Anyone there now that can comment on FP enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. ???

2. Using your logic, the people had the same opportunity to grab the fastpass. They just needed to plan better. I will still be grabbing them ... just trading for more convenient times.

3. I had to plan before. I planned which park to visit on which day. I planned to be at the park at opening. I planned what to do everyday. I planned what to fastpass for and when to get each one. I now get to do some of that, but now I have to choose to watch the parade grab a fastpass between 2:30 and 3:30. I have to choose to use my ADR at 4:45-5:45 or grab a fastpass at that time. I can now choose to go to the animation studio and do the drawing class and see characterpalooza or just not grab that TSM fastpass... oh wait I can solve that problem by waiting in they stand-by line for 210 minutes ... oh no I can't or I might not be able to use my fastpass for TOT.

1. Delaying them. You were extra person who was not suppose to be in that line at that time. It was greatly discussed on another thread that while it worked on a whole picture, personal affect existed and this is what I meant here.

2. Yes and No. It was not exactly open information available to everyone, so not everyone could do it and if everyone did system would not even work. It was important for majority to return on time, that why they kept return time.
And yes, we can always say, those who knew had their chance but since we knew and did not do it, it is easy to conclude that we were just fine.

3. I understand that it seems difficult in a beginning because you are not really used to it. I understand that you may experience stress and problems when you try to adjust and your day may not be as easy and convenient as it used to be, but as someone who always did it I just assure you that it is possible, after all what else you can do. There are new rules and if you want your family have fun, you will adjust, am I right?

3. I understand that it seems difficult in a beginning because you are not really used to it. I understand that you may experience stress and problems when you try to adjust and your day may not be as easy and convenient as it used to be, but as someone who always did it I just assure you that it is possible, after all what else you can do. There are new rules and if you want your family have fun, you will adjust, am I right?

This is what I think too. Many people are stressing about all of this, but many of us have always toured the parks this way, and enjoyed our vacations. It isn't nearly the horror that some people are afraid it is going to be. It takes a bit of planning, but a trip to WDW is still one of the most fun things out there. Even having to use your FP in the time window. I'm not sure why telling people this comes off as attacking them.

Btw, I was looking thru some of my park stuff (I have someone at work asking about Epcot and was looking for a map) and found this about Fastpass on the Epcot map:

"Cut the wait time in 3 easy steps:
#1 Each member of your party inserts his or her Park ticket into the FASTPASS kisok.
#2 You'll receive a FASTPASS ticket with a return time so you can go play in the Park instead of waiting in line.
#3 Come back DURING YOUR RETURN TIME (bolding mine) and hop on the attraction with little or no waiting."

So yeah, at least at first Disney was telling guests that FPs were to be used in the time window printed on them. Granted this map is probably around 4 years old, but at least at first, guests were supposed to use them during the time they were given.

Of course someone doesn't HAVE to take the FPs. And I get your point (at least what seems to be implied) that any stress induced by having to watch the clock in order to make it back within FP window is by choice because the individual chooses to use FP.

But, by that logic, I guess the only way to enjoy Disney stress-free is to simply do less? We take a much more relaxed approach now than we did years ago. But I still liked to maximize FP, which allowed for even more relaxing touring. For some, who maybe don't get to visit often, they want to do as much as possible. That means using as many FPs as they can, so I guess they are just stuck with the stress of watching the clock, etc.

And before anyone starts spouting that you can still get in the standby line. Yes, of course, you can. But more time spent in line equals less time to do other things. No matter how you slice it, the net result of this change is that things got worse for some, stayed the same for others, and got better for NO ONE.

I really think you're discounting the glee felt by the self righteous people who thought fastpass late returners were abusing the system. Now that they have to use it during the time frame - those people can not only say "we told you so" but can also take comfort in knowing those people are feeling put out.
I mean it's clear to me reading this thread that there are people taking considerable satisfaction in it.

I think the smug satisfaction they're feeling is a decent trade off for the longer mid day fastpass return times they'll experience.

There are new rules and if you want your family have fun, you will adjust, am I right?

You are correct... I adjusted by canceling my Spring Break trip to WDW and will be traveling to Cooperstown, NY to the Baseball Hall of Fame instead.

You are correct... I adjusted by canceling my Spring Break trip to WDW and will be traveling to Cooperstown, NY to the Baseball Hall of Fame instead.

Is that not cutting off your nose to spite your face?:confused3 "I can't ride every ride exactly when I want to so I won't go and ride at all"? I'm really sorry you feel that way, because it is truly not a big deal to use a FP in the time listed. It is no where near as bad or hard as some people are making it out to be!

I really think you're discounting the glee felt by the self righteous people who thought fastpass late returners were abusing the system. Now that they have to use it during the time frame - those people can not only say "we told you so" but can also take comfort in knowing those people are feeling put out.
I mean it's clear to me reading this thread that there are people taking considerable satisfaction in it.

I think the smug satisfaction they're feeling is a decent trade off for the longer mid day fastpass return times they'll experience.

That's why I'm planning on hoarding FPs through trading them for later return times, so I can have 6 sets to use at the end of the day, and then come and post about the experience. :banana:

I don't get the fuss. Maybe the lines are awful now but before we never had trouble seeing what we wished to. We rarely used our fastpasses late because we like to use them as the time comes up. Yes, we do criss cross quite a bit and I suppose that some don't like to do that.

Are the fastpass lines really that awful now?

That's why I'm planning on hoarding FPs through trading them for later return times, so I can have 6 sets to use at the end of the day, and then come and post about the experience. :banana:
Uh. Okay. Have you calculated how much time you're going to need to devote to visiting and revisiting the various FastPass dispensers to keep trading your FastPasses so you can end up with the six end-of-day sets you want?

Wouldn't it make more sense to spend that time, um, riding the attractions? Just a thought... :)

And I'm going to collect.... no... HOARD a bunch of FP's. Only I'm not going to use them. I'll stand in 2 hour stand-by lines just so I can take the FP's and not use them. I never used to do that before, but I'm going to do it now just so I can come back and post about it. :thumbsup2

They are actually enforcing the return times (with some minimal allowance for delay - like 15 minutes.)

Maybe we were lucky, but on 2/16 & 2/17 we used FP that in some cases were 5 hours over the return time and never a second look from the CM.

Uh. Okay. Have you calculated how much time you're going to need to devote to visiting and revisiting the various FastPass dispensers to keep trading your FastPasses so you can end up with the six end-of-day sets you want?

Wouldn't it make more sense to spend that time, um, riding the attractions? Just a thought... :)

Not substantially much more time than I spend already being our FP runner all day. :)

Maybe we were lucky, but on 2/16 & 2/17 we used FP that in some cases were 5 hours over the return time and never a second look from the CM.

The new enforcement started March 7th.

The world came to an end on March 7th when they started enforcing the end time.

Otherwise, yes - they used to let you relax and enjoy your vacation.

I don't see the big deal here. Really, it seems like people are having temper tantrums because WDW is finally enforcing the FP the way they originally intended them to be used. BTW-we have done both, using during the time as well as later, especially whenever it was easier for us. Now it will not be as convenient. Oh boy, let's have a fit!

I can think of many things they have changed over the yrs-been going all 40-so there is alot. Many I do not like,and more than the FP .

I think it's funny that people are getting this worked up. I only cked in to see if they were sticking to the 15 min rule. Goodness people! Get a grip!

In fairness, I've gotten upset about some changes over the years too. We all have different ideas of what is important and apparently this is very important to some!

Not substantially much more time than I spend already being our FP runner all day. :)

Well, but you will need to find someone willing to trade with the same number of FPs. If you willing to run there twice, why not to just pull it second time and save time on searching a trade? :confused3

Is that not cutting off your nose to spite your face?:confused3 "I can't ride every ride exactly when I want to so I won't go and ride at all"? I'm really sorry you feel that way, because it is truly not a big deal to use a FP in the time listed. It is no where near as bad or hard as some people are making it out to be!

It is a big deal. It's could potentially amount a fair reduction in rides that we would prefer to ride for us throughout the course of a normal day. It's the inconvenience/stress of having to think about it. I can't get a fastpass during a parade or dinner time. I can't ride the monorail over to Epcot in the afternoon to do a few things and then come back with a few rides waiting. I will have a difficult time trying to track down a few characters that always have long line as I may miss a ride.

It is a big deal... maybe not for you are several others on hear that are in favor, but it is a big deal for many of us.

The world came to an end on March 7th when they started enforcing the end time.

Otherwise, yes - they used to let you relax and enjoy your vacation.

It is a shame that no one can relax and enjoy their vacation now. All of these people that have said they always used FP in the return window and THOUGHT they were enjoying their vacations, now know they have been deluding themselves.

Disney also once let a group of people hoard CRT ressies and let people make multiple ADRs for the same time but those policies changed as well.

Well, but you will need to find someone willing to trade with the same number of FPs. If you willing to run there twice, why not to just pull it second time and save time on searching a trade? :confused3

I'll still be pulling them the minute my next one becomes available. I don't think I'll have much trouble finding 5 people within 5 minutes to trade with each time. The return times don't have to match up exactly, just overlap later. Most people would love a chance to get an almost immediate FP in trade for their later one.

I'd probably only try this once just to prove a point. Most days, I'll only do the trade strategy if we have a conflict.

It is a shame that no one can relax and enjoy their vacation now. All of these people that have said they always used FP in the return window and THOUGHT they were enjoying their vacations, now know they have been deluding themselves.

Disney also once let a group of people hoard CRT ressies and let people make multiple ADRs for the same time but those policies changed as well.

Then great, we could go back to the policy of last 10 years and you can still enjoy your vacation and so can I. I think we just solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter