• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? What, Where and for who?

I just want to let you know that the cave/river float in Honduras is good, but if you are looking for excitement, they have awesome ziplining. If you are doing a western carribean and looking for cave tubing, Belize has a really great spot for that! Have fun!

We took a Lamanai excursion in Belize that was great - the water taxi ride to and from the ruins was fun in and of itself. I liked that the ruins were basically in the middle of the jungle and not overrun with tourists, just a few small groups. You can climb to the top of the main temple - DD did that, I stayed at the bottom and took pictures of her LOL

I think I need to stop reading this thread. Instead of finishing my shopping I keep seeing great things I've never heard of ;-)

Seriously, though, I'm glad you posted this one because I'm having a hard time with shopping for my son. Now to decide if the remote control version is worth it... If you see a sale later, come back and post :-)

Will do :) I really would have preferred to purchase at Target so I could at least get 5% with my Red card. I read some reviews and they were positive. I also plan to get him a Battle Bots shirt-and maybe a shirt from one of his favorites from the show (Tombstone and Bronco)

already have multiple presents for DD stashed away. I know Santa is going to bring the Cinderella Castle LEGO set but he / she is waiting to hopefully get it at the Disney Springs LEGO store and use her AP to get 10% off (hoping it isn't excluded from that!)

update we / Santa got the Castle at Disney ended up finding it at the Emporium on Main Street. They had ONE in the back in a 'slightly damaged' box that they could not put on the floor. If DH hadn't asked we would not have been able to get it. They honored our AP discount (Disney Springs LEGO store employee said they would not have let us use the discount 'not honoring any discounts on the castle' but that was a moot point as they didn't have the castle in stock)

So Santa is going to come through big time this year :-)

I have started some things finally! Dicks had their cozy cabin socks B1G1 free- so snagged 2 pair for my mom(her feet get cold a lot). Shutterfly has a lot of the "free" gifts- almost every weekend. So I have made a magnet, calendar, mouse pad, note pad, and 8X10's for my inlaws. (they took the whole family to Disney and Disney cruise last month), so I took lots of pics of them with the grandkids and kids. They will love it.

I started on the BBQ sauce basket for my dad. I was in a store today and saw a bunch of sauces I had never heard of so I bought 4 of them.

I also bought 4-5 different types of Hot Sauces for my niece's fiance. He carries hot sauce with him everywhere so I decided to do a basket of sauces for him too. World Market has some fun flavors!

My lists are starting to grow. I have a few odd and ends but as I think of things they are being added to the Santa's Bag App (I LOVE that app!!).
There won't be any big surprises this year. My mom and dad are generously taking the extended family on a cruise that leaves the day after Christmas. Dh and I decided we are going to gift the kids their excursions as their big gift. They will get other smaller gifts for sure, but the big ones will be the excursions. They get pricey and we are going on our Universal trip 8 weeks prior to the cruise so the budget is tight.

I think one of them will be a Chichen Itza tour when we dock in Cozumel, and I saw another one that is a cave/river float in Honduras that looked really nice.

The memories and experience of international travel is a gift that will last so much longer than an iPod!! Great idea!!

I booked a Universal resort last night! I haven't told dh yet, because I want to run all the numbers so I will have a total cost to tell him. I'm hoping that within a week or so the AP discounts will be out because I'm thinking of getting one just to use for resort discounts. Right now I have us booked at Cabana Bay because its the cheapest, but no express pass.
I figure I can sway him if he knows how much it will be versus how much we would spend on other gifts.

My oldest has a part in a musical at school so I suggested she might enjoy tickets to a live musical as a gift. So that will take care of one big gift for her.

Just a reminder for anyone who is thinking of buying something on eBay that is shipped from China: better get your order placed soon. Expected delivery dates in many cases are already stretching to the end of November.

My daughter likes to change cell phone cases with her outfits :rolleyes: so I usually put several in her stocking. I get them on eBay from China because it isn't an iPhone or Samsung :upsidedow so finding cheap cases can be a challenge. On eBay I get them for a dollar or two. I just grabbed a couple more but at this point I will have to be done because of the later delivery dates.

Last edited:
I got a few things for DS19. My in-laws were at the Rehoboth Beach outlets a week and a half ago and asked if I wanted them to pick up anything for DS. DS loves Vineyard Vines, which was having a huge sale. I asked them to pick up some boxer shorts and an orange gingham button down shirt. On top of the sale prices, my father-in-law also got a military discount! Yay!

Now I just have to start working on the rest of the family! DH wants this fancy ipod dock/speaker thing and a golf range watch. Not sure what DD wants at all.

We are also going to Colonial Williamsburg for 3 days/2 nights to soak up some Christmas spirit over Christmas Break. We have dinner at the King's Arm Tavern and a ghost walk booked.

I pre ordered DH the new Echo Dot and got him NFL shorts.

Ordered my son an NFL jacket and vest.

Slowly but surely making progress!

Oh how I love christmas and christmas shopping!! I'm a bit behind this year and just now started to make my list. Every year it gets harder and harder to shop for the kids. My daughter will be turning 16 in December too. For her birthday we're giving her driving school. We've would have done it over the summer but she's in band and it's a state year. There was no time in her schedule for driving school. So hopefully she'll have some free time in December or January to take the class.

Her list so far is:
a New Iphone Se or 6 (her old one is on the fritz)
Her dad is going to make her a clarinet lamp. I just bought an old clarinet off ebay to use. She's going to love it!
Wall mirror
a walmart fake yeti cup that will be etched and sand blasted. I'm still trying to figure out a design
and I'm going to make her a horse tail hair bracelet. I'm going to use her horse's tail to make it, so it will have sentimental value to her.
a desktop computer with a sims game.

My ds is 13 and really is only asking for ps 4 games. We'll pick up 2 or 3 games
I'll also pick up a monitor for his gaming computer. He's been complaining about having to use his tv as a monitor.
a computer game
also getting him a walmart yeti cup etched and sand blasted
a small drone
Ps4 headset
and maybe a new tablet.

My husband is getting a yeti cup etched
a larger drone

My mom, I'm getting her an
Essential Oil Diffuser
a yeti cup from the kids
a couple of gift cards

my dad
a yeti cup and who knows what else! LOL

I really need to get shopping this stuff isn't cheap. LOL

Oh how I love christmas and christmas shopping!! I'm a bit behind this year and just now started to make my list. Every year it gets harder and harder to shop for the kids. My daughter will be turning 16 in December too. For her birthday we're giving her driving school. We've would have done it over the summer but she's in band and it's a state year. There was no time in her schedule for driving school. So hopefully she'll have some free time in December or January to take the class.

Her list so far is:
a New Iphone Se or 6 (her old one is on the fritz)
Her dad is going to make her a clarinet lamp. I just bought an old clarinet off ebay to use. She's going to love it!
Wall mirror
a walmart fake yeti cup that will be etched and sand blasted. I'm still trying to figure out a design
and I'm going to make her a horse tail hair bracelet. I'm going to use her horse's tail to make it, so it will have sentimental value to her.
a desktop computer with a sims game.

My ds is 13 and really is only asking for ps 4 games. We'll pick up 2 or 3 games
I'll also pick up a monitor for his gaming computer. He's been complaining about having to use his tv as a monitor.
a computer game
also getting him a walmart yeti cup etched and sand blasted
a small drone
Ps4 headset
and maybe a new tablet.

My husband is getting a yeti cup etched
a larger drone

My mom, I'm getting her an
Essential Oil Diffuser
a yeti cup from the kids
a couple of gift cards

my dad
a yeti cup and who knows what else! LOL

I really need to get shopping this stuff isn't cheap. LOL

Where do you get the yeti cups etched? That sounds like a neat idea!

I've bought a few things so far and have written down some ideas I've gotten from this thread.

So far, I got http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...9&ruleId=77|BS&slotId=2&rdppSegmentId=1922:RR

purse for my 11 year old niece. She's recently gotten into purses and I think she'll love this one with the hearts!

I also picked up a Dooney & Bourke purse for each of my DDs. They were on the same macy's sale. I honestly don't look at purse prices too often, so I'm hoping that this is a good price for them. If I see them lower closer to Christmas, I know that Macy's has a good return policy, so I should be able to rebuy at the lower price if necessary.

I also ordered this: http://www.target.com/p/fisher-pric...-princess-musical-dancing-palace/-/A-17078516 for my 3 year old great niece. It was on sale for around $17 a couple of weeks ago and I thought it looked like a cute gift idea.

I got this for DD19 as I found it on clearance at Kohls and it matches her room colors: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2507536/simple-by-design-dorm-sweet-dorm-throw-pillow.jsp

And I got this for DD18 who is going to school at University of Mississippi: http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2288155/ole-miss-rebels-hanging-sign.jsp

Hopefully these links will work since I've never posted links before.

Where do you get the yeti cups etched? That sounds like a neat idea!
We have a few local contacts (kind of like a friend of a friend kind of thing). I'm not sure if they take online orders. You might want to search craigslist for someone local. But it's a pretty in thing to do to the cups to personalize them.

I totally forgot about Christmas ! I have been busy with paying for all kinds of darn Senior year stuff for my daughter. Homecoming is coming up too! I think Nov 1st when things slow down I can focus on my Christmas shopping. Last year my daughter wanted a MAC laptop but she wanted it for editing videos and stuff(teen stuff), but now with snap chat shes busy with that. She hasn't mentioned wanting anything else or the laptop.

I plan on getting her a few gift cards for
-Jamba Juice (favorite Drink place)
-Yougurt
-iTunes card

Hubby and I just updated our iphone 5 to iphone 7 and upgrade DD's iphone 6 to 7

Maybe a phone case.

Now I'm feeling so behind :(

Our tradition is to wait until after December 15th. But Egg Nog is in the stories as of yesterday, I may buy that before December 15.

3 things

BIL-a mug from Yankee candle that says I love bacon.

DS-a Yankee key chain from 5 below (boys are hard to find stocking stuffers)

Me- yes me, I tend to buy my own gifts from my dh, a Disney car sticker, I think the castle from 5 below.

That's it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter