Anyone Successfully booked a sold out Cruise - sold out only for kids your age?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Wshop, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Wshop

Wshop Mouseketeer

I really want to take a particular cruise that leaves in less than a month. The rooms are not sold out but the kids' club or something for a child my age (age 6) is sold out so they will not let us book. I am really hoping something opens up....any luck here on the boards?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sandiegosusie

sandiegosusie DIS Veteran

What date are looking for? Is it over Spring Break?

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

You can keep checking. They say the best time is shortly after midnight when the cancelations have been processed and are back in the inventory. If there isn't room, you won't be able to book the child. Have you tried seeing if you can book that number of adults to figure out if the issue is the muster station limits and not the kid club capacity? If it lets you book for 3 adults, then yes it is the clubs. If not, it is the capacity.

5. Husurdady

Husurdady DIS Veteran

Did you try booking with another TA. Once something of this nature happen to us, we went to SWA Travel...... and there it was what we wanted......DLC said ..."the cat was all booked up".....went back to DLC and asked them...What gives here!..... they got there act together in a hurry and gave us the room in the cat. that we wanted.....Some times the "blind " leads the "blind" at DLC. ::yes::

6. Ksmith1

Ksmith1 Earning My Ears

I did! Same exact thing happened To us and I was sooo disappointed. I called and they suggested I check every day, they reset the inventory At midnight. A few days later I checked like at 1 am and booked it! :)

7. Wshop

Wshop Mouseketeer

Thanks so much for the hope its for a mid-Feb cruise so I will keep my fingers crossed and definitely check after midnight (I assume EST). I will also try a travel agent and see if we can book through them. I have checked and if I put a child age 13 and above or just adults, there is room on the ship.

8. Jareds_mommy

Jareds_mommy DIS Veteran

I really wanted a certian room today, it did hold 4 but when I called disney they said they couldn't put 4 there because the muster area for that area was fullish and then the other rooms in that area could only be booked as 2's. I called dreams unlimited. They got me in the room I wanted:banana:

9. Wshop

Wshop Mouseketeer

:cool1: I just was able to book an OGT room....wanted VGT but I will see about an upgrade at port. Such a great rate, I could not pass it up over my child's winter break. Now, I got to get cracking on the planning!

10. SCDizneyDawn

SCDizneyDawn DIS Veteran

Yea! Glad you were able to book!! Have fun!