Anyone visit WDW at the last minute? There seems to be nothing left.

dkal95

Mouseketeer
:guilty:

I know, our fault for not planning in advance. Just wondered if anyone else has gone last minute, as in a couple weeks advance notice and been able to get any ADRs?

I just tried Ohana which is our #1 place to go to and during a 10 day stay there isn't one available time, breakfast or dinner.
So sad.

Any advice?

As a local, I'm NEVER able to do advance reservations, since I only know a week or so in advance when we're going to be there. I've actually never had a problem getting many reservations.... but then there's some I don't even try, LOL! I'd never try Le Cellier for dinner, but I do get frequent lunch openings, I've also gotten CRT a few times, for all meals.

For some reason, my family just isn't into the resort restaurants, we prefer the park ones, so I wouldn't know about Ohana, but you can get good reservations if you are a little flexible about timing.

I usually have an idea of which park I'll visit on which day, and then just ask Reservations what's available at my favorites. If I can't get anything we like (VERY rare), then when we get there I ask at guest relations, and am always prepared for CS with favorites in each park, just in case.

Good luck!

I just called yesterday and got Boma (7pm) 3 weeks from now. I tried Ohana, but they were fully booked for dinner.

MickeyNicki just did live reviews and said most of the places they dined were empty...lots of walk ups. So don't know if something is going on at the time you are going.

We go last minute all the time and have not had issues with finding ressies but we do not expect the popular places like Chef Mickeys, Ohana, Le Cellier, Coral Reef etc.....

As long as you are flexible you will find something to get into

On one of my trips during free dining I could not get anything at Chef Mickey's for the Saturday before free dining started. I called several times - nada, zip, nothing.

After I arrived, I had to call Disney dining because they had to change my Teppan Edo ADR (turns out it didn't open on schedule). While I was on the phone with them they asked if there was anything else they could do. I said, "just for the heck of it, try Chef Mickey's for tonight" Amazingly there were open ADRs for 6pm.

So, if I were you I would keep calling once you arrive. I think some people are kind enough to call and cancel ADRs and you might get lucky.

If you can't get something you want, consider walk ups. With a small party, I've had lots of success getting seated within 10-30 minutes at a number of restaurants, even if the dining number told me there was no availability.

Yes this happened to my family when we were there back in June of 08
Usually my mom doesnt book an ADR because she doesnt know our schedule because we go with the flow and usually that is fine and we are able to get anything we want or most everything. not this time NOTHING was open we tried every character breakfast/dinner and nothing we only did chef mickeys because we did an ADR that was our only one

We just planned our trip last month, for next week and I knew i was not going to be able to get alot of ADR's. I did get two that I wanted, Tusker house BF and Kona for lunch. My DD6 wanted to see the princesses but I told her that we booked so last min that it was not likely and she was ok with it, she is more interested in meeting tink this trip..so I'm preparing her to wait in line!

Beside the difficult rezzies already mentioned, we found last year that we could get something even if it was a little earlier or later than we wanted at a good number of restaurants. We booked about 3 weeks before going the week before easter, so I was surprised that we were able to get as much as we did. This year we were way ahead on planning, so get to try some restaurants that we weren't able to last year.

The front desk concierge can check ADR openings for you while you're at the resort. Sometimes they can find last-minute openings. They can make ADRs for any restaurant that takes them.

If you can't get something you want, consider walk ups. With a small party, I've had lots of success getting seated within 10-30 minutes at a number of restaurants, even if the dining number told me there was no availability.

I was going to suggest that also. :thumbsup2 We couldn't get 'Ohana at all one week so we booked Kona instead, but when we went to the Poly the lounge was empty with hardly anyone waiting for 'Ohana so I asked at the podium & sure enough they seated us within 30 mins. It was later in the evening, probably around 8pm, so that might've helped. Don't give up, keep calling & try walk-ups. Good luck! :wizard:

BTW ESPN doesn't take ADRs & that can be a fun place to go if you don't mind a little wait.

My neighbours had luck during Free Dining at Downtown Disney. They would ask at the restaurant and then were usually seated in 20-30 min.

We planned our trip to WDW only 2 weeks ahead of time (decided at the end of January and went middle of February). We were able to get into everything we wanted to except CRT in MK. I've heard a million times how hard it is to get reservations there, but I called everyday just to check...no luck.
My DD had an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is just across from CRT. My DH thought he'd just see if there were any last minute openings...there were, but we weren't able to do it because it was the same time as DD's BBB appointment. Oh well...there is always next time, right?
Anyway, my point...definitely try a walk up or last minute call...you never know!
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter