck are added perks.

Sorry, I meant priority tender. The night before she told us to call her right before we were ready in the am and she would be right up to take us down. I left a message and then had to call again. I think the nights we ordered room service it was a theme night (semi and formal) so bringing us one menu seems like the standard then.

Sorry, I meant priority tender. The night before she told us to call her right before we were ready in the am and she would be right up to take us down. I left a message and then had to call again.
I think the nights we ordered room service it was a theme night (semi and formal) so bringing us one menu seems like the standard then.

If you ordered room service on formal or semi formal night, the same menu would have been served in all 3 dining rooms on that night. Thus, the "enhanced" room service in concierge would offer you only that menu. Sorry, but you can only get the food that is being prepared in the main kitchens. SO, this experience totally makes sense.

Needing to call twice for the priority tender....ok, doesn't make sense.

I'm pretty disappointed to hear of your experience. Yes, you book for the room, but you also book for the perks. Since the concierges are working for tips now (and are not just on salary as they were previously), you'd think they'd try a bit harder to earn your tip. Sure, there are some things they just can't do, but it's clear you didn't get the warm, fuzzy others (including myself) have experienced.

I sure hope you voiced your underwhelming feeling at your end-of-cruise survey.

[QUOTE="Ginger";43914332]
Our concerige told us no way to have palo sent to the room.[/QUOTE]

Actually...part way true. The two Royal Suites (8030/8530 on Magic/Wonder) have the added perk of free in-room Palo dining (even for the kids) when arranged in advance (like the day before). I have to order the day before anyway since I require gluten-free meals, so that won't be such a problem for us.

I called up DCL and the nice man I spoke to confirmed this info for me.

This is one of the things that pushed us over the edge to go for the cat-R instead of a regular 2br.

Actually...part way true. The two Royal Suites (8030/8530 on Magic/Wonder) have the added perk of free in-room Palo dining (even for the kids) when arranged in advance (like the day before). I have to order the day before anyway since I require gluten-free meals, so that won't be such a problem for us.

I called up DCL and the nice man I spoke to confirmed this info for me.

This is one of the things that pushed us over the edge to go for the cat-R instead of a regular 2br.

Palo is free for the Cat R? I did not know that!

Same here, we could only order from the restaurant we were to have dinner at that night. We could order between two time slots though. I think it was 6:30 to 7:15 and 8:00 to 8:45. I wonder if it's the concierge that calls the shots or it's the ships rules. Are there some that are just willing to go the extra mile? I felt that she always came to room with a "can do" additude but then when I had a request she was hard to even get hold of.
QUOTE]

This was our experience too. In addition: She was hard to reach more times than not, she dropped the ball on my birthday celebration, and made it seem like she was doing us a huge favor when she delivered CD's to us one day.

I would book concierge again for the room itself, but not for the service.

We had concierge on the Wonder and couldn't have been more pleased. Our concierge came by the room all of the time to see if we needed anything.

When we didn't go to dinner one night he came by to see if there was anything wrong or if we wanted to change to the early seating or have food brought to the room. He was able to get us an early seating one night, and we did order from the restaurant another night. There were time frames that we needed to order within and I'm sure that is because the food comes out at the times they are preparing it for the dining rooms.

He knew both of my kids and would hand arcade cards to my older DS every time he saw him. My youngest loved Pirate Mickey and he brought him one of the large stuffed ones from the gift shop.

We had some confusion with one of our excursions that I easily took care of a guest services. Not 1/2 hour later he was at our door apologizing and asking what he could do to help or make-up for the inconvenience.

As I said, we could not have been happier. Everything was above and beyond our expectations. We sailed while the concierges were not a tipped position so it wasn't like he was working for that.

OMG--I almost forgot....during the muster drill DS (3) fell asleep on my lap. This was when we wore the life jackets, and I had to carry him up to deck 8 via the stairs from deck 2 with 2 life jackets in tow. We ran into our concierge on the stairs deck 4 and he took him from me and carried him the rest of the way up the stairs! Now that was service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter