Anyone Upgrade Airmiles tickets lately?

damo

Proud Redhead
There have been recent experiences with WDW refusing to upgrade Undercover Tourist tickets. Was wondering if anyone has had success or has had any issues with upgrading the AM tickets to parkhoppers. I contacted AM and they said there should be no issues, but for me that really isn't a guarantee.

There have been recent experiences with WDW refusing to upgrade Undercover Tourist tickets. Was wondering if anyone has had success or has had any issues with upgrading the AM tickets to parkhoppers. I contacted AM and they said there should be no issues, but for me that really isn't a guarantee.

I upgraded a 5 day park hopper at Disneyland in mid September. No problem at all but that was in CA not FL.

Had no issues in December, just remember you must use them first. Go to guest services and have the paper ticket changed to a plastic card, then the next day upgrade them.

Had no issues in December, just remember you must use them first. Go to guest services and have the paper ticket changed to a plastic card, then the next day upgrade them.

I think they are all plastic cards now. At least the one I got last week is an RFID chip card.

Hopefully someone will be upgrading during March Break and we'll get some reports back.

does anyone know if the Air Miles 'price' ever goes on sale?
right now, it's 2675 for a single adult 7 day base ticket.
YIKES!

We had no issues, but that was in Sept, upgrading to a DVC annual pass from a 3day.

To the previous poster, we always get the base ticket with least amount of days then just tack on days, etc. The bulk of the cost is in those initial days anyways. Let's hope there is no change in the upgrading/adding days etc as has been suggested by AllEars.

I had no issues in December. I upgraded 2 of the passes that I redeemed from my air miles and I upgraded 1 pass that I had purchased from a Canadian wholesaler.

This change in policy would have been since the Feb. 23 price increase, according to Allears.

I was at Epcot today. I had passes from Airmiles that are not hard credit card type ticket...more like the paper/tyvek with the magnetic stripe on the back, so not sure if this info will help. I was told to switch my tickets to new rfid card tickets, which I did at will call. I asked for a quote on upgrading the tickets from 7 day base to 7 day w/water park option and they quoted me the difference in price $64 (bridging). Will call asked if I wanted to upgrade but I said I wanted to wait to see what the weather is going to be in the next few days. Will call wrote down the different upgrade prices for me.

Thank you Maytai for your story. I've heard people are usually successful upgrading the Disney tickets. Unfortunately, I wasn't specific enough. My tickets are for Universal. So has anyone had a successful universal air miles ticket upgrade story? If so, I would so love to hear it. Thanks everyone.

I was at Epcot today. I had passes from Airmiles that are not hard credit card type ticket...more like the paper/tyvek with the magnetic stripe on the back, so not sure if this info will help. I was told to switch my tickets to new rfid card tickets, which I did at will call. I asked for a quote on upgrading the tickets from 7 day base to 7 day w/water park option and they quoted me the difference in price $64 (bridging). Will call asked if I wanted to upgrade but I said I wanted to wait to see what the weather is going to be in the next few days. Will call wrote down the different upgrade prices for me.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like people have been more successful lately. Seems to have been some bad luck keeping others from upgrading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter