Anyone stayed at the Disney Hollywood Hotel?

Danni123

Earning My Ears
Do other characters do meet and greets there besides Mickey at Chef Mickeys?

Is the indoor pool nicely heated? Is there a hot tub? (We are visiting in January)

Can you visit the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and have a look around? Use the hedgemaze ect?

Thanks!

Do other characters do meet and greets there besides Mickey at Chef Mickeys?

Is the indoor pool nicely heated? Is there a hot tub? (We are visiting in January)

@zanzibar138 has stayed at the Hollywood Hotel. Hopefully, she'll wander in at some stage.

Can you visit the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and have a look around? Use the hedgemaze ect?

You can absolutely walk to either resort and look around. I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and walked to the Hollywood Hotel to look around. I saw heaps of people staying at the HH walking towards the DL hotel to do the same.

Have a great time.

I have stayed at both hotels and love both of them!

The Hollywood hotel has a lovely outdoor pool with a hot tub- not an indoor one - I visited in December and didn't take a dip as the weather was chilly - but the pool was open. The Disneyland hotel has an indoor pool and an outdoor one as well. The buffet at Hollywood Hotel is good value IMO- there are opportunities for a photo with Mickey - but no other characters and he doesn't come to your table as the characters do at the Disneyland Hotel buffet. I actually love the buffet at the Hollywood Hotel - and there is also a quick service there - but no room service. Of course you are welcome to visit the Disneyland Hotel and enjoy the hedge maze! The promenade from the Disneyland Hotel to the park is especially nice IMO!

I just got back from Hong Kong and stayed at the Disney Hollywood. It was very nice. The pool is great. I think the early morning (on the way to the airport) food options are very limited. The gift shop is very good the buffet isn't bad but a little noisy for me.
The pool is outdoor and had a nice water slide. It's also a zero entry pool. Can't speak for January but in the Summer the pool is very very warm indeed.

One tip I would suggest is to get an upper floor room facing the Northeast (toward the park) so you can see the fireworks at night. They have a tv channel with audio that follows along.

Here is a link to some of my photos of the hotel and pool.
https://disneyhollywoodhotelhongkong.shutterfly.com/

That's great we are also going around the same time 13 to 15 Jan... But yet to book waiting for some discounts to be announced on the room rates :)
I booked our room through Expedia for $1160 (Australian dollars). The Hong Kong Disneyland site quoted me $1245 for the same dates. I hope you get a good deal! We might see you there!!

They have a 20% off deal at the moment for certain time periods - booking direct for us ended up being cheaper, even allowing for exchange rates, than the current price with Expedia and others.

I booked our room through Expedia for $1160 (Australian dollars). The Hong Kong Disneyland site quoted me $1245 for the same dates. I hope you get a good deal! We might see you there!!
Thanks will check out other sites too... Yeah we might meet :))

They have a 20% off deal at the moment for certain time periods - booking direct for us ended up being cheaper, even allowing for exchange rates, than the current price with Expedia and others.
The last time I checked the 20% deal was not available for our travel dates. Well check out once again... Thanks :))

Looks like you've had your questions answered, but since PIO mentioned me, I thought I'd better chime in lol!

We stayed in a park view room and enjoyed the fireworks view from our room. If you're planning to watch the fireworks from the park I wouldn't bother, but it was worth the extra cost for us.

We saw Goofy doing meet and greets in the lobby, and I believe he also does meet and greets at the pool.

As someone else pointed out, the Hollywood Hotel does not have an indoor pool. It wasn't warm enough weather for us to swim, but the outdoor pool looked nice. Anyone can visit either hotel and wander around the lobby and gardens, visit the shops and restaurants etc, but you aren't allowed to pool hop.

We're not big fans of the buffet TBH. There is a decent variety of food there, but we thought it was very expensive for what it was. Now that Mickey makes appearances, I suppose it represents slightly better value.

Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter