• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Successfully booked a sold out Cruise - sold out only for kids your age?

Wshop

Mouseketeer
I really want to take a particular cruise that leaves in less than a month. The rooms are not sold out but the kids' club or something for a child my age (age 6) is sold out so they will not let us book. I am really hoping something opens up....any luck here on the boards?

I really want to take a particular cruise that leaves in less than a month. The rooms are not sold out but the kids' club or something for a child my age (age 6) is sold out so they will not let us book. I am really hoping something opens up....any luck here on the boards?

What date are looking for? Is it over Spring Break?

You can keep checking. They say the best time is shortly after midnight when the cancelations have been processed and are back in the inventory. If there isn't room, you won't be able to book the child. Have you tried seeing if you can book that number of adults to figure out if the issue is the muster station limits and not the kid club capacity? If it lets you book for 3 adults, then yes it is the clubs. If not, it is the capacity.

Did you try booking with another TA. Once something of this nature happen to us, we went to SWA Travel...... and there it was what we wanted......DLC said ..."the cat was all booked up".....went back to DLC and asked them...What gives here!..... they got there act together in a hurry and gave us the room in the cat. that we wanted.....Some times the "blind " leads the "blind" at DLC. ::yes::

I did! Same exact thing happened To us and I was sooo disappointed. I called and they suggested I check every day, they reset the inventory At midnight. A few days later I checked like at 1 am and booked it! :)

Thanks so much for the hope its for a mid-Feb cruise so I will keep my fingers crossed and definitely check after midnight (I assume EST). I will also try a travel agent and see if we can book through them. I have checked and if I put a child age 13 and above or just adults, there is room on the ship.

I really wanted a certian room today, it did hold 4 but when I called disney they said they couldn't put 4 there because the muster area for that area was fullish and then the other rooms in that area could only be booked as 2's. I called dreams unlimited. They got me in the room I wanted:banana:

:cool1: I just was able to book an OGT room....wanted VGT but I will see about an upgrade at port. Such a great rate, I could not pass it up over my child's winter break. Now, I got to get cracking on the planning!

Wshop said:
:cool1: I just was able to book an OGT room....wanted VGT but I will see about an upgrade at port. Such a great rate, I could not pass it up over my child's winter break. Now, I got to get cracking on the planning!

Yea! Glad you were able to book!! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter