Anyone stayed at the Saratoga?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SugarPlumFairyUK, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ExpatDisneyLover

ExpatDisneyLover DIS Veteran

SSR -
    relaxing, quiet, peaceful, calm pool, great spa, some good food (try Turf Club), depending on where you are - very convenient to DTD, very large and spread out from end to end

things I enjoyed - :)
    *sitting in a rocking chair outside Artist Point watching the sunset in the evenings - turns pink and coral - reflects the colors of the buildings very nicely
    *sitting on my balcony enjoying the sounds from DTD (I was in Congress Park close to DTD)
    *boat to and from DTD
    *the quiet pool and jacuzzi spa at Congress Park

What I didn't really enjoy -
    *the distance to Artist Point to fill up my mug or get to the boat dock
    *the numerous in resort bus stops

SSR is a beautiful and enjoyable resort! Have a great time! :cloud9:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. AuroraMeansDawn

AuroraMeansDawn DIS Veteran

We stayed and had a lovely 1BR on the first floor in Congress Park (I think - I've slept since then) with a view of DTD and it was lovely. It was also HUGE! It was fun to watch the boats go by too. It was a little spread out for us though. Only ventured up to the food court once.

We had a car for the first night as we rented one to return from Port Canaveral off a cruise and it was really easy to drop it off the next morning at the Doubletree (Again, I think that was it, return location)

We stopped at a little convenience store and picked up sodas, wine, snacks etc because it was a long walk to the food court and main building so we never used our mugs but I loved the hot tub, being able to wash a few things. I"m not one who will do much laundry or cook on vacation but a handy corkscrew and glasses and leftover WPE was a nice way to come home one afternoon.

Not sure that I'd book it twice but mostly because I like to try new things and I don't think the villa fits my vacation style. If i stayed longer I would probably would though.