Anyone started Christmas shopping yet? What, Where and for who?

@mrudman You could always do practical stuff for stockings, things you would buy for them anyway.

My dd told me she just wants money for Christmas because she wants to save up to go to Universal in the beginning of June. I did already get her a something that cost $200 so I will return it and give her the cash instead.
I will be in WDW tomorrow :yay: and I am going to get her the D&B Alice in Wonderland wristlet. I will put her cash in that. Then I will get her practical stuff for her stocking, $10 gas card, $10 starbucks make-up wipes, things like that so she doesn't have to spend her own money and can save it for her trip.

I started back in July on Prime day by buying an Instant Pot for my sister. I've had one since Feb 2013 and she's wanted one ever since but hasn't been able to justify the cost or catch the right sale. $75 and she's done!

My list to shop for is
DS9- a couple Lego sets, something Star Wars, Disney GC to kick off his saving for spending money for our 2017 trip, a couple tee shirts and a pair of jeans (hoping to pick up on clearance this weekend), new tennis shoes, 1 set of pj's, ornament, 1 movie, a couple books and stocking stuffers.
My mom- school photo calendar, something from shutterfly (hoping for a code for a free mug/coasters/magnets etc or even a free photobook)
Niece6- set of American Girl books. If I can't find them for a decent price I'll probably just grab her a few dolly and me outfits
Nephew2- some type of cars or instrument. He has an undying love of all things with wheels or having to do with music
BIL- NO IDEA!!! He's so hard to shop for
Grandpa- Amazon GC and framed photo from our 2016 wdw trip. He's a huge reader and loves having new photos to hang of the grandkids/great grandkids

I walked by the Pandora store in the Bryant Park area yesterday and they had a line. It appears to be a tiered discounts sale where you get a higher percentage off for the more you spend. You might want to check your local store if any of you have a Pandora person on your list as I would guess this is a way to get some of the early holiday shoppers in the door. I also typically only see the promotions which are for a free bracelet with spending x amount which is useless for many once you have the actual bracelet so I was impressed with this sale.

I started Christmas shopping a couple of weeks ago for the elderly relatives.
They don't want stuff but love food gifts so I went to the Stone Mountain Park Yellow Daisy Festival and picked up soup mixes and dip mixes for my husbands family since they told us they eat alot of soup and they also have card parties so they could use the dip mixes for those. The soup mixes were from a company that was featured on the Food Network and the samples tasted good so I'm hoping they'll like them.

And I also picked up a selection of BBQ sauces for my Dad and a selection of jams for my husbands Great Aunt. I was hoping to find someone who made pretty kitchen hand towels to add to the jams but no one was selling anything like that this time so I'll have to look someplace else for those.

I have also started going through the digital photos I've taken this year and copying ones that I think will be good into a folder for making a calendar for the relatives too.

Well I just spent 4 hours uploading pictures and creating projects on Shutterfly and Snapfish. I ordered my BFF a $5 ($8.99 with shipping!) snapfish photobook so she is basically done. I will need a gift for her birthday as it's 5 days before
Christmas but I'm waiting to see if Humans of New York releases anything different than last year. I got her their book and she loved it.

I ordered prints for myself and another friend but now I'm considering making her a scrapbook as well. Our kids are really good friends and we've grown close over the last year so it might be fun. We've got lots of memories for sure.

I am stuck on what to buy my dad. He never wants anything and when he moved out of his house we found years of gifts we had given him, completely unopened and sitting in his basement. Ironically, he gave me the dishes I bought him after my parents divorce when I needed some. The man needs nothing and I'm really sick of buying him tshirts. He mentioned wanting to travel more and he just bought a new motorcycle. Any ideas?

Well I just spent 4 hours uploading pictures and creating projects on Shutterfly and Snapfish. I ordered my BFF a $5 ($8.99 with shipping!) snapfish photobook so she is basically done. I will need a gift for her birthday as it's 5 days before
Christmas but I'm waiting to see if Humans of New York releases anything different than last year. I got her their book and she loved it.

I ordered prints for myself and another friend but now I'm considering making her a scrapbook as well. Our kids are really good friends and we've grown close over the last year so it might be fun. We've got lots of memories for sure.

I am stuck on what to buy my dad. He never wants anything and when he moved out of his house we found years of gifts we had given him, completely unopened and sitting in his basement. Ironically, he gave me the dishes I bought him after my parents divorce when I needed some. The man needs nothing and I'm really sick of buying him tshirts. He mentioned wanting to travel more and he just bought a new motorcycle. Any ideas?

Thank you for mentioning the humans of NY, I had no idea this existed and my oldest kiddo will love it! Also saw that they have a knock off one with cats that's supposed to be hilarious, he will love that one, too.

For your dad... My in-laws are the exact same, so difficult. What about a book of the best motorcycle drives? Gift card to the motor cycle shop or a hotel to use on one of his rides?

I walked by the Pandora store in the Bryant Park area yesterday and they had a line. It appears to be a tiered discounts sale where you get a higher percentage off for the more you spend. You might want to check your local store if any of you have a Pandora person on your list as I would guess this is a way to get some of the early holiday shoppers in the door. I also typically only see the promotions which are for a free bracelet with spending x amount which is useless for many once you have the actual bracelet so I was impressed with this sale.
I got in trouble wth this deal if you spent $550 get $225 off i still spent more than i should have got 7 beads and a safety chain now my bracelet is almost full .Pandoras new range is stunning.

They don't want stuff but love food gifts so I went to the Stone Mountain Park Yellow Daisy Festival and picked up soup mixes and dip mixes for my husbands family since they told us they eat alot of soup and they also have card parties so they could use the dip mixes for those. The soup mixes were from a company that was featured on the Food Network and the samples tasted good so I'm hoping they'll like them.

And I also picked up a selection of BBQ sauces for my Dad and a selection of jams for my husbands Great Aunt. I was hoping to find someone who made pretty kitchen hand towels to add to the jams but no one was selling anything like that this time so I'll have to look someplace else for those.

I have also started going through the digital photos I've taken this year and copying ones that I think will be good into a folder for making a calendar for the relatives too.

I LOVE the ideas of a selection of BBQ sauces for my dad. Every time we eat there he has a new one he bought that he wants us to try. Other than grocery stores do you have a good idea of places to find unique ones?

So I started, yay!
Well, sort of. I got something for DH's birthday, which is less than a week before Christmas, so does that count?
I bought him a nice fountain pen, some ink and paper. He's been wanting to try one.

I'm getting DH and DS each a Raspberry Pi kit. Doing research into the differences before I get them.
I'm also thinking about getting DS a Surface Pro or something similar.
DH is building a second computer for us.

Grandbabies are easy...some toys and books, maybe an outfit.
SoILs are easy too...books (got them both hooked on Jim Butcher and Brandon Sanderson)
DDs will get something for them, and then I'll get something for them and their spouses as a couple. Probably a board game of some sort.

That sounds like such a good idea! My MIL is 85 and in assisted living, but she was tough to buy for, even before. But, we live 1000 miles away, so maybe I could send her a nice basket of local items to enjoy.

I just got the Tsum Tsum Advent calendar on Toys r us. Com and it was marked down to $29.99. Thought I would pass it on if anybody is looking for it.

Went shopping a couple of weeks ago with my mom. We went into the Yankee Candle store and they had summer scents marked down. I got 4 small jar candles for $10. I haven't decided who they are for yet but I do exchange gifts with the neighbors. Thinking I might use them for that.

My dad is always my hardest (usually stop for a gift card on the way to his house for Christmas dinner) but last week I came across one of those $25 for $50 gift card deals that will be perfect for him. So a few little fillers and my hardest is finished. I think my 1 year old might be the hardest this year. She's my 3rd girl and I've kept everything so I'm kind of at a loss. I really really really want to be done by Thanksgiving this year so I can actually enjoy December and all the holiday stuff with my kiddos.

I wandered into a local Disney Store and I'm assuming they were trying to clear old mugs for new designs because they were selling them for $2.99-$4.99 when they are normally $15. I got myself 2 :), my fiance 1, and my dad 1.

I bought my daughter's BF a large set of Kobalt tools from Lowes for $49 (Reg. $199). Yesterday I hit up the Under Armour outlet sale (extra 25% off + 10% Cash Back from Ebates this week + $5 back from Paypal for spending $100 this week). Bought some underwear for DS11, 2 hoodies, and some socks (not in the Outlet unfortunately). I usually try to hold back on shopping too much until November but those were good deals so I had to jump on them. Buying for DD's BF is not easy. He usually gets a gift card to Texas Roadhouse so hopefully he will like this.

Thank you. I use posts like these to show my daughter. I explain to her other people buy months out and hold onto the items for Christmas. I buy for her throughout the year and give to her immediately ( I have no where to "hide" items anyways). So for Christmas we have significantly reduced the amount of "gifts" we give telling them we give them everything throughout the year. We are now more into experiences anyways. In fact, DH and I are talking about going to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico for Christmas. Maybe not this year but the following. My youngest will be almost 14 come Christmas so we have no "littles" to play towards anymore.

Our work colleagues did this last year because the kids are older. They plan to do it again. Vacation time is so much more of a gift than updated iPads and more clothes they don't need. It gives them more experiences AND time to bond with mom and dad.

My Toys R Us finally got in the Battle Bots from Hex bugs. I bought my 14 year old son 4 individual bots and one of the remote control sets. No sale price, but I know he will like them and if they go on sale maybe I can get a price adjustment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter