Anyone there now that can comment on FP enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
mom2rtk said:
1) If it WAS a detriment to anyone else, WHO CARES? It was Disney policy, and entirely within their right to set as they pleased.
And now this is WDW policy, and entirely within their right to set as they please.
But all the posters who are effectively crying 'doomsday' don't seem to feel it's acceptable that Disney has the right to change (really, just enforce) its policy :confused3.

If someone will pull FP and will not use it due to poor planning, their choice and SB line will benefit. If people will not pull FP because it is conflicting with something else, someone else will get FP.
Win/Win situation.

Win/Win for everyone except person the person/family directly involved.

If someone will pull FP and will not use it due to poor planning, their choice and SB line will benefit.

Just as it was before.

If people will not pull FP because it is conflicting with something else, someone else will get FP.
Win/Win situation.

I think you may be overestimating the amount of people that won't get the FP because the return time might possibly be inconvenient. In my experience, people tend to grab first, and think later.

I might as well not get FP's anymore. I posted something similar on the other thread. We enjoy relaxing - changing plans, lingering somewhere if we're talking to cm's, having fun with each other, stopping to listen to a performer, etc. I will miss the old system.

'the old system' didn't have any rules!!

I have a relative that is a CM who works in Epcot and all CMs have been told a 15 minute grace period... PERIOD.

Goodness, these are just RIDES people. Good grief!! People getting all worked up over rides?

Sorry, but if I don't make an effort to use my FP in the time alloted, I guess I don't use the FP. Move on.

Win/Win for everyone except person the person/family directly involved.

Just like it was with late FPs, did somebody cared back then?:confused3
Instead of getting upset and frustrated adjust your touring plans, that simple.

Just as it was before.
I think you may be overestimating the amount of people that won't get the FP because the return time might possibly be inconvenient. In my experience, people tend to grab first, and think later.

Sorry, I assumed people going to Disney are adults and will check if return time is good for them. I think after a day or even a trip of banging heads on a wall, people will adjust. :confused3

Sorry, I assumed people going to Disney are adults and will check if return time is good for them. I think after a day or even a trip of banging heads on a wall, people will adjust. :confused3

Apparently, I'm less comfortable than you are in making that assumption.

If someone misses a window, then they miss it. I'm pretty sure there were already plenty of people missing their window and letting the FPs go unused. Now I predict there will be quite a bit more of them.

And now this is WDW policy, and entirely within their right to set as they please.
But all the posters who are effectively crying 'doomsday' don't seem to feel it's acceptable that Disney has the right to change (really, just enforce) its policy :confused3.

Yep. Absolutely. No need for this guy :confused3 Doesn't mean I'm excited about it. But I'll certainly live with it.

Complaining is sometimes about venting, and sometimes about accomplishing change. I'm pretty sure you recall all the uproar over the reduced monorail hours. When hard ticket party season started they weren't running the monorail at all at closing time. Eventually they saw the err in their ways and added back resort monorail service until 12:30.

Just like it was with late FPs, did somebody cared back then?:confused3
Instead of getting upset and frustrated adjust your touring plans, that simple.
:confused3

No - with late FP's the family directly involved could get and still use the FP and it was a benefit to them. Now according to you, they can choose not to get it (Benefits who?) or pull it but not use it (Benefits who?)... in either case, not the family directly involved.

Before, I didn't have to choose between parade of FP, ADR or FP, seeing characters or FP... and list goes on. Now I would have to plan better? :confused3 Now I just get to choose!

'the old system' didn't have any rules!!

I have a relative that is a CM who works in Epcot and all CMs have been told a 15 minute grace period... PERIOD.

Goodness, these are just RIDES people. Good grief!! People getting all worked up over rides?

Sorry, but if I don't make an effort to use my FP in the time alloted, I guess I don't use the FP. Move on.

...... yeah. RIDES that you paid $90 to walk in the gate and ........ brace yourself...... RIDE! :lmao:

...... yeah. RIDES that you paid $90 to walk in the gate and ........ brace yourself...... RIDE! :lmao:

And if it's THAT important, plan your time and use your FP. If you arent willing to do that, then stand in line with everyone else. It's that simple.

Again, these are just RIDES, not life or death. Anyone familiar with how FP 'used' to be has obviously been there before and, if they miss a ride due to these now stringent rules, they can always ride it next time....OR WAIT IN LINE!! (GASP!!)

Maybe now people who really want the FPs and intend to use them will get them. Not people who thought they may want them and so grabbed them just in case, and then didn't end up using them.

I don't think the mentality of "we may or may not use them" has anything to do with whether they could be used late or not. Whether we intended to use a FP on time or use it late, we always INTENDED TO USE IT. Just maybe not during the window. If, for some reason, we decided not to use it, we gave it to someone else so that THEY could use it (making for some "pixie dust" moments, by the way). Either way, we never "hoarded" FPs just to keep others from being able to get them.

Someone who has the mentality that they are going to pull a FP "just in case" and "may or may not use it" will still do so regardless of whether they knew late use was allowed in the past. That person is going to look at the sign, see that the return time is whenever, and say to themselves, "well, we MIGHT come back and ride this then so I'll go ahead and get a FP just in case." It has nothing to do with late use.

I'm sitting here with the 2007 Unofficial Guide, and looking at the MK touring plan for adults (and older kids). Users ride
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Winnie The Pooh
Snow White
Peter Pan
Small World
Haunted Mansion
BTMRR (after getting a Splash FP)
Pirates
Splash Mountain
have lunch
WDW Railroad
Tour Mickey's Toontown
WDWRR again
Tiki Room (after getting a Jungle Cruise FP)
Country Bears
Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Treehouse
Liberty Belle
Hall of Presidents
PhilharMagic
Stitch
Laugh Floor
TTA
Carousel of Progress
With just two FastPasses, seemingly used within their respective return windows. Exhausting? Sure. But (a) you're getting value for your $90 and (b) this is especially important to the guest who IS paying $90 - the guest who's there for just one day. Most of us are getting much better value out of our park admissions, though, with multi-day admissions or even annual passes.

No - with late FP's the family directly involved could get and still use the FP and it was a benefit to them. Now according to you, they can choose not to get it (Benefits who?) or pull it but not use it (Benefits who?)... in either case, not the family directly involved.

Before, I didn't have to choose between parade of FP, ADR or FP, seeing characters or FP... and list goes on. Now I would have to plan better? :confused3 Now I just get to choose!

With late FPs family directed involved was getting advantage and other families directly involved, who was right at that line were affected, and other families directly involved did not get a chance to get FP because they were gone since people were just hoarding them without intention to use it during return time.
Yes, you will have to plan, not choose this or that but plan when do this and when do that, just like the rest of us.

just like the rest of us.

No, most people do NOT plan their days like you do. YOU are choosing to be a slave to a plan on vacation. Stop insufferably trying to control and judge everyone who doesn't have the exact same vacation style as you do. Mind your own business and worry about yourself.

I have an idea. If using fast passes according to the rules is too much of a head ache we can go back to the days without fast passes!.

Yep lets scrap the whole thing and go back to no fast passes at all.

I am very happy to see Disney finally close this loop hole and even the playing field for all.

We never used FP's outside the window on the ticket and have never had a problem doing so, even with ADR's and over spring break and Easter.

With late FPs family directed involved was getting advantage and other families directly involved, who was right at that line were affected
???

and other families directly involved did not get a chance to get FP because they were gone since people were just hoarding them without intention to use it during return time.

Using your logic, the people had the same opportunity to grab the fastpass. They just needed to plan better. I will still be grabbing them ... just trading for more convenient times.

Yes, you will have to plan, not choose this or that but plan when do this and when do that, just like the rest of us.

I had to plan before. I planned which park to visit on which day. I planned to be at the park at opening. I planned what to do everyday. I planned what to fastpass for and when to get each one. I now get to do some of that, but now I have to choose to watch the parade grab a fastpass between 2:30 and 3:30. I have to choose to use my ADR at 4:45-5:45 or grab a fastpass at that time. I can now choose to go to the animation studio and do the drawing class and see characterpalooza or just not grab that TSM fastpass... oh wait I can solve that problem by waiting in they stand-by line for 210 minutes ... oh no I can't or I might not be able to use my fastpass for TOT.

I thought the fass pass plan worked really well the way it was. I am pretty laid back vacationer. I wish they would go to the same system Universal has, or give us the option to buy express passes like the other parks do. I guess we'll see how it goes in a few weeks. Universal keeps looking like a better vacation option in the future.

Wow...just wow! I came to this thread to find Out how
how the fast pass change is going and I find two children having a tantrum!

(don't bother flaming me or yelling at me.....I won't be back on this thread.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter